Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VAR sytem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 72>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 1:07pm
Argies goal is cancelled and it's brought back for a pen
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 1:12pm
Kevin Doyle mentioned a similar scenario on RTE last night, indicating that he'd be in favour of letting play go on while the VAR crew analyse the scenario. Terrible idea IMO as it will cause even more delays in the long run.

Last night's took 90 seconds to clear up, hardly a huge delay. I'd imagine the protests by our players for Henry's handball went on for longer, so if it only takes 90 seconds to clear up an incorrect call to stop a team getting f*cked over, then that's ok with me.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Kevin Doyle mentioned a similar scenario on RTE last night, indicating that he'd be in favour of letting play go on while the VAR crew analyse the scenario. Terrible idea IMO as it will cause even more delays in the long run.

Last night's took 90 seconds to clear up, hardly a huge delay. I'd imagine the protests by our players for Henry's handball went on for longer, so if it only takes 90 seconds to clear up an incorrect call to stop a team getting f*cked over, then that's ok with me.

I take back everything I said here LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 1:39pm
I don't understand how he can give that.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Argies goal is cancelled and it's brought back for a pen

Thumbs Up
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Same here.

VAR is very frustrating! I see incidents in most games that by the same principle should be reviewed and are not.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I do. Defender handles ball in box = penalty. 

You put your arm up that high and handle a football, you give a ref a decision to make. Even before VAR, we saw those decisions given. With VAR, you're not going to get away with it. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 4:16pm
Which is the point! If you can understand it then it can't make any sense.

Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 9:55am
One of the conditions is that neither players nor managers can call for the VAR to influence the ref.
The manager can be sent to the stands or the player can be yellow carded.

I don't know why they didn't introduce the yellow card to stop players making VAR squares during this tournament. I suppose it's a work in progress.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 9:14pm
So the Video assistant referee’s review every incident and they didn’t think the blatant foul on Mitrovic was worth a look for the ref? Frustrating system.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 9:29pm
there needs to be a way for them to alert the ref when things like that are missed totally by him. Like the Kane incidents too 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

there needs to be a way for them to alert the ref when things like that are missed totally by him. Like the Kane incidents too 

Is that not the case? I assumed they had constant contact with the ref and would advise them when something should be reviewed.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

So the Video assistant referee’s review every incident and they didn’t think the blatant foul on Mitrovic was worth a look for the ref? Frustrating system.

Do we know that they didnt alert him, maybe they did and he ignored them. 

Edited by Baldrick - 22 Jun 2018 at 10:32pm
AKA pedantic kunt
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 10:37pm

Question: when the VAR people signal to the referee that an incident should be reviewed, can the referee simply ignore their signal if he feels like it?

If I didn't know any better I'd suspect that's what happened with the Serbian non-penalty. The referee looked like he was behaving in a right pig headed manner.

Edited by sid waddell - 22 Jun 2018 at 10:38pm
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 2:09am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Question: when the VAR people signal to the referee that an incident should be reviewed, can the referee simply ignore their signal if he feels like it?

If I didn't know any better I'd suspect that's what happened with the Serbian non-penalty. The referee looked like he was behaving in a right pig headed manner.
This is one potential problem I can see with VAR - no-one (whether in the stadium or watching on tv) can tell if the VAR actually is getting on to the referee to review an incident so the ref really could choose to ignore the advice if he wanted to and let the VAR get the blame for seemingly not spotting or raising the incident. So it seems there's still room for any dodgy referees to get away with it in future. I'm not saying that's what's happened with any of the penalties that should have been awarded in this world cup but someone surely has some explaining to do about those decisions , not least with the 2 penalties Harry Kane should have got or the one that Mitrovic should have been awarded tonight (I mean, that wasn't just 1 defender holding him in the area, it was 2! Confused).

So it looks like a case of back to the drawing board FIFA...Embarrassed

The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 8:01am
Don't think it matters much tbh who calls for a review, but the clear error decisions are made by the VAR, such as offsides, and the on field ref is the one who has the final say on, penalty reviews/red cards. 

Some of the refs look uncomfortable around penalty claims. Some look as though they think they are being undermined by players and coaches baying for reviews, and others look upset when they have to change the decision. The ref at the Portugal game looked as if he had the weight of the world on his shoulders during the reviews, not helped by a TV camera stuck in his face with millions of people, watching the final minutes of a group being decided, live across the world. 

But I don't think anyone likes to see intimidation of referees, before or after a review. If VAR recommends an incident to be reviewed, it will be reviewed. And if a decision has to be changed, then there is obviously a valid case for it, which there was in the above game. The ref only has to apply the laws of the game as they stand to a given incident, in a fair and impartial manner. 
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 9:53am
Like it and think it can have great benefits for the game but they cant keep stopping it for every decision. Offsides, penalties etc are fine but stopping it for fouls like Ronaldo's last night is wrong. There has to be a human side to it too and things are going to be missed. Too much stopping the game takes away from the VAR in my opinion
Some people just deserve a slap
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 10:13am
So you don't want the game stopped for a review of potential red cards?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 72>
  Share Topic