Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VAR sytem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 72>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

As for the offside. Back in '94 they introduced the ruling for the WC that when the attacking player and defender are level, it would not be ruled as offside. This to try and stimulate attacking play and thus get more goals. How they ever moved away from that standpoint and ended up where we are now is a mystery. Though, knowing the Fifa, it probably has to do with money....

The rule was introduced after the 1990 WC. 

In the Liverpool game, I've seen the zoom of the frame. The red broken line for Mane landed, lands in front of the yellow line of the Everton defender's foot. Therefore the decision to disallow the goal was correct. A VAR is not there to give goals or disallow them. VAR is there to enforce the current laws  of the game, when they haven't been on the field. However, I find that it's the same small minority of refs who find themselves at the centre of attention when VAR decisions are back in the headlines. Unfortunately, this is not the first time, or even the fourth time that Coote's use of VAR has caused uproar. It undermines all the good things that having VAR brings to the game.

LOL

Some amount of mental gymnastics there. You're clearly pissed off Liverpool had what looked to be a clear goal by any reasonable measure disallowed but you can't direct your ire toward the VAR system that's infallible like Trappatoni to you. 

Instead you have to express your anger towards the ref who you seem to imply is controversial or making themselves the centre of attention with previous decisions. Why are you criticizing Coote for his use of VAR if the implementation of VAR in this play was correct in your view? You can't have it both ways. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 10:46pm
Offside is not a reasonable measure. Offside is offside, it's a factual decision. A VAR cannot get it wrong, and he hasn't. Coote should be and has been, criticised for wrong decisions earlier in the game. It's not the first time he's been criticised for not using VAR the way its supposed to be used, nor is it his first time when Oliver has been on the pitch. And when that happens, all the nutters against it crawl out of the woodwork, as they continue their useless campaign to make the EPL a haven for cheats and conmen to thrive as it was, until last season. 

Edited by planning - 19 Oct 2020 at 10:56pm
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 10:58pm
Planning you are a strange fish. You quoted me and left out my username as usual and then decided not to quote me while I was going to reply LOL

Your post makes no sense. 

Is VAR a he now? 

Wtf has Coote's earlier decisions got to do with anything? We're talking about the disallowed Liverpool goal. Stop deflecting about Oliver and Coote. 

"Supposed to be used"? Did Coote use the VAR correctly or incorrectly for the play that led to Henderson's disallowed goal? 
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 11:59am
VAR is usually a he. 

Edited by planning - 21 Oct 2020 at 12:02pm
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:01pm
I'm sure you understand English, so you should be able to understand what I've already said about the disallowed goal. Twice. 

What I don't understand is why you persist with promoting foreign football clubs in your username on a Ireland fans forum. Until that is not the case, I will quote what I want. As it was the last post before my post, there was no need to quote it anyway. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 6:26pm
How can the VAR look at Maguire practically strangling Azpilicueta when a cross comes in and not think it’s a foul 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 6:31pm
Slow-mo replays makes everything look worse than it really is! Good solid defending from Maguire for a change.
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Slow-mo replays makes everything look worse than it really is! Good solid defending from Maguire for a change.
Ah stop it was a pen 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 6:34pm
Contact from Thiago Silva on Rashford too when you slow it down, neither penalties for me.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 7:18pm
Rashfords wasn’t because all contact doesn’t make it a penalty 
It was very slight and wasn’t a foul

Maguires was a clear penalty 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

Ah stop it was a pen 

Ah Benny, a peno all day long.

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

How can the VAR look at Maguire practically strangling Azpilicueta when a cross comes in and not think it’s a foul 

Farcical not reviewing that and then reviewing minimal contact on Rashford a few seconds later.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 8:37pm
Farcial one in the Liverpool game there. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

Ah stop it was a pen 

Ah Benny, a peno all day long.

It was a penalty but even with VAR being in operation it will not be given as a penalty in most cases. 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 8:41pm
Pure sh1te

Brighton player hacks down spurs player right in front of the ref and score a minute later.

VAR says to ref to go look at the monitor.

Everybody with eyes can see it’s a foul.

Ref doesn’t want to override his massive mistake and gives the goal and indicates the player got some of the ball.
The trajectory of the ball doesn’t move at all. 

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 9:38pm
Yeah looked a bad decision. Glad it didn't cost them the result.

That's the first time in PL I think that at ref has been advised to go over to the TV and stuck with their original decision
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 11:15pm
Kane getting a penalty for that was an even bigger joke, then he did a ridiculous dive later on to try for another 

I think March gets slight contact with the ball from one of the angles, but’s it’s very hard to call 
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 9:28am
Saw a couple of clips online last night of Kane backing into players and winning penos/frees, he's good at it in fairness but that's a free out all day. 

The Brighton goal was laughable, ref goes over and looks at the incident and still wont overrule himself even though he can see the foul clear as day
Some people just deserve a slap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 72>
  Share Topic