Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VAR sytem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 72>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 2:07pm
The game was up at the time, but Mane pushing Sterling in the back in the second half was an even clearer penalty. Was genuinely astounded that that wasn't given on a review. Since when, or where else on the pitch would you get away with that??
It wasn't even talked about after or shown on the highlights.
Crazy

Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The game was up at the time, but Mane pushing Sterling in the back in the second half was an even clearer penalty. Was genuinely astounded that that wasn't given on a review. Since when, or where else on the pitch would you get away with that??
It wasn't even talked about after or shown on the highlights.
Crazy

Wasn't even shown on MOTD. I think that was more of a penalty than the handball. I wasn't one bit surprised they didn't give it though. It seems than when you are near the goal line or touch line, the rules totally change. It's just a free for all.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 2:21pm
Could it be argued that TAA's handball led to the Liverpool attack that they scored from so it should have been disallowed under the new rule? Or does it have to be higher up the pitch and in the same phase of play?

Ridiculous question but its become a ridiculous game.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 2:24pm

Could it be argued that TAA's handball led to the Liverpool attack that they scored from so it should have been disallowed under the new rule? Or does it have to be higher up the pitch and in the same phase of play?

Ridiculous question but its become a ridiculous game.

I think that if City hadn't touched the ball before Liverpool scored, there would be a question of that. I think Gudongan iirc cleared poorly leading to the goal. I'm presuming they look at that as separate phases of play essentially.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2019 at 8:40pm

The Mane push on Sterling was an even more ridiculous call
Since when can you push a player with two hands in the back when he’s running past you in this increasingly contact-free sport? Anywhere else on the pitch that’s a free. 

It wasn't two hands in the back, it was a slight nudge with an elbow at most, similiar to the nudge Odoi got before throwing himself to the ground in the Burnley v Chelsea game. 

The referee and the VAR were the same in both games, and a penalty was not given in both games. The ref gave the penalty at Burnley and the VAR said no. With that in mind, there's no reason why an identical incident for Sterling would have got him a penalty. 

In any case, his team have developed a taste for firing the rare penalties they get at Anfield, into Row Z. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 3:50am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

The Mane push on Sterling was an even more ridiculous call
Since when can you push a player with two hands in the back when he’s running past you in this increasingly contact-free sport? Anywhere else on the pitch that’s a free. 

It wasn't two hands in the back, it was a slight nudge with an elbow at most, similiar to the nudge Odoi got before throwing himself to the ground in the Burnley v Chelsea game. 

The referee and the VAR were the same in both games, and a penalty was not given in both games. The ref gave the penalty at Burnley and the VAR said no. With that in mind, there's no reason why an identical incident for Sterling would have got him a penalty. 

In any case, his team have developed a taste for firing the rare penalties they get at Anfield, into Row Z. 

It was a clear push in the back, whether that was enough for a foul is debatable. I think if Sterling falls instantly when the hand goes on his back, it would have been given. I also think it's given as a free kick in most areas of the pitch.

Between VAR and Liverpool, you are an incredibly biased poster. It's actually beyond laughable.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 14 Nov 2019 at 3:50am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 3:59am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

In the slow motion it looks like trent moves his hand but I think it was just the way his body was moving, in realtime it hits him fast without much to to react.. His arms are down,.he is trying to defend. 
I think in the days before VAR, we would have all been saying it was extremely harsh if that was given

Arm away from body - unnatural position - hits him in the arm. Simple decision - penalty to City.

The referee realises that he would have to pull the game back 20 or 30 seconds and in one move take away a goal from liverpool and give a penalty to city at Anfield, and does not want to make that decision. Thus we get to the same problem in that a system that is supposedly 'perfect' is open to interpretation by the same refs that it was brought in to help. 

VAR decisions should be made independently of the referee on the pitch. Aside from any referee being naturally biased towards thinking their initial decision was the correct one and thus being naturally disinclined to consult VAR; we know that English refs can favour narratives over correct calls. Was it Clattenburg who said he 'wanted to see Spurs lose it themselves' and thus refused to give them any red cards against Chelsea that year Leicester won the league? That has absolutely zero to do with refereeing and everything to do with the referee himself. Ego-driven decisions are common in the Premier League.

VAR is not absolutely unworkable, but it is unworkable in its present form.

It isn't up to the ref. If the VAR tells him in his earpiece 30 seconds later that it should have been a City penalty then he had to give it. The VAR said it wasn't, we are told.

A handball resulting in creating ot preventing a goalscoring opportunity doesn;t have to be deliberte any more so surely if they called it back it would have to have been a Liverpool free for the Silva handball before the Alexander-Arnold one. The penalty would have come from Silva playing the ball after it was accidentally controled with his hand so that would have meant a handball created a goalscoring opportunity, 

Think this is technically incorrect. The ball must end up in the bet,then you work backwards and see if there was an attacking handball. The ball doesn't end up in the net, so it's simply a case of whether Silva handles accidentally or not.

Now if TAA had never touched it, Aguero got on the ball after Silva and scored, it would definitely be disallowed.

The handball issues are still a bit of a mess and need more clearing up.

I stand corrected, it's if a goal is scored or a goalscoring chance is created by the assist of a handball it will be given as a free kick against the attacking team. 

I think they would have had a far far better rule if they tweaked it and just said that any goal scored using a hand will be ruled out, accidental or not. Or if going a step further, the last player to assist the goal handles it it will be a free kick out. The fact that a player handling it 5/6 passes before the ball ends up in the net can possibly be pulled back for a free kick is comical.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 6:52pm

It was a clear push in the back, whether that was enough for a foul is debatable. I think if Sterling falls instantly when the hand goes on his back, it would have been given. I also think it's given as a free kick in most areas of the pitch.

Between VAR and Liverpool, you are an incredibly biased poster. It's actually beyond laughable.

No, what is laughable is saying mad stuff that Liverpool can win all 38 league games. Even Klopp would baulk at that.

After waiting 35 years for technology to be used in football, I make no apologies for defending a system that corrects wrong decisions on the spot. I don't care how laughable it is, once the correct decision is made. 
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 6:56pm
it’s not football with this sh*t. Everyone waiting about for a decision absolutely kills it for me. Dinosaur I suppose but nah I just can’t watch it.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 10:54am
It is needed and has been for a long time. If used right it can be a success but that hasn't been done so far and doesn't look like changing any time soon
Some people just deserve a slap
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

No, what is laughable is saying mad stuff that Liverpool can win all 38 league games. Even Klopp would baulk at that.

After waiting 35 years for technology to be used in football, I make no apologies for defending a system that corrects wrong decisions on the spot. I don't care how laughable it is, once the correct decision is made. 

A system that corrects wrong decisions on the spot. It's the sheer laughable, utter stupidity of your post that makes it brilliant. We'll played LOL

As for Liverpool winning 38 league games LOL sweet baby Jesus LOL
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

it’s not football with this sh*t. Everyone waiting about for a decision absolutely kills it for me. Dinosaur I suppose but nah I just can’t watch it.

Obviously you are watching it, and will still continue to watch it. Otherwise you would be watching Rugby. Oh sorry, there's technology in that as well .Or you would be watching GAA. Oh sorry, there's technology in that as well. Cricket/hockey/racing/tennis, name your sport, whichever way you look, there is some form of technology. Best stick to football then. 

This is not "sht", this is the way football is going at the top level. There is  no going back. Every goal, every penalty, every red card is subject to review, and billions worldwide will go and watch it happening every week. No luck, no benefits, no cheating anymore, this is Fair Play in action. You score valid goals or you don't score them at all.  
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 10:00pm
Is taking some adjusting. It is unfortunate that it takes a little away from celebrating as you are always waiting to see if there is going to be a VAR review
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 7:31pm
Oopsy, handball by Djnepo missed in the assist for Southampton a equaliser. Oopsy. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 10:45pm
w**ker of a linesman in Leicester game 
Supposed to keep your flag down unless it’s clearly off 

Harsh on Everton, the fact the flag goes up straight away doesn’t seem right that the goal can stand, even if it was onside 
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 11:10pm

Harsh on Everton, the fact the flag goes up straight away doesn’t seem right that the goal can stand, even if it was onside 

Know what you mean but nobody stopped, to be fair. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 10:49am

I assume it depends on whether the ref blows the whistle or not

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 10:51am
Your assumption is 100% correct.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 72>
  Share Topic