Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VAR sytem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 72>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 3:32pm
No comment on the photos LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

You absolute spoofer
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 11:00pm
I see you're laughing at your own posts now. You just have to LOL

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

I see you're laughing at your own posts now. You just have to LOL

Thoughts on the photos that prove you have been spouting verbal diarrhea non stop about the issues around VAR this summer?
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 2:31pm

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

I'll stand over my comments on the CL penalty being a mistake, and the VAR rushed it for some reason, and missed the initial touch on Sissokos chest meaning it can't be a penalty. It's been done to death recently.

The 2 WC penalties. The ball is clearly in play when Jesus is hacked down by Kompany. Huge mistake that results in Brazil being knocked out. Would you like to look at the replays again and correct your wrong opinion of it? Spain players were rugby tackled when a free kick came into the box, I don't recall any offside. I must look at it again myself.

You are hilarious. No matter what VAR give, you say it is correct. You do realise that this isn't a black or white computer system, it's still humans making the final decisions? Humans who are consistently making incorrect football calls with and without the VAR.

As Nvidic says it should be a good system but it's a complete mess at the moment. A part of that mess is no doubt to do with some farcical directives regarding the laws of the game as PM mentions. It's a complete farce when you can have 2 similar situations in consecutive matches, 1 given as a penalty - 1 waved away. This exact situation happened in the Nigeria Argentina game at the WC last year when the ball hit Rojo on the arm. No penalty. Exact same situation in the Portugal game earlier that day iirc, penalty given. I presume you believe both of those decisions were correct Planning?

The refs in both cases reviewed the situations and saw all the evidence, before making their decisions. So if they say it's a penalty or not, then I accept their judgements. Aside from that, there was more leeway for a handball offence last year. That is gone now. Handball by defender in box = automatic penalty. Hence the penalty in the European Cup Final, and dramatic increase in penalties awarded in VAR games.

In the Brazil game, the incident was reviewed from about 30 available angles, far more than we get to see. Nothing gets past a VAR so if they say the ball is out of play, then obviously it's out. Case closed. 

Handball by the defender in the box = automatic penalty.

Indeed it does LOL

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 2:37pm
I was wondering how long it would be before refereeing bodies and individual match officials would start rowing back on the incorrect penalty given against Sissoko in the CL final. Didn't think it would start this early, but it is welcome nonetheless.

So VAR in the PL will allow plenty of defensive handballs in the penalty area to go unpunished next season. Who would have thought it? LOL LOL LOL

planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 10:52pm
You found a few photos from the 6-700-odd VAR checks across 4 summer tournaments. One of the photos has the ref with their finger to their ear indicating a VAR check is in progress, of which one of the handful of "protestors" in the shot is not even looking at the ref concerned. One photo is about a game I have already posted about. Two tournaments have been completely ignored. 

As already posted, Collina had his say about the attempts of the FA to cherry pick the laws they want to enforce, and ignore the rest. "Laws of the game are the same all over the world". The current handball laws came into force on June 1, the day of the European Cup Final. The penalty was correctly awarded. 5 of Europe's top referees on the night all agreed it was a penalty,  so you're not going to convince me otherwise, regardless whether it "ruined" the game or not. 

Riley wants to play the populist line, knowing that VAR in England is about as popular with fans atm as Swine Flu, influenced by all the media headlines from the correct decisions given at the WWC, "ruining the game". The reality on the ground next season, is once someone handles the ball in the box, there will be an appeal, so the ref and VAR team will have an incident to review and a decision to make. Over 10 games per week, that's a lot of incidents and decisions to be made. Despite what Riley says, they will enforce the laws of the game as they stand in most cases, as is their job.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 12:45am
You realise by enforcing the laws of the game that under no situation ever would the Sissoko penalty situation be given again, right?

You realise that under the laws of the games that a huge amount of handballs in the box by a defending player will not result in a penalty being given, right?

You realise that what Riley says about handballs is perfectly in line with the laws of the game, right?

You realise that your response to the photos is embarrassing LOL LOL LOL you claimed that no players now surround the referee LOL LOL LOL as I told you you're going to need a really big notebook for next seasons refereeing decisions. You should also keep a list on how many games go off without players speaking back to the referees. Your tally at the end of the season will be zero. It's a plague on the game that VAR has done nothing to fix. In fact it's far far worse now.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 1:40am
You do see the coincidence that on the very first day that "accidental" handballs are now banned, there was a penalty given within 25 seconds of the very first game under the new rules.

You do see the similar scenario in England v Sweden where a ball hit a player's chest, then hit her arm. VAR spotted the handball and ruled the goal out. It ultimately decided who won the bronze medal and who went home with sfa. You did see that one player protested about the decision. Not 5, not 10, nor did a team threaten to walk off the pitch either. One player. 

You do see that one player protested about the penalty decision in the final. The offender took her yellow card without protest, and later admitted the decision was correct. She probably understands that protesting about VAR decisions is useless. 

There will be a massive increase in penalty decisions next season. There always is with VAR in situ. At the WWC, there was one almost every day of the week, not because the refs are not good enough, but because VAR spots things the naked eye doesn't. And it doesn't even need to go to Specsavers. 

Edited by planning - 05 Aug 2019 at 10:41pm
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 2:22am
LOL LOL LOL

So you are standing over your statement that every single handball by a defending player will now result in a penalty?

So you are standing over your statement that no players protest or surround the referee anymore with VAR around?

It's going to be a long long season for you and that notebook of yours.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 1:25am
Credit where it's due to the VAR and referee in the African Cup of Nations final. Ball clearly strikes the defenders arm in the box, but by every guideline from this year and from years beforehand, a penalty should never be awarded in this scenario. Referee originally gives it, consults with VAR and then goes against his original decision.

Planning, your thoughts on your assertion that every single handball by a defending player in his own box will result in a penalty being awarded against him? Even though every guideline clearly states there are numerous situations where such a handball cannot result in a penalty being given.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 10:35pm
Andre Marriner has been given the responsibility of ensuring all major decisions are correct at Liverpool v Norwich. 

As the EPL prepares for a culture shock of getting major decisions correct and seeing justice done on the spot, here are 12 of the worst howlers from last season, that cannot happen anymore, even with a watered down version of VAR implemented. There is no subjectivity required for why each of the original decisions below would be overturned to the correct decision, with a VAR review. 

Day 6

Arsenal v Everton:
Incident: Goal scored by Arsenal. 
Decision: Goal given.
VAR Review? Offside given.

Day 9

City v Burnley:
Incident: Goal scored by City.
VAR Review? Goal kick given. Ball out of play. 

Day 10

Crystal Palace v Arsenal:
Incident: Goal Scored by Arsenal 
VAR Review? Free kick for handball.

Day 11

Arsenal v Liverpool:
Incident: Goal Scored by Liverpool.
Decision: Offside given.
VAR Review? Goal Awarded. 

Day 12

Southampton v Watford:
Incident: Goal scored by Southampton.
Decision: Offside given.
VAR Review? Goal given.

Day 18

Bournemouth v Brighton: 
Incident: Mistaken Identity.
Decision: Free kick to Bournemouth. Yellow Card for Brighton.
VAR Review? Decision Overturned. Original yellow card rescinded on the spot, and transferred to the player who committed the foul. The player given the yellow card on the pitch in error, was later dismissed for a second yellow card. 

Day 25 

City v Arsenal:
Incident: Goal Scored by City.
VAR Review? Free kick for handball.

Day 27

West Ham v Fulham:
Incident: Goal scored by West Ham.
VAR Review? Free kick for intentional handball, automatic Red Card given to cheat, 3 game ban. 

Day 30 

City v Watford:
VAR Review? Free kick given.

Liverpool v Burnley:
Incident: Goal scored by Burnley. 
Decision: Goal given. Yellow card.
VAR Review? Free kick given. 

Day 32

Cardiff v Chelsea:
Incident: Goal scored by Chelsea.

Day 34

Palace v City:

Now teams will have the fate decided on merit, not luck. 

Edited by planning - 05 Aug 2019 at 10:47pm
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 10:55pm
LOLLOL

That’s a very selective list. 
No mention of the goal that was “most offside” that was allowed to stand I see?

AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 11:29pm

Andre Marriner has been given the responsibility of ensuring all major decisions are correct at Liverpool v Norwich. 

As the EPL prepares for a culture shock of getting major decisions correct and seeing justice done on the spot, here are 12 of the worst howlers from last season, that cannot happen anymore, even with a watered down version of VAR implemented. There is no subjectivity required for why each of the original decisions below would be overturned to the correct decision, with a VAR review. 

Day 6

Arsenal v Everton:
Incident: Goal scored by Arsenal. 
Decision: Goal given.
VAR Review? Offside given.

Day 9

City v Burnley:
Incident: Goal scored by City.
VAR Review? Goal kick given. Ball out of play. 

Day 10

Crystal Palace v Arsenal:
Incident: Goal Scored by Arsenal 
VAR Review? Free kick for handball.

Day 11

Arsenal v Liverpool:
Incident: Goal Scored by Liverpool.
Decision: Offside given.
VAR Review? Goal Awarded. 

Day 12

Southampton v Watford:
Incident: Goal scored by Southampton.
Decision: Offside given.
VAR Review? Goal given.

Day 18

Bournemouth v Brighton: 
Incident: Mistaken Identity.
Decision: Free kick to Bournemouth. Yellow Card for Brighton.
VAR Review? Decision Overturned. Original yellow card rescinded on the spot, and transferred to the player who committed the foul. The player given the yellow card on the pitch in error, was later dismissed for a second yellow card. 

Day 25 

City v Arsenal:
Incident: Goal Scored by City.
VAR Review? Free kick for handball.

Day 27

West Ham v Fulham:
Incident: Goal scored by West Ham.
VAR Review? Free kick for intentional handball, automatic Red Card given to cheat, 3 game ban. 

Day 30 

City v Watford:
VAR Review? Free kick given.

Liverpool v Burnley:
Incident: Goal scored by Burnley. 
Decision: Goal given. Yellow card.
VAR Review? Free kick given. 

Day 32

Cardiff v Chelsea:
Incident: Goal scored by Chelsea.

Day 34

Palace v City:

Now teams will have the fate decided on merit, not luck. 

No mention of the Bolly handball goal for wolves against Manchester City or the Sadio Mane goal for Liverpool against West Ham where James Miller may as well have been in a different galaxy when he crossed the ball in 
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 8:39am
No, there were only 12 incorrect decisions in the EPL season last season and Planning has detailed them above. That was his dossier he was compiling.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 9:14am
Liverpool's goal V West Ham in Jan was clearley offside. Game ended 1-1

They got another offside goal against WH at Anfield too...

West Ham also had this goal disallowed for offside at Old Trafford (game ended 2-1)

This was disallowed for offside against Leicester. WH were 2-1 up at the time, ended up drawing 2-2

These are just the few that I remember for West Ham last year, I'm sure every team has them go for and against them each season. Hopefully all of the above change next year
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Liverpool's goal V West Ham in Jan was clearley offside. Game ended 1-1

And Origi was also well offside in the last minute of that game but the flag stayed down, only for him to miss the one on one. That could have won Liverpool the title.

planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 1:08am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

there were only 12 incorrect decisions in the EPL season last season and Planning has detailed them above.

I could post up another 12, and another 12 on top of that. If you read what I said, it states clearly that the ones I posted, were the worst howlers of the lot.

The average number of ref errors pre-VAR is 114 per season. 114 errors that influence who wins leagues, who stays up and who goes down, and which manager loses his job. With VAR, the error rate will be nearer to 14 this season. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 1:27am

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

there were only 12 incorrect decisions in the EPL season last season and Planning has detailed them above.

I could post up another 12, and another 12 on top of that. If you read what I said, it states clearly that the ones I posted, were the worst howlers of the lot.

The average number of ref errors pre-VAR is 114 per season. 114 errors that influence who wins leagues, who stays up and who goes down, and which manager loses his job. With VAR, the error rate will be nearer to 14 this season. 

Yet you still believe that every handball by a defensive player will be a penalty this season? 

Also you are ruling out goals scored in seasons past based on rules from 1-2 months ago. You realise it was perfectly legitimate for a player to score a goal with his hand or arm up to now? Please tell me you do? Koscielnys goal against Burnley 2-3 seasons ago being the perfect example of this. A farce of a goal but legitimate by the interpretation of the laws of the game at the time.

I'm guessing nearly every handball goal given last season was also legitimate, you understand that right? How did the Arsenal Palace goal play out? Genuine now as I forget and numerous goals scored with the hand previously were rightly considered legitimate goals under the laws of the game.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 72>
  Share Topic