Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VAR sytem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 72>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 4:45pm
There are now delays in games of between 2 mins to 7 minutes at times for a single decision. Destroying games imo. The best football matches to play in or to watch are all about tempo. VAR, in it's current guise, is ruining matches.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

There are now delays in games of between 2 mins to 7 minutes at times for a single decision. Destroying games imo. The best football matches to play in or to watch are all about tempo. VAR, in it's current guise, is ruining matches.

But there can be delays for a whole host of reasons.

A very famous delay happened in the 1993 game between Man U and Sheffield Wednesday, where the referee was injured and had to be replaced. Delays happen for player injury, disputed penalties, timewasting tactics etc. Delay isn’t a new phenomenon.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 5:00pm
This is very much a new phenomenon. The average added time at the end of each half in matches up to VAR introduction was 0-1 mins in the 1st half and 2-3 mins in the 2nd half (mainly for subs in most matches). 

Now, with subs even leaving the pitch at the nearest point so that time doesn't need to be added on, you are getting 6-7 minutes added on in the 2nd half of matches this summer. 3-4 minutes added on at times in the 1st half of games. Football matches have been running for close to 100 minutes at times. This is even with the time for subs being lessened (which is a very good addition imo).

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 5:02pm

VAR has been running in plenty of leagues and competitions for 2-3 years now. The problem isn't the system. It's the implementation of the system. It leads to huge delays of play which are the death of the game imo. It also leads to total confusion amongst players, management and fans. This is why players are continuously surrounding referees about VAR calls.

It's pretty clear from my posts that I am watching the tournaments. And in all of them bar Cameroon v England, most players have accepted the decision of the VAR. All the ref says is "we're checking", and it's like an anaesthetic to players. Players don't even so much as draw the VAR signal anymore, as they used to. They just vanish and let the officials do what they have to do. 

You keep telling us in this thread all sorts of Nostradamus forecasts about the "death" of football. The whole world wants football. It will never die. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 5:17pm
Players are consistently surrounding referees in games this summer. What was a big problem in football, players surrounding and intimidating refs, has become a lot worse this summer. That is down to the terrible implementation of VAR and referees for some reason not applying the laws and booking these players.

As for the flow of games, you are the only person on the planet who wants football to be 20 minutes longer than it's allotted playing time, just like rugby. 
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 6:09pm

Players are consistently surrounding referees in games this summer. What was a big problem in football, players surrounding and intimidating refs, has become a lot worse this summer. That is down to the terrible implementation of VAR and referees for some reason not applying the laws and booking these players.

And yet you can't give any examples of same...

I don't want games to take "20 minutes" longer, I said I want the correct decision, and it takes as long as it takes. Bugger the clock, I don't want players and fans walking out of a stadium feeling cheated, just to save a bit of time. If you don't like it, you can always stick to watching rugby. You seem to know much more about what happens in that sport than I do.

How do you think cricket fans find the patience to watch matches that last up to 5 days?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 6:13pm
Cricket LOL that's where it's headed if VAR keeps going the way it is LOL

If you think there has not been regular surrounding of refs in this summers matches, best of luck. I genuinely don't know what games you could have been watching.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 7:08pm
Still not one example from one game of all this mass harassment of referees going on in any of the various VAR tournaments. Obviously not happening so. 

Meanwhile, there has not been a single case of a penalty "won" by simulation at any of this year's, or indeed last year's tournaments with VAR. While incidents of dark arts football in the penalty area at set pieces have been cut drastically, and will be cut further, now that forwards are banned from walls at free kicks.

That's what VAR does. Helping to cut the crap out of our sport. Well worth the extra minute or two taken to see it happen. 
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 2:34am
Copa - Brazil Paraguay

Image result for paraguay red card vs Brazil

Copa - Chile Colombia 

Image result for chile colombia copa america 2019

Copa - Colombia Qatar

Image result for qatar colombia copa america var

Copa - Brazil Venezuela

Womens WC - Cameroon England
Related image

Edited by Hans Moleman - 05 Jul 2019 at 2:41am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 2:37am
Womens WC - Norway France

Image result for huddle

Womens WC - Scotland Argentina
Image result for womens football

Womens WC - Norway Australia

Edited by Hans Moleman - 05 Jul 2019 at 3:10am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 2:50am

Womens WC - Nigeria France

There are a few more brilliant photos from this one as well online of players totally respecting the officials.

Related image

Edited by Hans Moleman - 05 Jul 2019 at 3:02am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 3:16am
The absolute stench of nonsense off your posts about VAR stings my nostrils Planning. It's clear as day you haven't been watching football over the past few weeks. If you had been you would see VAR constantly ruining games by taking an age to make at times the simplest of decisions. You would also see the constant surrounding and intimidating of the referee by players. 

Your assertion that this isn't happening is utter bullsh*t
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 6:45am
Var Just doesnt work...maybe some masterminds r trying to burn out var in purpose by overexposing it

Edited by Gerry Geary - 05 Jul 2019 at 6:45am
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 8:57am
VAR is doing exactly what people asked for, a video review. It's getting decisions right by the current laws.

I think people are beginning to realise that it was more fun to have a few random wrong decisions to moan about.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 9:48am
Hans - what did you think of VAR during WC2018? I think most people accepted it worked pretty seamlessly at that tournament - particular for such a new system. Do you think something has changed between last summer and now in terms of the implementation of the system?

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Hans - what did you think of VAR during WC2018? I think most people accepted it worked pretty seamlessly at that tournament - particular for such a new system. Do you think something has changed between last summer and now in terms of the implementation of the system?

DID YOU NOT SEE THE PENALTY BRAZIL SHOULD HAVE GOT WHEN JESUS WAS FOULED??????
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 1:02pm
Correct Brendan. It did not work at WC 2018. At the same time, it wasn't the utter farce it's been this summer.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 3:31pm

It's clear as day you haven't been watching football over the past few weeks. If you had been you would see VAR constantly ruining games by taking an age to make at times the simplest of decisions. 

It's ruining games for you, yet you're still watching them. What ruins the game for me are wrong decisions allowed to stand, whether it's for me, against me, or as a neutral. I've watched and attended enough games over the years, wondering why can't we use video technology as other sports do. So by comparison, "6 minutes" is no time. I'll wait. We must have justice on a football pitch at all times, not injustice to save a minute or two.

You keep telling me I'm not watching games. It's as much nonsense as telling us all about the impending "death" of football. I'm just not running round watching VAR checks/decisions with a stopwatch in my hand. If VAR was getting decisions regularly wrong, you could ask questions about why it's used. But the 98-99% accuracy rate justifies why we have it. So we're not going back to rampant cheating and/or rank incompetence again. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 72>
  Share Topic