You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Useful/Useless pieces of information.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 7:09pm
Why do they have them on beer cans then? Nobody drinks beer through a straw. And half the time they are solid with promotional codes underneath. Also, the straw stays in even if you don't put it through the little hoop.

I've seen it done before, but I didn't realise that's what you were getting at. Maybe I should go to the thick thread but I'm not going to bother.
Ludwig von Drake View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ludwig von Drake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 8:47pm
A blue whale's tongue can weigh more than an elephant. Their heart can weigh as much as a car. They are one of the loudest animals on the planet and in good conditions can apparently hear each other from up to 1,000 miles away. The oldest found blue whale was estimated by scientists to be around 110 years old. 

Rostrevor Fan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rostrevor Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 8:54pm

Originally posted by Ludwig von Drake Ludwig von Drake wrote:

A blue whale's tongue can weigh more than an elephant. Their heart can weigh as much as a car. They are one of the loudest animals on the planet and in good conditions can apparently hear each other from up to 1,000 miles away. The oldest found blue whale was estimated by scientists to be around 110 years old. 

a lot of nonsense i know a guy works in a whaleway station and never heard of these facts
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Rostrevor Fan Rostrevor Fan wrote:

a lot of nonsense i know a guy works in a whaleway station and never heard of these facts
You will have him blubbering now
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ludwig von Drake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Rostrevor Fan Rostrevor Fan wrote:

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ludwig von Drake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 9:03pm
St. Patrick's real name was Maewyn Succat.

Edited by Ludwig von Drake - 22 Jan 2013 at 9:19pm
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 9:16pm

Jamie Oliver's tongue weights as much as a small elephant.
Brian Cowen's weights as much as a larger elephant.
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 12:49am
I heard their tongues were the same size as a double decker bus Confused
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 8:35am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Why do they have them on beer cans then? Nobody drinks beer through a straw. And half the time they are solid with promotional codes underneath. Also, the straw stays in even if you don't put it through the little hoop.

I've seen it done before, but I didn't realise that's what you were getting at. Maybe I should go to the thick thread but I'm not going to bother.

Sorry bud but the hole in the ring pull was not invented with us paddys in mind. Most central and eastern European women drink their beer through a straw. The mrs always gets queer looks when we go back home and does this.
Polcia View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Ybig's resident Doctor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polcia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Sorry bud but the hole in the ring pull was not invented with us paddys in mind. Most central and eastern European women drink their beer through a straw. The mrs always gets queer looks when we go back home and does this.

I drink beer through a straw sometimes - usually when I am having a beer with a juice sirup (ginger or raspberry Thumbs Up), when I'm having just a beer - I don't use a straw, my (female) friends do. Smile
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 2:35pm
I was explaining some useless piece of knowledge about graphic design to my son's girlfriend over Christmas, when he told me that a door handles position should be one meter from the ground.
I asked him did it matter if it wasn't and he replied "exactly".

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 4:01pm
When people think of a castle, they tend to associate it incorrectly as just the Keep which is the primarily the main structure. However castle is the term that refers to the entire structure site and its surrounding walls but of course you can have a castle that does not have a keep at all. Dublin Castle being the most famous example in Ireland  
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 4:09pm
Jackee is the term is derived from a nickname for John (i.e. Jack)from the Union Jack (As Dubliners were considered the most English of all the Irish) combined with the Irish diminutive suffix "-een" (meaning little) [1] (-ín in Irish) found in many Irish female names such as Roisín ("little Rose") and Maureen (Mairín, "little Mary" They are known to be completely different than the rest of Ireland by saying words like Bird and Bloke to describe people.

Edited by corkery - 23 Jan 2013 at 4:10pm
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 9:08pm
If every muscle in your body could pull in one direction , you could lift nearly 25 tons
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 9:10pm
Hugging for 20 seconds releases Oxytocin , which can make someone trust you more
HateHenry View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Crap at lists & YBIG KK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HateHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013 at 12:34am
The benefits (protein wise) of eating celery are nil, more energy is burned by chewing and digesting it then from the actual chemical makeup of it..
The statue ON the gates of Dublin Castle faces the wrong way..purposely!
Polska Bialo Czerwoni
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013 at 1:26am
a 'murmuration' is a group of starlings

Edited by tonyjaa - 03 Mar 2013 at 1:28am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819
  Share Topic