You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Useful/Useless pieces of information.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Ah yes that fine British institution of HP sauce...which is incidently made in the Netherlands  Embarrassed

lyons, siucra, HB, harp all not made in ireland

Harp is still brewed in Dundalk, Lyons is still made in Dublin, HB is made in Co. Cavan and Siucra...well we decided to close the Sugar plants however discussions are underway to re-open them and start sugar production again in this country. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 22 Jan 2013 at 12:02pm
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 12:39pm
Well, Lyons isn't made with Irish tea, cos we don't grow any, HB is not Irish owed and Harp is part of London-based Diageo. It all depends how you look at it, but personally, I think if the product is manufactured here (and I'd count Lyons and Harp as being manufactured here, even if the ingredients are imported), it counts as Irish, given that it contributes jobs to the country even if the profits are removed.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 12:53pm

Ah yes that fine British institution of HP sauce...which is incidently made in the Netherlands  Embarrassed

Harp is still brewed in Dundalk, Lyons is still made in Dublin, HB is made in Co. Cavan and Siucra...well we decided to close the Sugar plants however discussions are underway to re-open them and start sugar production again in this country. 

None of them Irish owned then it must be, had it said to be the other way the other day
c90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 12:57pm

None of them Irish owned then it must be, had it said to be the other way the other day

Can't do a proper link
http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/not-made-in-ireland-683171-Nov2012/

Edited by c90 - 22 Jan 2013 at 12:58pm
Maggie Thatcher, Winston Churchill, Lawrence Of Arabia, Elton John! Yiz can all go f**k yerselves
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 1:20pm

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 2:28pm
YR sauce has the guaranteed irish sign on the bottle. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

ShockedShockedShocked
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 2:54pm
I don't see anything there, is it meant to be a face in the straw or something?
greengiant View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

+1 im lost!
The first two-syllable word I ever learned growing up was discretion." Dunphy on a his childhood
GreenArmy! View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenArmy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by greengiant greengiant wrote:

+1 im lost!
Its about the tab that opens the can, not many people know its also meant to hold a straw in place ,so that it doesnt float out of the can.

Edited by GreenArmy! - 22 Jan 2013 at 3:09pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by GreenArmy! GreenArmy! wrote:

+1 im lost!
Its about the tab that opens the can, not many people know its also meant to hold a straw in place ,so that it doesnt float out of the can.
I am genuinely wowwed!!...that is not a useless piece of information!!...thats class!! ClapClapClap,cant believe i never knew that!! LOLLOL
The first two-syllable word I ever learned growing up was discretion." Dunphy on a his childhood
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

I always thought YR stood for Yorkshire Relish,could well be wrong though.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

I always thought YR stood for Yorkshire Relish,could well be wrong though.

No the sauce made by Robert Roberts LOL
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 3:25pm
Taken from the website!!

Although, YR stands for Yorkshire Relish, it has been made in Ireland since 1933 and is now produced in Donegal. The difference is in the tasting so next time you’re doing a shop and supporting Love Irish Food, pick up a bottle and taste it for yourself
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 3:32pm

Taken from the website!!

Although, YR stands for Yorkshire Relish, it has been made in Ireland since 1933 and is now produced in Donegal. The difference is in the tasting so next time you’re doing a shop and supporting Love Irish Food, pick up a bottle and taste it for yourself

I never realised Yorkshire Relish was something that was made by different manufacturers... Embarrassed

Edited by colemanY2K - 22 Jan 2013 at 3:34pm
Metal Paul View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Scarlet for the eegits that didn't get it.
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 4:51pm
Embarrassed To the thick thread!!
Rostrevor Fan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rostrevor Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by Metal Paul Metal Paul wrote:

Smartest dogs: 1) border collie; 2)poodle; 3)golden retriever.

Bollox. Jack Russell is the smartest dog. And if you disagree I have one that will constantly run around in a circle until you do agree Thumbs Up

Agree with you Sausy I have two Jack Russells who will be 2 year old in April - Very clever but mad as hatters - i had mongrels or crossbreeds before that who were very clever as well - its the way they are taught and your personality comes out in them - dogsThumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
  Share Topic