You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UPC Horizon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Hoosay Hoosay wrote:

Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Not convinced by it tbh, I have Apple TV and can throw anything up on the FC from the iPad/iPhone. Having to be connected to your UPC broadband to watch is abit sh*t but like SA says, when it evolves a bit then great. I can watch loads already with www.aertv.ie and netflix. Also the dodgy boxes are huge now, my mate is a host so I get if for €0

I've got Apple TV too, it's OK, but needs more apps, I really only use it for Netflix and for sharing stuff on the TV from my iPad, which is the best thing about it. Most of the iTunes films available are available on my cable on demand service and are cheaper there. I've had it a couple of years now but Apple haven't really done anything with it to make it better.

Jailbreak the sh*t out of that lad
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 10:16am
I stil cant understand why anybody woupd bring out that "sky go" type service that will only work in your own house. Its a laughable offer.   Theyll be bringing out chocolate teapots next.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 10:17am

Not convinced by it tbh, I have Apple TV and can throw anything up on the FC from the iPad/iPhone. Having to be connected to your UPC broadband to watch is abit sh*t but like SA says, when it evolves a bit then great. I can watch loads already with www.aertv.ie and netflix. Also the dodgy boxes are huge now, my mate is a host so I get if for €0

I've got Apple TV too, it's OK, but needs more apps, I really only use it for Netflix and for sharing stuff on the TV from my iPad, which is the best thing about it. Most of the iTunes films available are available on my cable on demand service and are cheaper there. I've had it a couple of years now but Apple haven't really done anything with it to make it better.

Can ya jailbreak the latest Apple TV? Think you can only do the earlier versions 
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 10:19am

How and what will that allow me to do?
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 10:39am
BF tried to get UPC Horizon into new apartment but they said its not available there Confused

Going to get Sky instead but dont want their internet as its very slow. Any suggestions on internet providers that are as fast as UPC? 

Thanks, 

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 10:45am
Eircom are running on eFibre now

Have a look at this too -

http://www.uswitch.ie/broadband/?gclid=CLPJlPKtkbsCFQlb3god_lwAjg
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Cotsy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cotsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 11:46am
I have just bought a smart tv and moved into a new place and am going to get a UPC package for tv and bb. Are all the UPC packages now with horizon? From reading this thread i am still not sure what it is tbh.

If i can choose between a horizon package and a normal (fibre??) package would i be mad not to go for the horizon one?
Bohs Till I Die
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 12:03pm
no they have other 'basics' bundles. Horizon is a load of hot air, you'd want to be a serious recorder of programmes to have much benefit. They rang me there last week to save me money. This will be interesting I thought, so I let yer man waffle away. He kindly offered me Horizon for an extra €1.50pm. Says I to him, I thought you were going to save me money. not cost me more. Chancers

Cotsy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cotsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 12:59pm
Cheers Sham, so as i have a smart TV would i be as well to just go with a normal bundle? Only 2 of us and never really record all that many shows.
Bohs Till I Die
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 1:04pm
Personally, telly is crap. I'll be getting rid once my contract is up and sticking an aerial up to get Saorview and free sat from the UK. 

I'm on the value 60 plan, but got my broadband speed doubled the last time I threatened to leave. If you don't record much then go for that. They'll include a free phone and if you can trust yourself and more importantly her, to only use it when its free, then grand, if not, tell them not to send the phone or you'll burn their office block in East Point. 

Cotsy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cotsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 1:26pm
Top man Sham.

Torn between the value 60 plan and the horizon select extra 120. Not too much difference in the price but a fair few more channels on the horizon one.

I am hopeless with this stuff.
Bohs Till I Die
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 1:28pm
Anyone looking to leave UPC broadband should ring up and say you're leaving, I did this and it went from €44 to €22 per month with one call. Don't think it's worth full price myself, €22 is about all it's worth, good broadband though

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Cotsy Cotsy wrote:

Top man Sham.

Torn between the value 60 plan and the horizon select extra 120. Not too much difference in the price but a fair few more channels on the horizon one.

I am hopeless with this stuff.
Trust me, the vast majority of channels are crap. You look and see the number of channels and think, jaysus thats great. I bet though you will never watch most of them. The only excellent thing about UPC is the broadband
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Anyone looking to leave UPC broadband should ring up and say you're leaving, I did this and it went from €44 to €22 per month with one call. Don't think it's worth full price myself, €22 is about all it's worth, good broadband though

Dont hink you can actually get broadband as a stand alone anymore, or at least its not on their site. You with them a while? I'll chance my arm when the contract is up to keep the broadband only. Eircom are now fibre powered in my area but their price for BB alone is €1 dearer than UPC's lowest priced BB and TV package, so makes no sense 
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 1:55pm
Got it 12 months ago Sham, reckon if you wanted stand alone they would probably say yes, these companies are desperate to keep customers in today's market.

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 2:09pm

Got it 12 months ago Sham, reckon if you wanted stand alone they would probably say yes, these companies are desperate to keep customers in today's market.

yeah and sure if not, I'll just get the Eircom one or Wimax at €19 pm for life
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 2:49pm

yeah and sure if not, I'll just get the Eircom one or Wimax at €19 pm for life

Eircom BB isn't a patch on UPC. UPCs BB is the only thing keeping half their customers with them I'd imagine. Sky are far superior for tv
Fitzinho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 4:48pm
The last two times I told Sky I was leaving they gave first gave me 6 months free (whole package, HD, 3D, movies, sports, multiroom etc €109 pm value) when that ran out they gave me the next 9 months half price which ends this December when I'll be cancelling again Wink

I'd rather have nothing than UPC TV, very poor products for this day and age. Great broadband though
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
  Share Topic