You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

United Airlines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 2:30pm
The "money" they offer you to take another flight is usually paid in vouchers. Those vouchers cannot be all used at one time when booking in the future. They also cannot be used for certain flights and at certain times of the year. They also usually have a use by date of about a year after issued.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

The "money" they offer you to take another flight is usually paid in vouchers. Those vouchers cannot be all used at one time when booking in the future. They also cannot be used for certain flights and at certain times of the year. They also usually have a use by date of about a year after issued.

Made me think about this Simpsons episode

"In exchange for your silence, I’m prepared to offer your family free tickets to anywhere in the United States, excluding Alaska and Hawaii, the freak states."

Edited by Denis Irwin - 11 Apr 2017 at 2:33pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Well he didn't look the type of boy that would have been clapping his hands and singing "lager lager lager lager mega mega white thing",  or shouting get your tits out for the lads at the air hostesses.

Just burst out laughing reading that, in the computer room in college, look like a fair space cadet now LOL
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 3:17pm
i'd say byrner is absolutely ragging that not being able to post on this thread.

can the mods let him back on just once?

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Dave ye reckon he'd get a huge payout if he pursues this ?

Dunno. It's hard to see what the full picture is here. I mean, if he was given an opportunity to explain himself, and United still said "whatever, we don't care, off you get", and he refused to get off, they are probably entitled to remove him. The force was a bit much from what we saw, so even then they might be in trouble, although that was the cops, rather than United, who removed him.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by max max wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Well he didn't look the type of boy that would have been clapping his hands and singing "lager lager lager lager mega mega white thing",  or shouting get your tits out for the lads at the air hostesses.

Just burst out laughing reading that, in the computer room in college, look like a fair space cadet now LOL
Don't blame ya, I'm still laughing at the very idea of a middle-aged Asian doctor behaving like a teenage lout heading off for a week's piss-up in Magaluf. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 4:25pm
He will never pay for a flight again, rightly so too. They couldn't have managed this any worse if they had had him knocked out with a tranquilliser gun and shoved in with the luggage.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 4:34pm

The muck raking has begun! Dr Dao has a ropey past according to some reports. Plying patients with drugs in exchange for sex (which is a nice perk of the job for someone in his line of work) is one accusation being thrown against him. 
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

The muck raking has begun! Dr Dao has a ropey past according to some reports. Plying patients with drugs in exchange for sex (which is a nice perk of the job for someone in his line of work) is one accusation being thrown against him. 
The man could have been raping children with puppies, none of it should be relevant to this.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 4:43pm
United's lawyers have been working overtime I see. Jesus it's one continuous f**k up from them
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

United's lawyers have been working overtime I see. Jesus it's one continuous f**k up from them
They quicker they hold their hands up and blame everything on the staff, the quicker this is forgotten about. They seem determined to make things worse.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

The man could have been raping children with puppies, none of it should be relevant to this.

Jones: Tomorrow, on "Rock Bottom":
           [slomo of Willy walking into Godfrey's office] he's a
          foreigner who takes perverted videos of you when you least
          expect it.  He's "Rowdy Roddy Peeper"...
   Homer: Oh, that man is sick!
   Marge: Groundskeeper Willy saved you, Homer.
   Homer: But listen to the music!  He's evil!
   Marge: Hasn't this experience taught you you can't believe everything
          you hear?
   Homer: Marge, my friend, I haven't learned a thing.
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 5:05pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjE1vFwYvfE

I was only just watching it.
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 5:05pm
share price down around 4% which equates to them losing several hundred million off their market cap in trading today. that's a bad day at the office. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Flying with them in the summer

They offeerred 800 dollars supposedly and no takers

I suspect you would have volunteered to give up your seat for $8

Too right though if no takers at 800 I would of volenteered is both at 1000 each
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 7:17pm

Too right though if no takers at 800 I would of volenteered is both at 1000 each

Flew with delta before and they offered the younger brother and I 600 dollars in vouchers each plus a night in a hotel with food and drinks vouchers to fly the next day.   

Paid for flight to America and Argentina the next year and it only cost me the few Bob I gave my brother for the vouchers.
AKA pedantic kunt
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Flew with delta before and they offered the younger brother and I 600 dollars in vouchers each plus a night in a hotel with food and drinks vouchers to fly the next day.   

Paid for flight to America and Argentina the next year and it only cost me the few Bob I gave my brother for the vouchers.

vouchers a bit more problematic unless they are in alliance with some European carriers
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 7:54pm
They started the bidding at 300 dollars and no takers. Upped to 800 and still no takers. They knew they needed to get 4 seats and now have lost millions.

Lufthansa are unhappy as they code share with United and will be affected by the backlash.

CEO MUST BE HISTORY WITH HIS ONE email to the press and his other one to the staff.

Even the police not doing well with their statement that he got injured falling
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic