You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 255256257258259 329>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 2:03pm
Lad ended up getting a hat trick. Seems a natural goalscorer. Hasn't played much this season so wouldnt be too much of a worry if he stayed with the 23s until the end of the season. 

Won't be 19yo until September. They have Coburn on top of the lads they got on loan Connolly Balogun also Watmore etc plenty competition in Boros first team. 

It's good to see more talent follow on from the initial 4 Idah Connolly Parrott Obafemi. More hopefuls the more likely we are to have 2/3 established top flight strikers/attackers in the coming years.

Edited by kevin100 - 16 Jan 2022 at 2:05pm
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 2:09pm
Will stay with the Under 23s this season I'd say. A lot of senior forwards at Boro now. Next season he might feature if they don't go up.

As ever, hard to read too much into Under 23 football, but his goalscoring numbers are up there with Connolly, Idah etc when they were playing at that grade.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 2:17pm
Hope to see Kavanagh with the 19's squad in March.
Seems to have come back from a stretch out injured and if he stays fit, should certainly be under consideration.

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 2:34pm
O'Neill, Kayode and Ferguson would be ahead of him for the Under 21s at this stage. O'Neill did well in the autumn and the other two are playing some senior football. Possibly Oko-flex as well since he's on the West Ham bench most weeks. Presumably Odubeko would get called in too if it's true that he's committing, though he has it all to prove.

On that basis I'd say Under 19s would be better for Kavanagh for now. Plenty of time for him. Obviously if he did break through at Boro you'd have to rethink it at that point.

Edited by You Tell Me - 16 Jan 2022 at 2:35pm
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Hope to see Kavanagh with the 19's squad in March.
Seems to have come back from a stretch out injured and if he stays fit, should certainly be under consideration.

Would you not say we're a little short up front on the u21s Fozz? We already have 17 year old ferguson promoted to u21, would Kavenagh also add to the attacking options?

I'm not really inclined to give okoflex or odubeko the time of day, both seem to have commitment issues and even turn down the opportunity of playing 

I'm torn on the two lads too until they prove they want to play for us by, you know, actually playing for us.
Also, I'd have Parrott with the 21's in March if things stay as they are.
Obafemi too if he's fit and willing.

So having said all that, Kavanagh in the 19's with Kenny would be how I'd go.

Interesting times ahead anyway.

Edited by Fozz - 16 Jan 2022 at 2:46pm
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 2:55pm
Kavanagh and Zeffi at under 19 will be exciting going up against big teams like Portugal and England
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 8:41pm
Spitting image of his dad. 

Can just imagine him asking for a spare smoke as soon as I get off the train at Connolly.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by davekoolhill davekoolhill wrote:

Kavanagh and Zeffi at under 19 will be exciting going up against big teams like Portugal and England

This is it if Okoflex and Odubeko commit themselves give them the benefit of the doubt. Both solid additions to the 21s. Leave Kavanagh and even Ferguson with the 19s they will need the firepower. More quality the merrier. If Ferguson starts getting PL minutes then of course he may well be with the 21s.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

This is it if Okoflex and Odubeko commit themselves give them the benefit of the doubt. Both solid additions to the 21s. Leave Kavanagh and even Ferguson with the 19s they will need the firepower. More quality the merrier. If Ferguson starts getting PL minutes then of course he may well be with the 21s.

Ferguson is already with the 21's. If he's getting more premier League minutes, then it's the seniors he'll he getting drafted into.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Ferguson is already with the 21's. If he's getting more premier League minutes, then it's the seniors he'll he getting drafted into.

That was due to the lack of options at 21s. If Odubeko Obafemi and Okoflex actually commit seriously then its going to be interesting. 
Do you think he should be drafted into the senior team before the year is out if he starts getting PL minutes? He's still only a kid. 

Parrott might be the one to get demoted to the 21s in that case. 
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 9:58am
I'm starting to look forward to March already. Will be interesting to see the make up of the U21 and U19 squads. Oko-flex should all goal scoring power to the U21's and Kavanagh will do the same for the U19's hopefully. We have enough young attacking talent coming through to hope that one or two of them will make the breakthrough.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 11:24am
Another of our U19 strikers, Sinclair Armstrong from QPR, is reportedly being tracked by Man City and Southampton. That would be a huge jump in standard for the lad who was only recently on loan at Torquay. I think he had been tracked by some of the bigger clubs this time last year though.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 11:31am
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

Another of our U19 strikers, Sinclair Armstrong from QPR, is reportedly being tracked by Man City and Southampton. That would be a huge jump in standard for the lad who was only recently on loan at Torquay. I think he had been tracked by some of the bigger clubs this time last year though.

The football equivalent of flipping a house.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 11:34am
I wonder if Shamrock Rovers would be due any part of a sell on fee from QPR? Would thay have been able to add that as part of the contract when Armstrong left them for QPR?
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

Another lad hopefully in the upcoming 19's squad.

This is what we want to see - the best players (Ferguson, Zefi) shifted up the ages rapidly but quickly replaced by very good prospects just behind them in Kenny & Armstrong and the likes.

Can't be afraid of fast-tracking players through the youth system as that's what its for.

Keeping a lad like Ferguson with the 17's (or even 19's) would be doing him a disservice.
Same with Zefi who was last with the 19's.

And if Odubeko and/or OkoFlex won't be interested for whatever reasons (I'm still fully onboard with both lads, yes, even Mipo!  They are young and I'll forgive young lads acting the bollox) then we have plenty of other options to fill the gaps.

For me, March is all about the 17's, 19's and 21s.
Tough competitive matches for all while the seniors play a couple of friendlies.

Bring it on!

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 10:12pm
Charlie McCann was on the bench for Rangers tonight.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 11:04pm
Some goal by Okoflex tonight for the u23s
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 12:28am
Clubs from all over Europe are allegedly interested in Harry Vaughan, and Burnley have made a bid.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 255256257258259 329>
  Share Topic