You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 240241242243244 329>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

2 for thomas o'connor for Burton tonight, that's 3 in his last 4 I think. Is he still lining out as a left back for them? Pretty impressive if so, still only 22 and doing well in L1, another to keep an eye on.

Playing in central midfield tonight as per BBC.

Burton Albion FC
@burtonalbionfc
ยท
49. Brilliant, brilliant goal Tom O'Connor - a curled effort from 25 yards, far corner from Smith's pass inside! #BAFC
Idah Dream!
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 9:16pm

2 for thomas o'connor for Burton tonight, that's 3 in his last 4 I think. Is he still lining out as a left back for them? Pretty impressive if so, still only 22 and doing well in L1, another to keep an eye on.

Burton Albion's Twitter account had the first one down as an own goal.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 12:05am

Playing in central midfield tonight as per BBC.

I've been keeping an eye on their games via Flashscore and they've been having him centre mid mostly this season but he didn't start every game. Think he might have had an injury. 

You wouldn't know with this lad. He's one of these guys that was probably a GAA prospect first and foremost and progressed well eventually in football. He was prodigious in hurling and Gaelic football apparently- even as a Kilkenny man. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the42.ie/good-counsel-st-brendans-2073369-Apr2015/%3famp=1

Edited by Eoink21 - 16 Oct 2021 at 12:08am
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 12:14am
Definitely one of our lower profile emerging players. Seems to have found his position as a defensive midfielder now, he had moved around a bit before that. Could easily be one who progresses to a higher level in a year or two and comes in to the national team discussion, but obviously plenty of other midfielders coming through around his age that he will have to compete with.

Will probably go on to have the best career out of the three lower league O'Connors (Tom/Lee/Paudie).
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 12:25am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Definitely one of our lower profile emerging players. Seems to have found his position as a defensive midfielder now, he had moved around a bit before that. Could easily be one who progresses to a higher level in a year or two and comes in to the national team discussion, but obviously plenty of other midfielders coming through around his age that he will have to compete with.

Will probably go on to have the best career out of the three lower league O'Connors (Tom/Lee/Paudie).

Don't forget Anthony. He got an assist for Morecambe in the same game. Meanwhile, contrasting fortunes for Darragh and Daire over in Scotland.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 16 Oct 2021 at 12:25am
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 12:44am
If I was ranking the O'Connors by potential at the moment the order would be:

Tom
Paudie
Lee
Darragh
Daire

Leaving out Anthony as he's 28 so unlikely to have much more development in him.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 10:26am

Tom
Paudie
Lee
Darragh
Daire

Leaving out Anthony as he's 28 so unlikely to have much more development in him.
Christy ahead of Lee
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 10:31am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Tom
Paudie
Lee
Darragh
Daire

Christy ahead of Lee

Senior or Junior?
Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 4:12pm
Under the radar but Ruari Paton moved to Queen of the South over the summer, stepping up to the Championship from League 2 in the process. Still only 21. He has 5 goals already this season, so he's outscoring the likes of Afolabi, Keena and Varian.
Loc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 11:18pm
Evan Ferguson with both goals as they beat Crystal Palace 2-1 in u-23s apparently.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Loc Loc wrote:

Evan Ferguson with both goals as they beat Crystal Palace 2-1 in u-23s apparently.

Looked at his stats here with full context they read even better. 12 players jt top with 6 goals but only Mcatee at City has a better goals per minute ratio goal every 63. Ferguson and Balogun jt 2nd every 67. Mcatee is two years older then Ferguson Balogun 3 years. 

Really impressive what he's doing at such a young age. Long way to go for him but hopefully he keeps it up. It's all very promising. 

Not to get completely carried away but it's hardly a big price he makes a PL debut before the year is out if keeps banging them in. Welbeck out for a while Maupay Connolly injury prone too they aren't teeming with depth up top.

Edited by kevin100 - 17 Oct 2021 at 12:20pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 11:15am
Calum Kavanagh made a comeback for Middleborough U23s had a hernia operation. I was wondering what had kept him out. 

Scored as well today. He's a nice prospect another attacking prospect. No harm to see others following on from Connolly Parrott Idah Obafemi and we not just hanging our hats on them long term. Hopefully he stays fit and makes his senior debut before the year is out.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 9:19am
Ryan Cassidy scored again for Watford U-23s yesterday, 2 in a row now, still only 20 and coming back well from a l/t injury last season
Idah Dream!
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 9:53am

Ryan Cassidy scored again for Watford U-23s yesterday, 2 in a row now, still only 20 and coming back well from a l/t injury last season

Good to see.
A bad injury but he had being doing well in U23's before his loan move was a bit stop-start and then FULL-stop.
So he's pressed the reset button and hopefuly gets a fresh loan come January or next Summer.
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 10:50am
Oh Jaysus, , the pres has come to take our Rocco

https://twitter.com/AnnFrancesMurr3/status/1450228445842219010/photo/1

Edited by Howdo - 19 Oct 2021 at 10:51am
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

Oh Jaysus, , the pres has come to take our Rocco

https://twitter.com/AnnFrancesMurr3/status/1450228445842219010/photo/1

Get Michael D on the case asap!
It's not me it's you:-)
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 8:55pm
Another goal for Tom O'Connor tonight thats 4 in 4 I think
Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 12:20am
Looks like Ross Tierney will join Motherwell in January: https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1254713/?__twitter_impression=true
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 240241242243244 329>
  Share Topic