You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 240241242
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 hours 54 minutes ago at 9:06pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

2 for thomas o'connor for Burton tonight, that's 3 in his last 4 I think. Is he still lining out as a left back for them? Pretty impressive if so, still only 22 and doing well in L1, another to keep an eye on.

Playing in central midfield tonight as per BBC.
Idah Dream!
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 hours 47 minutes ago at 9:13pm

2 for thomas o'connor for Burton tonight, that's 3 in his last 4 I think. Is he still lining out as a left back for them? Pretty impressive if so, still only 22 and doing well in L1, another to keep an eye on.

Burton Albion FC
@burtonalbionfc
ยท
49. Brilliant, brilliant goal Tom O'Connor - a curled effort from 25 yards, far corner from Smith's pass inside! #BAFC
Idah Dream!
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 hours 44 minutes ago at 9:16pm

Burton Albion's Twitter account had the first one down as an own goal.
Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 hours 55 minutes ago at 12:05am

I've been keeping an eye on their games via Flashscore and they've been having him centre mid mostly this season but he didn't start every game. Think he might have had an injury. 

You wouldn't know with this lad. He's one of these guys that was probably a GAA prospect first and foremost and progressed well eventually in football. He was prodigious in hurling and Gaelic football apparently- even as a Kilkenny man. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the42.ie/good-counsel-st-brendans-2073369-Apr2015/%3famp=1

Edited by Eoink21 - 13 hours 52 minutes ago at 12:08am
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 hours 46 minutes ago at 12:14am
Definitely one of our lower profile emerging players. Seems to have found his position as a defensive midfielder now, he had moved around a bit before that. Could easily be one who progresses to a higher level in a year or two and comes in to the national team discussion, but obviously plenty of other midfielders coming through around his age that he will have to compete with.

Will probably go on to have the best career out of the three lower league O'Connors (Tom/Lee/Paudie).
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 hours 35 minutes ago at 12:25am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Definitely one of our lower profile emerging players. Seems to have found his position as a defensive midfielder now, he had moved around a bit before that. Could easily be one who progresses to a higher level in a year or two and comes in to the national team discussion, but obviously plenty of other midfielders coming through around his age that he will have to compete with.

Will probably go on to have the best career out of the three lower league O'Connors (Tom/Lee/Paudie).

Don't forget Anthony. He got an assist for Morecambe in the same game. Meanwhile, contrasting fortunes for Darragh and Daire over in Scotland.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 13 hours 35 minutes ago at 12:25am
Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 hours 16 minutes ago at 12:44am
If I was ranking the O'Connors by potential at the moment the order would be:

Tom
Paudie
Lee
Darragh
Daire

Leaving out Anthony as he's 28 so unlikely to have much more development in him.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 34 minutes ago at 10:26am

Tom
Paudie
Lee
Darragh
Daire

Leaving out Anthony as he's 28 so unlikely to have much more development in him.
Christy ahead of Lee
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
John Nice View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 29 minutes ago at 10:31am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Tom
Paudie
Lee
Darragh
Daire

Christy ahead of Lee

Senior or Junior?
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 240241242
  Share Topic