You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 210211212
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 4 minutes ago at 1:36pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

HH on players born in Ireland who declare for other countries:
“They might not feel Irish”

HH on players born in England who play for Ireland: “They’re english”

I've said that in the past about countless players who were/are hedging their bets or were honest in their reasons for declaring for us.

If you can show me an example of me saying something like that about Gary Breen, Kevin Kilbane or Tony Grealish then I'll gladly eat humble pie, but it doesn't have much relevance otherwise.

I could easily point to all the apocryphal stories about lads like McGeady or Houghton declaring for Ireland, when the real reasons for declaring were less emotional and more pragmatic.

At the end of the day, there are literally dozens and dozens of players I can think of who could've chosen England or Ireland and chose England.

It's easy for someone like Simon Cox or Liam Lawrence [just throwing out random names] to say they would've always played for Ireland when they would never have got within an arse's roar of playing for England.
You know Spider, you're a f**kin' mumbling stuttering little prick. You know that?
Sponsored Links

AbuAbu View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 1 minutes ago at 1:39pm
presume this discussion should be on the players eligible thread!
It's not me it's you:-)
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 hours 25 minutes ago at 2:15pm
Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

presume this discussion should be on the players eligible thread!

All roads lead to Ciaran Clark!
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
eireland View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9 hours 59 minutes ago at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Odubeko has not refused an Ireland call-up, it was West Ham who didn't want him to go. Big difference. Until he actually refuses a call-up, or goes down the Declan Rice route of taking time out to think about his international career, it's daft to speculate.

Did he not remove all his Irish based tweets and pictures? 
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 27 minutes ago at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Odubeko has not refused an Ireland call-up, it was West Ham who didn't want him to go. Big difference. Until he actually refuses a call-up, or goes down the Declan Rice route of taking time out to think about his international career, it's daft to speculate.
The explanation for that withdrawal just happening to be the exact kind of thing you'd say when there was no logical reason but know that there are many people out there who are happy to swallow any amount of BS fed to them. 
CillDara View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 20 minutes ago at 6:20pm
Troy Parrott not in the Ipswich squad tonight, apparently played for their u23s today Confused
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 2 minutes ago at 6:38pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Troy Parrott not in the Ipswich squad tonight, apparently played for their u23s today Confused
He’ll do well at Leyton orient next year.
Left foot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 2 minutes ago at 6:38pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Not really surprised the games I've seen him play he has a good touch but doesn't try hard enough. 

Needs to go back to the u23s for a year.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 57 minutes ago at 8:43pm
19 year old Conor Grant scored his first goal for Rochdale tonight. It was a 2 yard tap in but the SSN announced made a point of saying he deserved it because he had been excellent all night, which is good to hear for our Under 21s.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 210211212
  Share Topic