You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 329>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Not the best of moves. 

What makes Bazunu stand out from the rest of young goalkeepers is the fact that he’s playing first team football. 

He’ll do well to shine ahead of the other 8-10 underage keepers throughout city’s teams. 

Granted he was never likely to gain first team football at an English / Scottish club, but a move to the SPL might have meant regular first team football within the next 2-3 years. 

Also expect Nigeria to start upping the pressure on him to represent them now. Although he’s always indicated that he wants to play for Ireland. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but was he not dropped for Manus as soon as he became eligible?

Sponsored Links

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 4:12pm
I think he’s injured at the moment. I’m pretty sure Manus was registered for both Europa League games.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 4:25pm
Can someone remind me how many 1st team games this kid has played?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Can someone remind me how many 1st team games this kid has played?
4 or 5.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 4:59pm
Played 6 games, kept 4 clean sheets and saved a late penalty against Cork away to win a point for Rovers. Rovers brought in Alan Mannus from St. Johnstone who has caps for the North and he didn't displace Bazunu until he picked up a knock after the away game to AIK in the Europa League. Mannus is starting at present which is fair as he is a much more experienced keeper.

He is an amazing talent, a giant of a 16 year old who is very athletic and confident and scarily comfortable with his feet. He is never afraid of taking the ball under pressure and playing it out from the back. A definite future international I would say but not sure City is the best move for him.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 5:31pm
Surely they'd be best holding onto him for another 2 years. He'd get to finish his leaving cert, and Rovers would have an 18 year old keeper with 2.5 years of first team experience under his belt. They'd easily get 2-3 times what is being offered now for him, maybe more.
We're decent enough..
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Surely they'd be best holding onto him for another 2 years. He'd get to finish his leaving cert, and Rovers would have an 18 year old keeper with 2.5 years of first team experience under his belt. They'd easily get 2-3 times what is being offered now for him, maybe more.

And you'd also think that even if he left on a free in 2.5 years the compensation they'd receive would probably match the fee and even with compensation I think there's room to still add ons even though he was a free agent.

Then theres the possibly bidding war if the lad is a first team regular at 18 with league and European experience.

Edited by J89 - 09 Aug 2018 at 5:46pm
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 8:02pm
all true, but I suppose it’s hard to stand in the way of a young lad being offered a move like that. I’m sure that a private education and possibly a signing on fee will be big incentives.

Bradley spoke a lot about his intelligence and maturity, so I hope that puts him in a good spot in the English system. He already has a more realworld experience than his peers
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 8:10pm
5/6 senior appearances would soon be forgotten if he spends the next 6/7 years playing youth/reserve football. He's only 16, he doesn't need to rush his big move.
We're decent enough..
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 6:56pm
Glenn McAuley and Corey Whelan start for Liverpool under-23s tonight. 

Conor Masterson is on the bench. 

Grabara starts in goals and Kelleher is not in the squad, I’d say there’s a chance Kelleher will be third choice for Liverpool’s opener. 

Great chance for McAuley.

EDIT: I didn’t realize that Whelan is only twenty and is the captain. 

Kelleher trained with the first team and looks set to be third choice keeper for now.

Edited by Maccatacca - 10 Aug 2018 at 7:00pm
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 10:50pm
Whilst we have a real dearth up front in the senior team, we have some serious prospects in that position coming through:

Hale, McAuley, Parrott and Idah all right at the top of the game ... at their age groups.  Fingers crossed one will come through on outstanding early promise. 

McAuley may be the first to make the break-through.  Despite being a Dub, am surprised Gerrard didn't try get him on loan to Sevco. 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 3:13am

Grabara starts in goals and Kelleher is not in the squad, I’d say there’s a chance Kelleher will be third choice for Liverpool’s opener. 

Kelleher trained with the first team and looks set to be third choice keeper for now.

Its all very good being third choice keeper, but he still needs to be playing ball. I thought the U23 spot was his for the season.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 7:20am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Its all very good being third choice keeper, but he still needs to be playing ball. I thought the U23 spot was his for the season.

Matter of opinion I suppose, but wouldn’t being third choice mean that he’s ahead of Grabara in the pecking order, and more likely to play a league cup game for example? 

There would also be a better chance of him going out on loan I think. 

He’d possibly get a senior Ireland call up on the back of a cup game, he’d probably not get one playing for the under-23s. 

Meanwhile, O’Hara has returned to the United 23s, and played last night.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 11:45am
Jake Mulraney starts for Hearts against Celtic.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 12:11pm
15 year old Sinclair Armstrong made his senior debut for Shamrock Rovers last night, a fine young player with a name to match .
skylarking View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylarking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

15 year old Sinclair Armstrong made his senior debut for Shamrock Rovers last night, a fine young player with a name to match .

Fair play to him!!!! He looks like a massive 15 year old on the SRFC site - anyone got an idea how tall he is? 
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 1:23pm
shams are really churning out the youngsters these days. Good to see from a LOI club developing their own.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 3:18pm
Ronan Curtis scores for Portsmouth.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 329>
  Share Topic