Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 329>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 9:38pm
Corey Whelan has scored for Yeovil tonight.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by dubstep dubstep wrote:

16 yo Ryan Cassidy scored a hatrick (in 9 mins) on his first start for Watford u23s. They were 4-0 down to Bristol City and the match finished 5-5 .Ex Derry City player Rory Holden bagged 2 for Bristol aswel.

Remarkable.

Has anybody seen him play?
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 4:30pm
Cassidy is the top scorer in the U18 league as well, hence his elevation to U23 level. Exciting prospect.
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 10:15pm
Seems to be a lot of hot prospects. Interesting to see his many step up to senior football.
It's not me it's you:-)
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 2:38pm
18 year old Adam O'Reilly travels with Preston North Ends first team squad to Brentford this weekend. Adams previous club is Ringmahon Rangers same as Alan Browne and his father is Kieran O'Reilly ex Cobh Ramblers player.

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 09 Feb 2018 at 2:51pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 7:32pm

Rangers young lad Mathew Shiels is named in both the Irish and Scottish u19 squads. Looks like he is staying with us for now.
El Puto Amo
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

18 year old Adam O'Reilly travels with Preston North Ends first team squad to Brentford this weekend. Adams previous club is Ringmahon Rangers same as Alan Browne and his father is Kieran O'Reilly ex Cobh Ramblers player.

He is actually 16. Good spot though.
The only way is up
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Rangers young lad Mathew Shiels is named in both the Irish and Scottish u19 squads. Looks like he is staying with us for now.

His reaction on twitter is interesting. I guess he's got a choice to make.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

His reaction on twitter is interesting. I guess he's got a choice to make.

You’d have to imagine that he’ll opt for Scotland in this instance.

Even if he was to play for the Irish senior team in the future, playing for Scotland would cause him far less hassle while developing at Rangers.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 10:29pm
I wonder will the fact Scotland have named him as a defender, and Ireland as a striker (presumably his preferred position) play a part? In any case, he seemed happy enough with the Scotland call up, so I'd say the prognosis isn't great for us on this one.
We're decent enough..
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 5:08am
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

I wonder will the fact Scotland have named him as a defender, and Ireland as a striker (presumably his preferred position) play a part? In any case, he seemed happy enough with the Scotland call up, so I'd say the prognosis isn't great for us on this one.

I don't know how good or bad Shiels is but he is playing for the Irish U19's today against Romania. 
The only way is up
Fozzy B View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozzy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 4:59pm
the under 19's beat Romania in the first of two friendlies this week. Dara O'Shea with the goal. The u17's play Turkey in Galway tonight. Expect another Adam Idah hatrick.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

I don't know how good or bad Shiels is but he is playing for the Irish U19's today against Romania. 

So what does it mean for Scotland? Wacko
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Fozzy B View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozzy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 9:03pm
the u17's drew 1-1 with turkey. Troy Parrott got the equaliser with a cracking free kick
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by Fozzy B Fozzy B wrote:

the u17's drew 1-1 with turkey. Troy Parrott got the equaliser with a cracking free kick

He looks like a very prospect. Heard he was putting up some mad numbers for Belvo
Danger here, OH NO
Fozzy B View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozzy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 12:59pm
the under 19's beat Romania 2-1 this morning. Aaron Dobbs scored both goals.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 4:44pm
O’Brien’s side held by Turkey in scoreless draw (FAI PRESS RELEASE) 

Republic of Ireland 0-0 Turkey U17

The Republic of Ireland Under-17s played out their second draw in three days with Turkey in Galway.

With the game being the final one before next month’s Elite Round qualifiers in Poland, Head Coach Colin O’Brien took the chance to rotate his squad and made six changes from last Tuesday’s game. 

In very tough conditions, Ireland had the better of the chances on the day, with Troy Parrott going closest to breaking the deadlock only to be denied by the Turkish crossbar.

It looked like Ireland had snatched the win in second half injury time, but Tyriek Wright’s close range effort was ruled out for offside.

Speaking after the game, O’Brien was pleased with the performance of his side over the two games. “We got exactly what we wanted from it. Turkey will always give you a battle and they were two very testing games. It gave us an opportunity to look at some new players that came into the squad.

“Every player got some minutes on the pitch, that was part of our objective this week. I thought we did well today, had the better opportunities but just didn’t convert. On the flip side we didn’t concede, that is very important, and we are in a good place ahead of the games next month.”

Republic of Ireland U17: Sean Bohan (Jimmy Corcoran 41), Oisin McEntee, Jason Knight, Callum Thompson (Adam Idah 41), Barry Coffey, Troy Parrott, Seamus Keogh, Luca Connell, Cian Kelly, Tyriek Wright, Conor Grant (Marc Walsh 60).

Turkey U17: Arda Akbulut (GK), Ridvan Yilmaz, Isik Kaan Arslan, Serkan Bakan (Suleyman Lus 55), Ali Yavuz Kol, Oguzhan Akgun, Ismail Cem Kara Muhemmet Arslantas 68), Atamer Bilgin, Bariscan Isik Altunbas, Erdogan Kaya, Mustafa Kaya (Firat Gullu 41).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 329>
  Share Topic