You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 329>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sligoybig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 8:19pm
https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2017/oct/03/next-generation-2017-20-of-the-best-talents-at-premier-league-clubs

2 Irish lads this year. 
Sponsored Links

Fozzy B View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozzy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 6:31pm
the u17's beat Bulgaria 3-0 to make it 6 points from 2 games in their qualifying group. play Ukraine on monday to decide the group winner. adam idah with 2 of the goals. this kid seems like a real prospect. just hope Norwich dont screw  it up
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 7:08pm
High hopes for Troy Parrott aswel. He's u16 but playing above.
So much pun material with that one
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Fozzy B Fozzy B wrote:

the u17's beat Bulgaria 3-0 to make it 6 points from 2 games in their qualifying group. play Ukraine on monday to decide the group winner. adam idah with 2 of the goals. this kid seems like a real prospect. just hope Norwich dont screw  it up

What a week for Irish sides at all levels. Idah's record at international level is fantastic. 16 goals in 17 games for the u17s
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

The whole Irish squad is being discussed in puns, nobody has a clue how the lads are doing

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 8:44pm
The whole Irish squad is being discussed in puns, nobody has a clue how the lads are doing
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">The whole Irish squad is being discussed in puns, nobody has a clue how the lads are doing</span>
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

You can say that again
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 9:57pm
Can't find a separate thread for him - and while he's no longer in our underage squads, this is the thread that I've last seen Samir Carruthers mentioned.

He scored for Sheffield United tonight - I didn't actually know he was playing for them.

He hasn't started too many games, but maybe tonight's goal will put himself in the managers plans. 

Carruthers has defo gone off the boil a little in recent years - but he's playing for a team who could find themselves promoted, and at 24 he still has age on his side. 

He's also a number ten, and considering our lack of options there, he should be given a chance in some of next years friendlies - provided he can get himself some more game time.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 10:04pm
He's only getting a game because Coutts is now out for the season, Carruthers all effort no end product, think best way to describe his United career so far.

He won't be playing the #10 role anyway short of a major injury crisis.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

He's only getting a game because Coutts is now out for the season, Carruthers all effort no end product, think best way to describe his United career so far.

He won't be playing the #10 role anyway short of a major injury crisis.

Should he see more game time now that Coutts is out? Last time I saw Carruthers he was playing in league 1 with MK Dons - and that looked to be his level, so I'm surprised to see him with a Sheffield United team who are doing so well, tonight's result aside.

Would you hold much hope for him developing into a decent player?
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 10:08pm
Unless they change shape and formation to accommodate him which I can't see them doing he'll either have to adapt to a cm box to box role or see someone else come in and him being a sub most games as Duffy and Brooks will share the play maker role most games.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 12:58am
He's performed well for Sheffield United on the 5/6 occasions I've seen him. Seemed to be starting towards the end of last season/the start of this season before falling out of favour. He's a talented player, definitely one to keep an eye on.
We're decent enough..
greenmachine68 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenmachine68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 8:23am
With his piss in the pint antics at Cheltenham he may have been better suited to a role at the Dubliner rather than the no 10 in Copenhagen.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 9:50pm
If Ronan Curtis finally gets his move to Ostersunds in the transfer window, he could be playing in the group stages of the Europa League. They qualified last night.

Interesting team. They’ve had phenomenal growth over the last few years.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 9:37pm
Jake Doyle-Hayes made full his first team debut for Villa in their win over Wigan. Report here.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mitch-clark-jake-doyle-hayes-13515531

Looks like a nice prospect

You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 12:07am
Originally posted by John Wick John Wick wrote:

Anyone know how Cullen is doing...is he injured or what?
Hasn't really had a look in with the first team since being dropped in September I don't think he's made it off the bench since so probably heading back to West Ham I'd imagine.
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 8:26pm
16 yo Ryan Cassidy scored a hatrick (in 9 mins) on his first start for Watford u23s. They were 4-0 down to Bristol City and the match finished 5-5 .Ex Derry City player Rory Holden bagged 2 for Bristol aswel.

Edited by dubstep - 06 Feb 2018 at 8:27pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 329>
  Share Topic