You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 316317318319320 329>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2023 at 8:47am
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Originally posted by shoggy shoggy wrote:

My nephew has just been called into the Swedish U16 National Team, he's in the GIF Sundsvall academy, Mikeal Lustig's former team. His dad has contacted the FAI U15 and U16 coaches via youth contacts he had at Celtic for the last few years and heard a word back. Irish born and moved to Sweden in 2011 but was made to represent Ireland but that's the issue with FAI let someone else develop them

Heard a word back or didn't hear a word back  ?  

And was made to represent Ireland how if your whole problem is he isn't representing Ireland  ?   Or did you mean mad to represent Ireland  ?

A few writing classes maybe shoggy would be my advice for you anyway, whatever about your Swedish nephew lad. 
Clown
Sponsored Links

50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2023 at 8:57am

good lad thanks for the tips 👍

Not the best way to express himself, but his questions are valid. Your post looked very interesting and relevant but difficult to understand what points you are making at the end. 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2023 at 9:39am
I'd worry about you  if you couldn't understand that post because of two typos.

Anyway, hopefully better coaching & development Sweden and we can reap the benefits Wink

Edited by Badgersboys9 - 21 Oct 2023 at 9:39am
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2023 at 10:45am
I don’t really see the issue with this if your nephew is 15 or under. Surely he’s better off where he is up until he’s ready for the under 18s. A lot of travel for the sake of a school boy game and I’m sure the facilities are probably better where he is. 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2023 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

I'd worry about you  if you couldn't understand that post because of two typos.

Anyway, hopefully better coaching & development Sweden and we can reap the benefits Wink

That's what some people on the Stephen Kenny thread think our way of developing players should be!
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2023 at 11:49am

My nephew has just been called into the Swedish U16 National Team, he's in the GIF Sundsvall academy, Mikeal Lustig's former team. His dad has contacted the FAI U15 and U16 coaches via youth contacts he had at Celtic for the last few years and never heard a word back. Irish born and moved to Sweden in 2011 but was mad to represent Ireland but that's the issue with FAI let someone else develop them
Is Paul Osam the 16s manager? A pal of mine is very close to him and could make direct contact to him no bother
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2023 at 12:07pm
FAI have brought lads in from Canada and the US to train at U15/U16 level. So maybe his fathers contacts didn't get in contact with the right people or didn't get in contact at all.
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2023 at 1:50pm
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2023 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

FAI have brought lads in from Canada and the US to train at U15/U16 level. So maybe his fathers contacts didn't get in contact with the right people or didn't get in contact at all.

Yeah a fair chance thats whats happened.  I've had contact with an international manager on the girls side  and was v responsive to a direct email.   Even to get him on the FAI radar get his dad to get in touch directly with an FAI representative.  emails are generally firstname.surname@fai.ie   If he's getting to representative squads with Sweden they will want to have a look at him. 
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2023 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/sport/1328030/limerick-connections-inspired-republic-of-ireland-u17-soccer-player-to-wear-the-irish-jersey.html

Niall McAndrew - missed out on the 17s Euros last year due to the injury mentioned afaik.

He represented England at under 15s so I hope he didn't promise the gran it was only Ireland he'd represent! 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2023 at 8:04pm
While we need to take the level of football into account Romeo Akachukwu's hat trick off the bench for Waterford today at 17 is still worth a mention I think. Will be interesting to follow the likes of him, Razi, Orazi and Melia over the next few years.

Obviously we've been down this road before and you could easily end up with one of those four playing Premier League for 10 years while another ends up at Bluebell United. But it'll be interesting to follow their progress either way.

One internet football scout seems convinced anyway:

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2023 at 12:00am
Razi linked with Real and Atletico now also.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2023 at 8:57pm
Zefi back from his shoulder injury his sustained back in May, came off the bench there for Inter u18s and scored 2 goals to win the game.

So should be good for the u19s qualifiers next month.
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 10:50am
Who's the young lad being linked with both Madrid clubs? Havent seen much of him
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 10:57am
Naj Razi from this year's under 17s. A player who has the misfortune of having his name occasionally misspelled.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Naj Razi from this year's under 17s. A player who has the misfortune of having his name occasionally misspelled.

Took me a few seconds to figure that out. He will have no chance with that name on here LOL
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 1:28pm
17 yr old Trent Kone-Doherty has signed his first professional contract with Liverpool. Well done, young Kone-Doherty.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 6:34pm
U19 striker Patrick Casey scored a hatrick in a 4-1 win for Charlton v Bury in an FA Youth Cup match yesterday.

Edited by JoxerDaly - 01 Nov 2023 at 6:35pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 316317318319320 329>
  Share Topic