You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 245246247248249 329>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 1:05pm
Parrott went on loan at too high a level in hindsight - if he had gone straight to League 1 things would probably have been different for him rather than the Championship loan which messed up his season. I'd say Ferguson is also a bit more physically developed than Parrott was at the same age. I think he'd be ready for a League 1 loan next season if the chance came along. Hibs have a link up with Brighton also, so that might be an option, would be a similar level.
[/QUOTE]

A bit more physically developed ....... the boy is a beast! 
It's not me it's you:-)
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 6:44pm
Evan Ferguson not in the U23s squad tonight, unless he's picked up a knock he could be with the seniors who play Leeds at home tomorrow.
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 7:06pm
Anyone know anything about this lad. Seems he played underage for Ireland.

Taylor Gardner-Hickman, now playing first team with West Brom

Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by pateen pateen wrote:

Yes, has had a few mentions recently, is seemingly eligible and wants to play for us. Unfortunately his application for Irish citizenship through grandparents is stuck in an 18 month backlog at the passport office so we probably won't be seeing him in green any time soon.
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Yes, has had a few mentions recently, is seemingly eligible and wants to play for us. Unfortunately his application for Irish citizenship through grandparents is stuck in an 18 month backlog at the passport office so we probably won't be seeing him in green any time soon.
Surely the likes of them things should be fast tracked? Minister of sport or someone of that standing should intervine for elite sports people
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 8:22pm
You would hope, but the section that deals with people applying for Irish citizenship through grandparents was closed completely from March 2020 until a few weeks ago, so there's a massive backlog on top of what was already a 12 to 18 month process. Not sure someone like Gardner Hickman would be high profile enough to get fast tracked but who knows.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Evan Ferguson not in the U23s squad tonight, unless he's picked up a knock he could be with the seniors who play Leeds at home tomorrow.

Probably just looking at him being an unused substitute at best here, but if he did come on he would become our second youngest ever EPL player, after Stephen Carr.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

Surely the likes of them things should be fast tracked? Minister of sport or someone of that standing should intervine for elite sports people

It's Taylor Gardner-Hickman. Nobody knew who he was until two weeks ago.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 12:16am

Probably just looking at him being an unused substitute at best here, but if he did come on he would become our second youngest ever EPL player, after Stephen Carr.

Id presume he missed tonight's game with a knock would be a big statement putting him on the bench at just turned 17. Regardless he is a real prospect and Brighton aren't exactly teeming with goalscoring forwards are they. I wouldnt bet against him making his PL debut before the season is out. 

Moran scored tonight too had a decent game there. Furlong also some nice prospects we have a Brighton. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 1:24am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Id presume he missed tonight's game with a knock would be a big statement putting him on the bench at just turned 17. Regardless he is a real prospect and Brighton aren't exactly teeming with goalscoring forwards are they. I wouldnt bet against him making his PL debut before the season is out. 

Moran scored tonight too had a decent game there. Furlong also some nice prospects we have a Brighton. 
Based on his u21 ireland performances, i''d take that bet. Give the lad time, Parrott was hyped up way too soon, same happening here imo. I know we all desperately want a proper striker to emerge, but this lad has only turned 17 and he has a lot to work on!
Idah Dream!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 1:31am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Based on his u21 ireland performances, i''d take that bet. Give the lad time, Parrott was hyped up way too soon, same happening here imo. I know we all desperately want a proper striker to emerge, but this lad has only turned 17 and he has a lot to work on!

I wouldn't judge any striker playing that lone role in the 21s too harshly more of a system issue where any striker we played looked isolated to an inch. Kayode with Rotherham a lot older and plenty experience of men's football was the same. Parrott got a few token minutes at 17/18 as well coming off the bench late. That's what I meant. 

Ahh yeah he's a prospect but who knows how he goes. Hopefully he keeps banging them in at 23s level this year.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 1:41am

Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

I wouldn't judge any striker playing that lone role in the 21s too harshly more of a system issue where any striker we played looked isolated to an inch. Kayode with Rotherham a lot older and plenty experience of men's football was the same. Parrott got a few token minutes at 17/18 as well coming off the bench late. That's what I meant. 

Ahh yeah he's a prospect but who knows how he goes. Hopefully he keeps banging them in at 23s level this year.
All i'm saying is I don't think those token minutes really helped Troy, they just built up the hype and then the pressure took hold. Softly, softly, catch a monkey. Evan is a big strong kid who knows where the net is, he needs to develop his technique and awareness nd the sky is the limit, but he needs to be patient and not get ahead of himself, as do we!
Idah Dream!
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

What's your point? This should be good. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

What's your point? This should be good. 

That the citizenship of someone who played his first senior professional game literally weeks ago, and still may harbour hopes of playing for England in the long-term, doesn't require government intervention.

I know you think all our national resources should go towards convincing Mipo Odubeko to play for us instead of COVID, housing, homelessness and things like that, O'Shea, but FFS.
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 10:25am
The U16 team played 3 games in the last week, beating Norway 3-0 but then losing 1-0 to Spain and 2-1 to Norway yday. Seemed to be about 9 of the side who started against Norway the first day out playing again yday so disappointed to see such a turnaround in the scores.
Has anyone decent insight into this group of players? Who are the stand out performers?

team from 1st match v Norway
Republic of Ireland: Healy (GK); Mackey (C) (O’Halloran 65), O’Sullivan, Hayden, Queally; Turley (Patton 70), Negry-McGrath (Dodd 55), Kehir; Naj Razi, Cillian Mulvihil (Mooney 55), Okosun (Cannon 70)

Turley, Mooney and Kehir with the goals.
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 10:31am

A source close to the player told Kenny’s Kids that Gardner-Hickman wants to play for Ireland but is “having a nightmare” acquiring a passport. The defender has of course been on the FAI’s radar for a while now but his starring performance against Huddersfield Town last week means the association will be doubly determined not to let him slip through the net.

The teenager won nine defensive duals, took three shots, created one big chance and completed 77% of his passes against the Terriers. While in his start against Hull on the 4th of November, he was equally as impressive: “The teenager performed as well as he could possibly have hoped for with a display of confidence and poise”, wrote The Athletic’s Steve Madeley.

Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 11:30am
Highlights clip of Kevin Zefi at Inter.
https://elseñordelbalón.com/2021/10/22/video-estrella-en-ascenso-kevin-zefi-del-inter/

Looks a class player!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 11:33am
LOL at the lad who took over Kenny's Kids having "sources" when he's not even a journalist and he's only been running that Twitter page for a few months.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 245246247248249 329>
  Share Topic