You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 244245246247248 329>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 12:06pm
Good to see Harry Vaughan in there and didn't know he was technically U18s. Wonder if he's eligible for competitive matches and that's why he's with the U18s instead.
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 12:36pm
Could be a paperwork issue with Vaughan alright - there are apparently huge delays (literally years of delays) processing Foreign Birth Register applications at the passport office at the moment.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 12:44pm
Midfield looks really strong. Coleman, Ferizaj, Vata and Ireland all stand out players with massive potential.
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 1:46pm
Stephen McMullan (Warrenpoint) was the Armagh Minor keeper this year.  
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
gally View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 2:53pm
deleted post, please see post below regarding Paul Nebel

Edited by gally - 11 Nov 2021 at 2:57pm
gally View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 2:56pm
wrong link it seems, will paste below, correct piece...

Did you know that Paul has Irish roots?

"My grandmother is Irish and my mother is half-Irish. The country is like a second home to me and my parents are on holiday there right now. I don't have an Irish passport yet, but I'm thinking about applying for it because I have it inside me and I feel that I have roots there, which I'm proud of," the homegrown reveals.

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by gally gally wrote:

https://www.mainz05.de/en/news/the-first-humba/

Read last paragraph, very interesting.

What's it say?
Link brings us to the main page, not to any specific article...
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by gally gally wrote:

wrong link it seems, will paste below, correct piece...

"My grandmother is Irish and my mother is half-Irish. The country is like a second home to me and my parents are on holiday there right now. I don't have an Irish passport yet, but I'm thinking about applying for it because I have it inside me and I feel that I have roots there, which I'm proud of," the homegrown reveals.

Paul who?
gally View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 3:00pm
THE FIRST HUMBA

Für Paul Nebel ist am Wochenende ein Traum in Erfüllung gegangen, möglich gemacht durch einen "Top-Verein" mit "Top-Fans" - Der Auftritt gegen Leipzig zeige, "was für eine enorme Kraft entwickeln, wenn wir gerade in schwierigen Momenten zusammen stehen"

Celebrating in front of the crowd: "I remember standing there as a ball boy and watching the team celebrate with the fans".

Just a few years ago, it was only a dream. As a ball boy and youth player (at the club since 2015), Paul Nebel regularly attended the games of his Zerofivers in the arena and hoped to make the leap himself one day and celebrate successes as a 05 player together with the fans. "It's already a dream come true," says the 18-year-old now, after his furious Bundesliga starting eleven debut at the weekend against Leipzig (1-0), but adds that it was just a start for him, "nothing more".

In his 05th appearance in the top flight, Nebel finally got it right in this memorable clash against the runners-up to kick off the 2021/22 season. His Bundesliga debut as a sub, also against Leipzig (1-3) on the first matchday of the previous season, was followed by three other short appearances in which the midfielder and his team-mates came away empty-handed. It came as no surprise to the DFB junior international that he was able to witness (and celebrate) the first three points on the pitch after this turbulent week, with a completely new squad, but in front of more than 10,000 supporters at the MEWA ARENA. "WE ARE MAINZ", he captioned a post on his Instagram channel after the game and provided his personal interpretation of the words he chose in an interview with mainz05.de:

That's the only way to cope with a difficult situation, and that was very special.

"I already said after the game: I think that in this family club and in this good team, it is perhaps somewhat easier to deal with such a situation than elsewhere. You saw on Sunday what a top club Mainz 05 is, what top fans we have. That's the only way to cope with a difficult situation, that was very special. The atmosphere in the stadium, the game, the cohesion - all that distinguishes Mainz 05 from my point of view and shows what enormous strength we develop when we stick together especially in these difficult moments."

Hanging heads? No chance

Due to Corona, Mainz had only two days of team training before the match. The team had gone into the clash with the Saxons as the underdogs and in the end had sent the favourites home empty-handed, a little fortunate but not undeserved, after a sacrificially hard fight. The recipe sounds simple: "We couldn't train much, but the atmosphere was good. You never had the feeling that anyone was hanging their head. We accepted the situation and tried to influence what we could influence: Namely, to put the performance on the pitch." As we all know, it succeeded in impressive style, in which Nebel, who was completely exhausted when he came off as a substitute in the 89th minute, had also played his part, repeatedly occupying Leipzig's attack and throwing himself into every duel in the centre of midfield.

Now I was allowed to be in the thick of it. It's just nice to see that hard work pays off at some point.

The fact that he was able to experience his first humba in front of the home crowd a few minutes later was the well-deserved reward for an impressively mastered task against an international-class opponent: "I remember standing there as a ball boy and watching the team celebrate with the fans. Now I was allowed to be right in the middle of it. It's just nice to see that hard work pays off at some point," Nebel says proudly.

The role model is a world footballer - chasing more "dream moments"

Despite the confirmation in the form of a strong performance and subsequent praise from coach Bo Svensson, however, the young professional admits that he will not rest on his laurels and must continue to work on himself. In his attitude to sport, Nebel takes his cue from his idol Cristiano Ronaldo: "He is always ready to do everything for success with hard work. These are things that spur me on. He's still striving for the highest goals in his mid-30s, and that's what I'm aiming for in my career as well. You can never be satisfied and sit back, not even now after such a dream moment. Because I hope it was just one of many more dream moments."

The fact that Nebel was able to share the moments of this memorable Sunday not only with the fans but also with a number of long-time companions from the academy at Bruchweg rounded off the first Bundesliga victory for the native of Bad Nauheim. After all, seven of Mainz's own youngsters were in the starting eleven against Leipzig and were no less convincing. "It's definitely something special when you've known each other all these years and are also close. It's a cool feeling to achieve something like this together with them and it makes you want more. But I also realise that although this was a good start, it was only the beginning."

Only the parents are missing

Of all people, Nebel's parents could not be present, as they had to watch the 18-year-old's debut on television due to their holidays. "Of course they were happy, but they would have much rather been there. My uncle and my cousin as well as one or two of their buddies were sitting in the stands. That meant a lot to me because I'm a very family-oriented person and they are very close to me."

...my goal this season is to get even closer to the team, to exert pressure and to push my colleagues.

To ensure that parents can still cheer on their son as often as possible from the stands of the MEWA ARENA in the future, Nebel will do everything he can, as he promises: "It is important for me to become even more consistent, that is of enormous importance in professional football. I want to be there for the team and make the right decisions on the ball even more often." From his point of view, the last year was important, also due to the appearances in the U23s, in order to "arrive even more in men's football. I feel very fit and my goal this season is to get even closer to the team, apply pressure and push my colleagues." The potential to become a cornerstone in the 05 game in the coming years was at least hinted at by Nebel last weekend. The next Humba, let it come.

ARTIKEL TEILEN AUF
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 3:04pm
Maybe he's born with it. Maybe it's Nebelline.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 3:38pm
Interesting listed as a winger too on Transfermarkt. Again more attacking players on board the better for us. Has played for German underage sides all the way up. Considering the quality of winger playing for Germany it will be a fair ask getting into that squad. 
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 9:39pm
Super goal tonight form Evan Ferguson for the Brighton U23's away to Everton.
Scores the goal on 1hr 59 of the video link, 78 mins into the match.
Brighton lost 2-1 in the end.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 9:55pm
His 10th PL2 goal and 1 in EFL trophy. Not bad for someone just turned 17. 

Edited by JoxerDaly - 22 Nov 2021 at 9:55pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 10:25pm
He's obviously physically developed for his age but that's still impressive. Almost feels like it would be a waste of time him playing another year of PL2 next season, he'd probably be better off going out on loan to League 1 level or thereabouts - if that's actually allowed at 17.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 10:15pm
Debut for Hull's Jevon Mills off the bench tonight.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

He's obviously physically developed for his age but that's still impressive. Almost feels like it would be a waste of time him playing another year of PL2 next season, he'd probably be better off going out on loan to League 1 level or thereabouts - if that's actually allowed at 17.

Didn't work for parrott, another year improving his technical ability, then a loan!
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Didn't work for parrott, another year improving his technical ability, then a loan!

Nothing wrong with being fastracked, sometimes it pays off straight away and sometimes it takes time.

Bazunu, omobamidele, oshea and Knight examples of hitting the ground running.

Parrott, idah, Coventry and molumby needing to play games 
Each to their own, imo he's a big strong lad, playing mens football won't be an issue. He will develop his technical ability better at brighton's academy playing u23 football for now. He's just turned 17, let him develop!
Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Parrott went on loan at too high a level in hindsight - if he had gone straight to League 1 things would probably have been different for him rather than the Championship loan which messed up his season. I'd say Ferguson is also a bit more physically developed than Parrott was at the same age. I think he'd be ready for a League 1 loan next season if the chance came along. Hibs have a link up with Brighton also, so that might be an option, would be a similar level.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 244245246247248 329>
  Share Topic