You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 232233234235236 329>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 12:29pm
I tend to agree unfortunately. Hopefully he’s the one that makes it out of the reserve team 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Sponsored Links

greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 2:06pm
is there a track record of players making it from the B team onto the first team though? Do we know if Bosun even gets to train with the first team now and again?
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 2:08pm
Will be fascinating to see does Evan Ferguson make the bench for Brighton this weekend especially in Welbeck/Connolly's absences? Maybe a pipedream as he's still 16 easy to get carried away but it will be something to monitor
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Will be fascinating to see does Evan Ferguson make the bench for Brighton this weekend especially in Welbeck/Connolly's absences? Maybe a pipedream as he's still 16 easy to get carried away but it will be something to monitor

Would it be really getting carried away,? He's playing u23s and doing well.

Scarlett at Tottenham was no older than ferguson. 

Brighton might rate him that highly.
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 2:43pm
Ah I think expecting Brighton to name a 16 year old on the bench for a Premier League game is definitely getting carried away....

Even with a couple of players injured, surely they will name more experienced attacking midfielders or wingers...

Brighton's U23 team is in action Friday night. If Ferguson is part of that, he obviously wont be part of the Prem League squad the day after

Edited by greenshoots - 10 Sep 2021 at 3:23pm
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

If Connolly is not fit I wouldnt be surprised if he got in. Brighton have no strikers and Ferguson looks like he would be well able for it.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 3:12pm
Tis funny how lads seem to have given up on a 21yo who has shown tremendous promise already in Connolly and have moved on to the next great hope in young Ferguson.

Had Connolly scored the 2nd vs Portugal to seal a win/draw, which he may well have done but for the blatant shove in the back which should have resulted in a red card and a penalty, then he'd likely be receiving all the accolades. 

Even in the 2 half games he played (and I admit he didnt cover himself in glory in either), he created more panic in the opposition defence than any other Irish player on the pitch. Sure he snatched at a couple of half chances and made a poor decision or 2 but the criticism has been way ott. He set up good chances for both Idah (cross) and Molumby in the Azeri game. He just looks like a lad short on confidence, lacking a bit of game time and trying too hard which is understandable. He's quick, tricky, annoys defenders and likes to attack the box (unlike any other Irish player). 
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 8:46pm
the talk at Celtic Re bosun lawal is that he will be with the first team very soon. Apparently a real stand out 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

the talk at Celtic Re bosun lawal is that he will be with the first team very soon. Apparently a real stand out 

Hopefully it works out better for him and Scales than it has done for Afolabi, Lee O'Connor, Lucy Connell and Barry Coffey

aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 9:26pm
Ferguson scored again tonight
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 9:26pm
Ferguson didn't start for Brighton's 23 side tonight. Came on on 76 and scored on 83. Puts the performance against Luxembourg in the rearview mirror for sure. 

To note, James Furlong scored too. 

Edited by Eoink21 - 10 Sep 2021 at 9:26pm
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 10:20pm
Thats 4 in 4 for Ferguson but whats more impressive is the fact he was subbed on in 3 of those games and scored.

1st game Vs Derby. On at HT. Scored in 70th min.
2nd game Vs West Ham. On at HT. Won/Scored a peno in the 71st min.
3rd game Vs Liverpool. Starts. Scored in 20th min. Off after 77 mins.
4th game Vs Blackburn. On at 76th min. Scores in 83rd min.

Averaging a goal every 45 mins so far.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 2:23pm
Bazunu vs parrott today. 2 of our best teenage prospects look for the bragging rights.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 5:17pm
2 goals and 3 assists for Kevin Zefi on his Inter U17s debut yesterday. Haha - maybe time to move him up?

You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 11:24pm
He said in an interview he would be mainly with their u19s.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 12:19am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

He said in an interview he would be mainly with their u19s.

Probably just giving him the chance to settle in with his own age group first.

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:28pm
20 year old and Irish eligible William Hondermarck comes on as a sub in the Championship for Barnsley.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

20 year old and Irish eligible William Hondermarck comes on as a sub in the Championship for Barnsley.

Seems to have endeared himself to the Barnsley supporters by getting in a scrap with half the Stoke backroom team on his debut.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 232233234235236 329>
  Share Topic