You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 215216217218219 329>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 6:25pm
Yes, he was struggling a bit in the Accrington team before the injuries hit unfortunately, didn't look ready to make the step up and seems to have fallen behind the likes of Kayode at under 21 international level.

Some players develop at a different rate to others of course, but given that he was seen as the best youth player at Watford at one point it was an underwhelming loan spell.
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 9:44pm
Jonathan Afolabi an unused substitute for Dundee again tonight. Hasn't made it beyond the bench for the last few games now. Doesn't seem to have impressed Dundee supporters at all this season, they would have no interest in seeing him return to the club next season.

Less than two years ago he was named up front in the team of the tournament at the Euro Under 19s alongside Ferran Torres and had his choice of five or six big clubs after the tournament.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 9:50pm
Scotland’s a graveyard for our youngsters 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 11:26am
Zak Gilsenan back in the Ireland setup apparently.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Zak Gilsenan back in the Ireland setup apparently.

Has some fine stats for Blackburn too for a midfielder. These underage squads are big 36 players for the 19s. Exciting to see the full list for the 19s and 21s. 

Out of all them confirmed so far Calum Kavanagh is the one I’m happiest to see. Not that his commitment is in doubt but he just looks a potential prospect for us. 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 12:13pm
Are the squads for the underage camps released yet or are we just picking up scraps of info for now?
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 12:24pm
Great news about Zak, scored a hatrick against Man Utd u18s few months ago from midfield.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 12:32pm
The "Irish Messi" has already been on the books of Liverpool and Barcelona.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 12:47pm
Is there gonna be a squad announcement for the u19s or is it just all from the clubs reporting themselves?
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Who in gods name christened him that. Poor kid whoever called him that should be shot with a ball of his own sh*t. I see he was with Barca alright. 

He’s an attacking midfielder too and his stats are impressive. That’s the main positive here the more attacking prospects we have in the pipeline the better a million wouldn’t be enough.

Edited by kevin100 - 18 May 2021 at 1:02pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

I think he's managing his career very well, young players very rarely come through the youth teams of Barcelona or Liverpool. And what I mean by that is for every thousands of young footballers on the books for these teams one will play first team and you need to be world class out of the gate.

He has a much better chance to develop and get first team appearances at Blackburn and establish himself as a first team player.

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 1:23pm
Yep but if we're being honest, is he just showing up to check the waters?
He's on the record stating Australia is his ambition and no reason to believe he wouldn't get into their squad ahead of ours.
They aren't England or anything close.

I suppose it's a positive he is willing to see what our setup is like but I'd not be holding out hope he'd play for us given a choice if he makes the International grade for Australia.

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Yep but if we're being honest, is he just showing up to check the waters?
He's on the record stating Australia is his ambition and no reason to believe he wouldn't get into their squad ahead of ours.
They aren't England or anything close.

I suppose it's a positive he is willing to see what our setup is like but I'd not be holding out hope he'd play for us given a choice if he makes the International grade for Australia.

Maybe, I wouldn’t say that’s a bad thing per se. he’s planning to build a career in Europe, so the impracticality of playing for Australia may be a deciding factor. He also has a strong Irish connection.

Great to see Gilsenan and Finn doing well. I remember the novelty of them coming turning at Barca and Real and always assumed they would be one of the many who drop out of the game. They must have a lot of drive 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 5:52pm
will ferry been on the bench for southampton nearly every game last few months, wonder if he will get his debut tonight or in the final game given they have nothing to play for
delgado View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 6:08pm
very surprised gilsenan was not with us already. Both his parents are from Dublin. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 6:22pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 12:06am
New contract for Newcastle's Oisin McEntee.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 8:51am
McEntee has exactly the same birthday as Mark McGuinness, the other central defender in the Switzerland match, but the Arsenal lad has had the benefit of a tough season playing men's football for Ipswich in League One, where he did well. A lot of the other under-21s should be pushing for loan moves like this for the sake of their careers.

Edited by Green Cockade - 02 Jun 2021 at 8:52am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 215216217218219 329>
  Share Topic