You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 182183184185186 329>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Bazunu
    Mcnamara O'shea Collins  O'Conner 

Molumby 
                 Knight Smallbone 

Idah Parrott Connolly  

Subs
Kelleher
Odubeko
Masterson
Taylor
Hodge
Connell 

The potential of that lineup and subs is mouth-watering.

Mouthwatering? FFS. 
Sponsored Links

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by avfc avfc wrote:

Bazunu

Molumby 
                 Knight Smallbone 

Idah Parrott Connolly  

Subs
Kelleher
Odubeko
Masterson
Taylor
Hodge
Connell 

Mouthwatering? FFS. 

Oh no? 

You can imagine that Mick McCarthy is the manager if it gets your engine going
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Bazunu

Molumby 
                 Knight Smallbone 

Idah Parrott Connolly  

Subs
Kelleher
Odubeko
Masterson
Taylor
Hodge
Connell 

Mouthwatering? FFS. 

Oh no? 

LOL
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 9:52pm
Plenty potential there. 

Caution needed as not all of them will kick on but every chance you will get certainly 3/4 of them playing with big big clubs regularly in the next 3-10 years. Kelleher already at Liverpool and looking effortless at that level. 

The important thing is if that 18 went on to establish themselves as top flight footballers/high level Championship footballers. An 18 of those sort would be better then 4/5 superstars and the rest ending up washed up in League 1 😂

That’s before you consider the U16 U17 etc coming up and the names left out of that list. 

Evan Ferguson and Kevin Zefi are two of the higher profile examples of frightening prospects on the way up. 

Edited by kevin100 - 17 Jan 2021 at 9:54pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 9:54pm

Bazunu

Molumby 
                 Knight Smallbone 

Idah Parrott Connolly  

Subs
Kelleher
Odubeko
Masterson
Taylor
Hodge
Connell 

Mouthwatering? FFS. 

Oh no? 

LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 10:01pm

Bazunu

Molumby 
                 Knight Smallbone 

Idah Parrott Connolly  

Subs
Kelleher
Odubeko
Masterson
Taylor
Hodge
Connell 

Scully an honourable mention. McGuinness at Ipswich impressive. Sean Roughan is only 17 and is playing plenty games for Lincoln. Kayode, Coventry Masterson Obafemi. 

Cant think of many more. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Bazunu

Molumby 
                 Knight Smallbone 

Idah Parrott Connolly  

Subs
Kelleher
Odubeko
Masterson
Taylor
Hodge
Connell 

Mouthwatering? FFS. 

Oh no? 

LOL

LOL
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Bazunu

Molumby 
                 Knight Smallbone 

Idah Parrott Connolly  

Subs
Kelleher
Odubeko
Masterson
Taylor
Hodge
Connell 

Mouthwatering? FFS. 

Oh no? 

LOL

I'm not convinced any of that front 3 will be regular goal scorers. And the middle 3 are average enough with Smallbone being the best of the 3.

Keeper looks a good prospect. 

Back 4 will never be any better than existing back 4.

It's very meh. 

The young prospects have been disappointing this far. No trees being pulled up. 

JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 11:54pm
O'Shea and Collins are among 2 of the best young centre halfs  in England, Knight likewise as a centre midfielder, Molumby at Millwall was similar enpugh to Knight just needs to get going at Preston but sure they are all meh .... 

Edited by JoxerDaly - 17 Jan 2021 at 11:55pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 12:38am
I’d agree in that the young attacking prospects bar Scully at Lincoln have been a bit disappointing. 

The centre backs really never being much better then the existing ones is an outrageous statement. 

Dara O’Shea already playing at as high a level as Duffy or Egan ever have for example and he only 21. How many other CBs playing for PL sides regularly 21 and under. Ampadu, Fofana, Garcia?? Who else they are very few and far between. 

Nathan Collins linked with big clubs already (Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal) and will be linked with them again soon no doubt. 

Kelleher has enormous potential and Bazunu likewise I’d be amazed if they don’t play to a very high level at least. 

Edited by kevin100 - 18 Jan 2021 at 12:39am
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 12:51am
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

O'Shea and Collins are among 2 of the best young centre halfs  in England, Knight likewise as a centre midfielder, Molumby at Millwall was similar enpugh to Knight just needs to get going at Preston but sure they are all meh .... 

Ahh as a group they are very promising we haven’t had anything like this for 10 years. It’s great. Is it 4 or 5 of the youngest 40 players to appear in the Championship this year are Irish I’m sure Idah Parrott Collins and Omobamidele for Norwich the weekend.

The young attackers haven’t really fired but they are young Connolly has done okay bit of luck and timing not there for him getting injured after scoring again recently for example.  

Parrott has been disappointing at Millwall but context he’s 18. It will stand to him. Idah I feel should have been sent out on loan last January or this year to play games regularly. Competing with proper quality in one position almost at Norwich the best set of strikers in the Championship Norwich have. 

Some will go backwards, get injured, get distracted all that nonsense but I’d be hopeful certainly 3/4 of them will play at the level Coleman or Doherty are at now at big clubs in England competing for CL places/trophies in the next 3-10

Kelleher already at Liverpool for example. Bazunu Kelleher and Collins 3 I’d really expect to go to the top out of them all. 

Edited by kevin100 - 18 Jan 2021 at 12:52am
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 2:10am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Ahh as a group they are very promising we haven’t had anything like this for 10 years. It’s great. Is it 4 or 5 of the youngest 40 players to appear in the Championship this year are Irish I’m sure Idah Parrott Collins and Omobamidele for Norwich the weekend.

The young attackers haven’t really fired but they are young Connolly has done okay bit of luck and timing not there for him getting injured after scoring again recently for example.  

Parrott has been disappointing at Millwall but context he’s 18. It will stand to him. Idah I feel should have been sent out on loan last January or this year to play games regularly. Competing with proper quality in one position almost at Norwich the best set of strikers in the Championship Norwich have. 

Some will go backwards, get injured, get distracted all that nonsense but I’d be hopeful certainly 3/4 of them will play at the level Coleman or Doherty are at now at big clubs in England competing for CL places/trophies in the next 3-10

Kelleher already at Liverpool for example. Bazunu Kelleher and Collins 3 I’d really expect to go to the top out of them all. 

We have always had a solid back 4.

A creative midfielder and a goalscorer have been glaring needs for many years. I don't see that real star quality in those areas coming through at senior level yet at any decent level. 

Who's in the market for those attacking players? 

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 9:14am

[/QUOTE]

I'm not convinced any of that front 3 will be regular goal scorers. And the middle 3 are average enough with Smallbone being the best of the 3.

Keeper looks a good prospect. 

Back 4 will never be any better than existing back 4.

It's very meh. 

The young prospects have been disappointing this far. No trees being pulled up. 

[/QUOTE

I see your point here though, we have vital games in about 10 odd weeks, we really need some of these players to really make an impact.

Duffy, Mcclean, Doherty and hendrick are the senior players in the team and their form is patchy at best of late. 

I think Knight and oshea are the two players making an impact in their respective leagues but would be really good if parrott, connolly and Molumby could hit some form.

If the games were this week we'd be in real trouble.

Egan, Robinson, Stevens and connolly are thr only nailed down starters for me at the moment.

[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 9:53am
I think things are looking hugely encouraging for the future down the spine of the team - goalkeeper, centre of defence, and midfield. Not as much potential or depth at full back and we'll have to wait and see on the forwards as it has been a struggle this season for them, but injuries have been a big factor there and we only really need one or two to come good and it will make a massive difference.

I mean some of the other comments - back four won't be better than our current back four - have you seen much of Collins and O'Shea in action, both solid defenders that are exceptionally comfortable on the ball, it's 20 years since we produced anything like that at centre back at their age.

The comment that Smallbone is the best of the midfielders - I think he's probably the weakest of them as things stand, although he clearly has potential. Jason Knights rate of progression in the last two years has been phenomenal.

If you don't think the likes of Collins, O'Shea and Knight have been pulling up trees this season relative to their ages I think you have some unrealistic expectations in terms of what players should be achieving at their age.

Very little of this has much bearing on our World Cup hopes this  coming year mind you, we're looking at another two years probably before we really start to see the best of these lads at senior international level, but then unrealistic expectations are at play again there I think.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 10:02am

Mark McGuinness named in the L1 team of the week. 
El Puto Amo
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 10:06am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Mark McGuinness named in the L1 team of the week. 
He looks a prospect 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 10:10am
It is a great group of young players we have coming through but still a long way to go.

GKs: In Bazunu, Kelleher and Travers it's arguably the position we look best set for in the future. Bazunu playing regularly with Rochdale in League 1 at such a young age for a keeper is huge for him, no doubt he will go on to have a great career. Travers also has joined Swindon in League 1 on loan and looks like he will be first choice there for the rest of the season. Kelleher has done really well when playing for Liverpool, hard to know what way it will go for him as he will probably never displace Alisson but all three lads here are in a good position.

DFs: We look like we will continue to have plenty of options at centre half in the future. O'Shea has been one of the real positives of 2020 from an Irish point of view, playing premier league football and has shown to be very versatile playing all across the backline. He is already very close to being a first choice player for us. Collins doing well at Stoke could have a big future. Good to see McGuinness playing well for Ipswich in League 1, he will probably nail down his place with the 21s this year. Masterson not featuring as much as you would like for QPR, other lads moving ahead of him in the pecking order currently.

Not quite as well stocked at full back, McNamara has obviously done well out on loan and now seems to be getting games at Millwall, he can play either side and if he continues playing in the Championship could become an option for us at senior level. Thomas and Lee O'Connor are both playing regularly in L1 & L2, I had hoped Lee would be playing at a higher level but better than rotting in Celtics reserves. 

MFs: apart from O'Shea, you would say Knight has been the other outstanding young Irish player of 2020. Seems to be very highly rated at Derby and being given the armband by Rooney the other day is huge. I think staying at Derby for a little while might be best for him instead of being a squad player at a higher level. Molumby had a disappointing start to the season after such a good loan spell at Millwall but should get gametime at Preston now, has done well in his few caps to date and you would think if he plays regularly he could become a regular starter in the upcoming campaign. Smallbone I think will be a very tidy player, if he can get some more game time between now and the end of the season you would like to see him capped before Southgate inevitably comes knocking on his door. Jack Taylor worth a shout, doing very well in L1 and was called into the senior squad on the back of the covid/injury crisis in November. Probably needs to play in the CH before we can really consider him for the senior team.

FWs: Despite this being the area we arguably have the most exciting young players, there is just the fear that some of these guys won't turn out to be as good as they could be. Parrott playing for Millwall which is good but they have been woeful and he doesn't seem to be doing great, I'd hope they don't lose patience with him and he becomes a bit part player. Obafemi has not had a good season, barely featured and if anything he seems further away from the senior squad now than he did a year ago, shame he got injured before a loan move to Swansea. Idah was making progress before he got injured, will be hard to break back into the Norwich team with them doing so well. Connolly obviously is already nearly a guaranteed starter for us but has had bad luck with injuries too. Then you have plenty of other talent like Afolabi, Scully, Cassidy, Odubeko who could turn out good or equally they might not kick on.

On the whole you would think that in defense we will continue to have good options who play at lower PL level, maybe O'Shea or Collins will eventually go onto a bigger club. I would think one of the three goalkeepers has a good chance of becoming a top level player but that could be a few years away. Midfield the young options we have coming through look better than the current crop, but you could equally look at Hendrick, Brady, McCarthy and Browne when they were younger and have gotten excited about them. Up front will be the difference maker, if Parrott/Connolly/Idah can get a bit of luck and develop to their potential we would have forward options better than we have had for a long time. 
delgado View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 10:32am
That chap from rovers that went to QPR.Armstrong should surely make that list 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 182183184185186 329>
  Share Topic