You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Underage squads: Best Prospects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


Underage squads: Best Prospects

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 164165166167168 170>
Author
Message
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Joined: 16 Aug 2013
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 7414
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 12:14am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Wigan put 6 past Caoimhin Kelleher tonight in the EFL Trophy.

And was he at fault for any of them, or are you just going to do what you always do and drop the contextless soundbite out there in the hope that it will be interpreted negatively? Another guy we should just write off I suppose.


Sure Kelleher is from Cork, why would I hate him?

Was he at fault for any goals or not? Do you even know?


Did I say he was? Jaysus you're salty tonight.

So essentially you just decided to post that he'd conceded 6 goals without any knowledge as to whether he was at fault for any of them? What exactly was your objective in doing that? I've noticed you do it a lot, and it seems to me you're trying to imply culpability without any genuine knowledge as to whether it exists. I suppose that's what you do when you've an agenda that you're too lazy to even back up properly.


Edited by The O'Shea - 23 Sep 2020 at 12:15am
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 04 Aug 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 499
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 12:15am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Peter Kioso starts for Luton vs Man Utd.


Sure he isn't playing for Cheltenham?

What's that hissyfit? Maybe he's the wrong colour/has the wrong accent for you to consider him Irish?


You're really letting yourself down with comments like that, O'Shea.

Just because you made a complete and utter arse out of yourself on another thread doesn't mean you have to start slandering people.

Yes, I made an ars* out of myself for an entirely inconsequential post about a former Irish underage player signing for a new club.

Your petty griping about the use of the word "international" after "former Irish U-21" in no way made you look like a complete ars*, of course. Nor did you facile statement that his brother "stole" international caps which were freely awarded to him by the Irish management team. There was absolutely no undercurrent of prejudice and nothing ars*-like about that statement either Embarrassed


I'd ask how anyone with common sense could possibly construe that comment as racist, but look who I'm talking to. The person who doesn't understand what the word international means, i.e. a player who has taken part in an international game or contest.

You don't even know anything about the granny rule players you profess to love so much.

You say Courtney Duffus was getting senior football at Cheltenham when he was capped at U-21 level when a cursory glance of his Wikipedia shows that he never played a match for Cheltenham!

Now I'm beginning to understand why you're called "the spouter of nonsense".


Courtney Duffus began his career at Cheltenham before joining Everton. It was Bury, not Cheltenham, where he played his first senior football on loan. What a huge mistake on my part. Interestingly, you seem to conveniently ignore the salient point which was that HE HAD PLAYED SENIOR FOOTBALL prior to being called up for our U-21's, instead focusing on the fact that I mixed up his first club with the first club he went on loan to. You would do this of course, because it damages your bizarre argument (based mainly in anti-English spite) that he somehow "stole U-21 caps" at a time when there were literally no better options in his age group. Name me a striker born in 95/96 who Duffus "stole" those caps from?


He had played a combined total of 87 minutes of senior football at Bury (not Cheltenham) and had gone 2 years without an appearance of any kind at senior level when he played for our U-21's. If you weren't a spouter of nonsense, you would know this.

So you acknowledge that he had actually played senior football as I said; that's nice, it only took you about 15 attempts to get there. So now tell me, what strikers that Duffus was in competition with (ie guys born in 1995 or 1996) did he steal caps from? Or was that just another baseless snipe based on where he was born?


You incorrectly said he was playing senior football for Cheltenham when he was capped for our U-21's. He had gone two consecutive years without playing senior football when he was capped by our U-21's and his senior appearances (which consisted of one start when he was dragged off after 59 minutes and two late cameos) were for Bury, not Cheltenham.
Back to Top
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 04 Aug 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 499
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 12:16am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Wigan put 6 past Caoimhin Kelleher tonight in the EFL Trophy.

And was he at fault for any of them, or are you just going to do what you always do and drop the contextless soundbite out there in the hope that it will be interpreted negatively? Another guy we should just write off I suppose.


Sure Kelleher is from Cork, why would I hate him?

Was he at fault for any goals or not? Do you even know?


Did I say he was? Jaysus you're salty tonight.

So essentially you just decided to post that he'd conceded 6 goals without any knowledge as to whether he was at fault for any of them? What exactly was your objective in doing that? I've noticed you do it a lot, and it seems to me you're trying to imply culpability without any genuine knowledge as to whether it exists. I suppose that's what you do when you've an agenda that you're too lazy to even back up properly.


But Kelleher is white and Irish, so by your logic I have no reason to hate him? I don't understand.
Back to Top
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Joined: 16 Aug 2013
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 7414
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 12:20am
I incorrectly stated he had played senior football for Cheltenham (the team he began his career at) when it was actually Bury (the first team he went on loan to). This has been established and I accept that MASSIVE error LOL In fact I've accepted it avout 20 times at this stage, but you keep harping on about it because you're unable to formulate a response to the actual point at hand. So again, which players that Courtney Duffus was in direct competition with did he "steal caps" from? I understand you aren't the sharpest, but I didn't think I'd have to ask the question this many times...
Back to Top
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Joined: 16 Aug 2013
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 7414
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 12:23am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Wigan put 6 past Caoimhin Kelleher tonight in the EFL Trophy.

And was he at fault for any of them, or are you just going to do what you always do and drop the contextless soundbite out there in the hope that it will be interpreted negatively? Another guy we should just write off I suppose.


Sure Kelleher is from Cork, why would I hate him?

Was he at fault for any goals or not? Do you even know?


Did I say he was? Jaysus you're salty tonight.

So essentially you just decided to post that he'd conceded 6 goals without any knowledge as to whether he was at fault for any of them? What exactly was your objective in doing that? I've noticed you do it a lot, and it seems to me you're trying to imply culpability without any genuine knowledge as to whether it exists. I suppose that's what you do when you've an agenda that you're too lazy to even back up properly.


But Kelleher is white and Irish, so by your logic I have no reason to hate him? I don't understand.

More whataboutery? Come on now, you've been very keen to talk about me being a "spouter of nonsense", so surely it should be easy for a man of your intellect to formulate an appropriate riposte to what I've said?
Back to Top
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 04 Aug 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 499
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 12:29am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

I incorrectly stated he had played senior football for Cheltenham (the team he began his career at) when it was actually Bury (the first team he went on loan to). This has been established and I accept that MASSIVE error LOL In fact I've accepted it avout 20 times at this stage, but you keep harping on about it because you're unable to formulate a response to the actual point at hand. So again, which players that Courtney Duffus was in direct competition with did he "steal caps" from? I understand you aren't the sharpest, but I didn't think I'd have to ask the question this many times...


Considering Duffus had went two years without playing senior football after a failed loan spell at Bury (not Cheltenham), I would suggest any footballer who had actually played senior football in the two years after Duffus's loan spell would have been a better option.

If you weren't being obtuse, you would understand the broader point I was making and one Terri brought up on another thread. That King was calling up players born in England for ulterior reasons.

Another example, a striker like Duffus, is Matthew Hamilton who was called up to the U-21's before dropping out of the game altogether.

Selections like that were part and parcel of Don Givens and more so Noel King's stewardship of the U-21's and often came at the expense of more talented players who happened to be plying their trade in Ireland.
Back to Top
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 04 Aug 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 499
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 12:32am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Wigan put 6 past Caoimhin Kelleher tonight in the EFL Trophy.

And was he at fault for any of them, or are you just going to do what you always do and drop the contextless soundbite out there in the hope that it will be interpreted negatively? Another guy we should just write off I suppose.


Sure Kelleher is from Cork, why would I hate him?

Was he at fault for any goals or not? Do you even know?


Did I say he was? Jaysus you're salty tonight.

So essentially you just decided to post that he'd conceded 6 goals without any knowledge as to whether he was at fault for any of them? What exactly was your objective in doing that? I've noticed you do it a lot, and it seems to me you're trying to imply culpability without any genuine knowledge as to whether it exists. I suppose that's what you do when you've an agenda that you're too lazy to even back up properly.


But Kelleher is white and Irish, so by your logic I have no reason to hate him? I don't understand.

More whataboutery? Come on now, you've been very keen to talk about me being a "spouter of nonsense", so surely it should be easy for a man of your intellect to formulate an appropriate riposte to what I've said?


TBH O'Shea, I'm fairly sure you are the only person who would find fault with my OP re: Kelleher, and it's only because you made an arse out of yourself on another thread and you're salty.

There was no underlying motive behind my post re: Kelleher conceding 6 goals tonight. After all, he's white and from Cork.
Back to Top
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Joined: 16 Aug 2013
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 7414
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 12:39am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

I incorrectly stated he had played senior football for Cheltenham (the team he began his career at) when it was actually Bury (the first team he went on loan to). This has been established and I accept that MASSIVE error LOL In fact I've accepted it avout 20 times at this stage, but you keep harping on about it because you're unable to formulate a response to the actual point at hand. So again, which players that Courtney Duffus was in direct competition with did he "steal caps" from? I understand you aren't the sharpest, but I didn't think I'd have to ask the question this many times...


Considering Duffus had went two years without playing senior football after a failed loan spell at Bury (not Cheltenham), I would suggest any footballer who had actually played senior football in the two years after Duffus's loan spell would have been a better option.

If you weren't being obtuse, you would understand the broader point I was making and one Terri brought up on another thread. That King was calling up players born in England for ulterior reasons.

Another example, a striker like Duffus, is Matthew Hamilton who was called up to the U-21's before dropping out of the game altogether.

Selections like that were part and parcel of Don Givens and more so Noel King's stewardship of the U-21's and often came at the expense of more talented players who happened to be plying their trade in Ireland.

So in other words, you can provide no names. Instead you revert to more whataboutery by name-checking Hamilton again who has absolutely nothing to do with Duffus. Duffus was a youth player at a large Premier League club when was called up, he had already played senior mens football and he has subsequently went on to have good spells with Waterford and Yeovil. Hamilton, by contrast, never played a senior game for anyone and has been a free agent for 4 years; they aren't even on the same planet in terms of a footballing career, so why do you keep trying to shoehorn him into the conversation?

I will again ask you, tell me which striker it was born in 95/96 that Duffus stole caps from? I'll even let you justify based on their career outlook at the time or what they have achieved subsequently; all I want is a name.
Back to Top
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 04 Aug 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 499
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 12:48am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

I incorrectly stated he had played senior football for Cheltenham (the team he began his career at) when it was actually Bury (the first team he went on loan to). This has been established and I accept that MASSIVE error LOL In fact I've accepted it avout 20 times at this stage, but you keep harping on about it because you're unable to formulate a response to the actual point at hand. So again, which players that Courtney Duffus was in direct competition with did he "steal caps" from? I understand you aren't the sharpest, but I didn't think I'd have to ask the question this many times...


Considering Duffus had went two years without playing senior football after a failed loan spell at Bury (not Cheltenham), I would suggest any footballer who had actually played senior football in the two years after Duffus's loan spell would have been a better option.

If you weren't being obtuse, you would understand the broader point I was making and one Terri brought up on another thread. That King was calling up players born in England for ulterior reasons.

Another example, a striker like Duffus, is Matthew Hamilton who was called up to the U-21's before dropping out of the game altogether.

Selections like that were part and parcel of Don Givens and more so Noel King's stewardship of the U-21's and often came at the expense of more talented players who happened to be plying their trade in Ireland.

So in other words, you can provide no names. Instead you revert to more whataboutery by name-checking Hamilton again who has absolutely nothing to do with Duffus. Duffus was a youth player at a large Premier League club when was called up, he had already played senior mens football and he has subsequently went on to have good spells with Waterford and Yeovil. Hamilton, by contrast, never played a senior game for anyone and has been a free agent for 4 years; they aren't even on the same planet in terms of a footballing career, so why do you keep trying to shoehorn him into the conversation?

I will again ask you, tell me which striker it was born in 95/96 that Duffus stole caps from? I'll even let you justify based on their career outlook at the time or what they have achieved subsequently; all I want is a name.


Context is king. You said he was playing senior football at Cheltenham when he was called up to the U-21's; you implied he was playing regular senior football. Wrong on just the three counts as I've proven. I fail to see why you keep bringing up subsequent average loan spells at an Irish team and a 5th tier English team. I bring up Hamilton because his and Duffus's call ups were symptomatic of a selection policy that aggressively targeted eligible players regardless of whether they were good enough or had potential, and not always for footballing reasons. See also Oyebanjo, Painter, Spillane, McGinty, Field, C. Whelan et cetera.
Back to Top
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 04 Aug 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 499
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 12:52am
And I've already said that any player who was playing senior football in the 2 years since Duffus's abortive loan spell at Bury (not Cheltenham as you erroneously said) would suffice.

It's highly simplistic to say that Duffus was a potentially great talent just because he played youth team football for Everton as well.


Back to Top
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Joined: 16 Aug 2013
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 7414
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 12:57am
No, I said no such thing. I said Duffus HAD played senior football prior to being called up, I did not say he WAS playing senior football WHEN he was called up. You are either making up that element of the argument in a further attempt to distract from the fact you cannot answer my question, or you are misremembering. The fact you have continued to ream off random players such as Lanre Oyebanjo who have absolutely nothing to do with the question I've asked would suggest to me you're desperately attempting to hide your inability to answer my simple question, however Embarrassed
Back to Top
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 04 Aug 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 499
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 1:00am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

No, I said no such thing. I said Duffus HAD played senior football prior to being called up, I did not say he WAS playing senior football WHEN he was called up. You are either making up that element of the argument in a further attempt to distract from the fact you cannot answer my question, or you are misremembering. The fact you have continued to ream off random players such as Lanre Oyebanjo who have absolutely nothing to do with the question I've asked would suggest to me you're desperately attempting to hide your inability to answer my simple question, however Embarrassed


I'm going to bed, so I'll just leave this here to show that there's a pattern to you making false statements in your misguided attempts to show that you know everything.

From page 83 of the Harry Arter thread.

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Out injured for Fulham today. I guess he isn't "committed" to them either Embarrassed

He's suspended due to the red card he picked up in last game.


LOL.
Back to Top
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Joined: 16 Aug 2013
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 7414
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 1:01am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

And I've already said that any player who was playing senior football in the 2 years since Duffus's abortive loan spell at Bury (not Cheltenham as you erroneously said) would suffice.

It's highly simplistic to say that Duffus was a potentially great talent just because he played youth team football for Everton as well.



That was never my argument and you know it, stop trying to move the goalposts to save face. You stated that Duffus "stole" caps, I stated that there were no other strikers in his age group (either at the time or subsequently) who have shown themselves to be better than him. So that leads to the very simple question that I am now asking for the 50th time, if Duffus stole caps, who were the better options available to us at the time that he stole these caps from?
Back to Top
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Joined: 16 Aug 2013
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 7414
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 1:06am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

No, I said no such thing. I said Duffus HAD played senior football prior to being called up, I did not say he WAS playing senior football WHEN he was called up. You are either making up that element of the argument in a further attempt to distract from the fact you cannot answer my question, or you are misremembering. The fact you have continued to ream off random players such as Lanre Oyebanjo who have absolutely nothing to do with the question I've asked would suggest to me you're desperately attempting to hide your inability to answer my simple question, however Embarrassed


I'm going to bed, so I'll just leave this here to show that there's a pattern to you making false statements in your misguided attempts to show that you know everything.

From page 83 of the Harry Arter thread.

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Out injured for Fulham today. I guess he isn't "committed" to them either Embarrassed

He's suspended due to the red card he picked up in last game.


LOL.

That's nice, so basically you can't find a post where I said Duffus was playing senior football when he was called up to our U-21's (because such a post doesn't exist, you made it up). So you've resorted to posting a quote from god knows when regarding god knows what from the Harry Arter thread? I hadn't realised I was debating with such a masterful tactician, well played Embarrassed
Back to Top
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 04 Aug 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 499
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 1:09am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

And I've already said that any player who was playing senior football in the 2 years since Duffus's abortive loan spell at Bury (not Cheltenham as you erroneously said) would suffice.

It's highly simplistic to say that Duffus was a potentially great talent just because he played youth team football for Everton as well.



That was never my argument and you know it, stop trying to move the goalposts to save face. You stated that Duffus "stole" caps, I stated that there were no other strikers in his age group (either at the time or subsequently) who have shown themselves to be better than him. So that leads to the very simple question that I am now asking for the 50th time, if Duffus stole caps, who were the better options available to us at the time that he stole these caps from?


LOL

He kept Sean Maguire on the bench for all three U-21 games he started for us.

Maguire is currently playing in the 2nd division. Duffus is currently playing in the 5th division.
Back to Top
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 04 Aug 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 499
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 1:14am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

No, I said no such thing. I said Duffus HAD played senior football prior to being called up, I did not say he WAS playing senior football WHEN he was called up. You are either making up that element of the argument in a further attempt to distract from the fact you cannot answer my question, or you are misremembering. The fact you have continued to ream off random players such as Lanre Oyebanjo who have absolutely nothing to do with the question I've asked would suggest to me you're desperately attempting to hide your inability to answer my simple question, however Embarrassed


I'm going to bed, so I'll just leave this here to show that there's a pattern to you making false statements in your misguided attempts to show that you know everything.

From page 83 of the Harry Arter thread.

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Out injured for Fulham today. I guess he isn't "committed" to them either Embarrassed

He's suspended due to the red card he picked up in last game.


LOL.

That's nice, so basically you can't find a post where I said Duffus was playing senior football when he was called up to our U-21's (because such a post doesn't exist, you made it up). So you've resorted to posting a quote from god knows when regarding god knows what from the Harry Arter thread? I hadn't realised I was debating with such a masterful tactician, well played Embarrassed


Actually, I was just showing there's a pattern to you making daft comments that are incorrect.

Here's what you said re: Duffus: "Except Duffus was clearly superior to most of the other options available at the time. He'd already played senior football for Cheltenham, and he subsequently went on to have decent scoring records for Waterford and Yeovil. He's never going to be a great player, but he was certainly not one of King's more unjustified call ups."

Duffus never played senior football for Cheltenham. Not sure why you wanted me to post exactly what you said when it shows that you don't even know who he was playing for. LOL
Back to Top
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Joined: 16 Aug 2013
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 7414
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 1:28am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

No, I said no such thing. I said Duffus HAD played senior football prior to being called up, I did not say he WAS playing senior football WHEN he was called up. You are either making up that element of the argument in a further attempt to distract from the fact you cannot answer my question, or you are misremembering. The fact you have continued to ream off random players such as Lanre Oyebanjo who have absolutely nothing to do with the question I've asked would suggest to me you're desperately attempting to hide your inability to answer my simple question, however Embarrassed


I'm going to bed, so I'll just leave this here to show that there's a pattern to you making false statements in your misguided attempts to show that you know everything.

From page 83 of the Harry Arter thread.

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Out injured for Fulham today. I guess he isn't "committed" to them either Embarrassed

He's suspended due to the red card he picked up in last game.


LOL.

That's nice, so basically you can't find a post where I said Duffus was playing senior football when he was called up to our U-21's (because such a post doesn't exist, you made it up). So you've resorted to posting a quote from god knows when regarding god knows what from the Harry Arter thread? I hadn't realised I was debating with such a masterful tactician, well played Embarrassed


Actually, I was just showing there's a pattern to you making daft comments that are incorrect.

Here's what you said re: Duffus: "Except Duffus was clearly superior to most of the other options available at the time. He'd already played senior football for Cheltenham, and he subsequently went on to have decent scoring records for Waterford and Yeovil. He's never going to be a great player, but he was certainly not one of King's more unjustified call ups."

Duffus never played senior football for Cheltenham. Not sure why you wanted me to post exactly what you said when it shows that you don't even know who he was playing for. LOL

Praise the lord, we've finally got a name on the 50th attempt! Now for the issues with what you've said; Maguire was born in 1994, not 95/96 as I asked for, so Duffus is a full 17 months younger than him. Maguire received 12 U-21 caps, and more than that, he was capped in every game Duffus was capped in! So even after all that bluster, you've only gone and illustrated even more clearly that you're spouting out of your posterior! Clown I've dealt with some individuals of questionable intelligence in my time on here, but I think you're coming very close to taking the biscuit LOL
Back to Top
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Avatar

Joined: 17 Oct 2013
Location: Boston, USA
Status: Online
Points: 2641
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 1:37am
please just have a wank and go to bed
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 164165166167168 170>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.