You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 107108109110111 329>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Originally posted by eddiebro eddiebro wrote:

great comments by Kenny. https://www.balls.ie/football/stephen-kenny-eamon-dunphy-podcast-413879

He’s a breath of fresh air after O’Neill and Trap. I don’t think I’ve ever heard an Irish national team speak that way about our players. Pretty damning on O’Neill honestly.

Yeah think he’s onto something there and we need to integrate our best young players quicker. We seem to have a number of young players being touted for first team premier league football next season, right now i struggle to see how Mick would be able to accommodate them if there are more than one or two and Robbie Brady and players playing poorly shouldn’t be kept in the squad 
Sponsored Links

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 1:34pm
Here's the Podcast in question if anyone is interested. 

El Puto Amo
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 1:43pm
Barcelona have signed youngster Louie Barry from West Brom, the La Liga champions have confirmed.

The 16-year-old, who joined the Baggies when he was six, joins up with Barca's Juvenil A side.

West Brom are expected to recoup just £235,000 compensation for Barry.
Getting old and intolerant
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 1:54pm
Barring a dip on fortunes, I'd be amazed if Barry ever lined out for us again, especially given how the move seems to have caught the attention of the English media. You never know though I suppose.
We're decent enough..
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Barring a dip on fortunes, I'd be amazed if Barry ever lined out for us again, especially given how the move seems to have caught the attention of the English media. You never know though I suppose.

Unlikely I'd imagine but with Stephen Kenny involved in set up we'r have our best chance
It's not me it's you:-)
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 9:59pm
Hasnt really worked out for Marcus McGuane has it.
skylarking View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylarking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 12:42am
Feyernoord and Bayern Munich also looking at Mipo Odubeko
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 2:52am
Originally posted by skylarking skylarking wrote:

Saw that.  Does anyone know why this lad wasn't in the U17 squad for the Euros a month ago?
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylarking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Saw that.  Does anyone know why this lad wasn't in the U17 squad for the Euros a month ago?

Not sure about Mipo, but someone on here said his Ireland/Man Utd team mate Deji Sotona was concentrating on his exams. I reckon these two lads are flying under the radar a bit. Despite the obvious promise of Parrot, Idah, and Connolly I think Odubeko could be the prolific striker we've been crying out for since Robbie's retirement.

Edited by skylarking - 13 Jul 2019 at 1:26pm
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 1:21pm
How the f**k can you fly under the radar at Man Utd!
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylarking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Jaysus on a jetski, relax. Very little has been spoken about these prospects (on this forum, foot.ie, twitter etc), despite them playing for one of the most high-profile clubs in the world. Particularly Mipo - 35 goals this season at U18, yet if you search these forums - you'll find very few references to either. 

Under the radar of the know-it-alls on this forum. The fact that Bayern, Feyernoord, Utrecht and Genoa are interested in a lad most on this forum have barely heard of proves they have flown under the radar of the fans. 

Edited by skylarking - 13 Jul 2019 at 1:35pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 1:45pm

Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Not sure about Mipo, but someone on here said his Ireland/Man Utd team mate Deji Sotona was concentrating on his exams. I reckon these two lads are flying under the radar a bit. Despite the obvious promise of Parrot, Idah, and Connolly I think Odubeko could be the prolific striker we've been crying out for since Robbie's retirement.

LOL
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 5:51pm
Gavin Bazunu is in Man Citys squad for their Aisa tour.
IrishCanadian View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 6:00pm

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Jaysus on a jetski, relax. Very little has been spoken about these prospects (on this forum, foot.ie, twitter etc), despite them playing for one of the most high-profile clubs in the world. Particularly Mipo - 35 goals this season at U18, yet if you search these forums - you'll find very few references to either. 

Under the radar of the know-it-alls on this forum. The fact that Bayern, Feyernoord, Utrecht and Genoa are interested in a lad most on this forum have barely heard of proves they have flown under the radar of the fans. 

Mipo wasn't even in the u18s squad this season, let alone score 35 goals for them. He made 2 appearances for the u18s and scored 1 goal. 

He was an u16 which I imagine the know-it-alls on this forum know next to nothing about as it isn't televised or published. u16s and below are rarely ever talked about. 
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 7:59am
Anselmo Garcia McNulty has joined Wolfsburg from Real Betis.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 8:34am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

"Jimmy" Cool
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 9:42am

This transfer happened a few months ago, Wolfsburg are one of the German clubs that places greater significance upon its youth team and they are a regular in the fight for the title in the Under-23, Under-19 and Under-17 leagues. So while on paper it might look like a sideways move could do well for him in his development. German underage games are usually live on you tube so might be worth checking in to see how he is progressing. 

time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 11:07am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

This transfer happened a few months ago, Wolfsburg are one of the German clubs that places greater significance upon its youth team and they are a regular in the fight for the title in the Under-23, Under-19 and Under-17 leagues. So while on paper it might look like a sideways move could do well for him in his development. German underage games are usually live on you tube so might be worth checking in to see how he is progressing. 

Was very few reports about him transferring which is weird. 

Was very impressed with him in under17s euros. I think Wolfsburg is a good move to be honest. 

Just shows how willing lads who develop in European leagues are to move along to other leagues.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 107108109110111 329>
  Share Topic