You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Under-21 Euro 2023 Qualifying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6364656667 148>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2022 at 5:35pm
I see early bird options are out for the double header.

Be nice if it sold out and the team was playing in front of a full house.
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2022 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by pateen pateen wrote:

Won't sell out, need to rotate these games around the country. Back to Sligo or the likes of Cork, Limerick, Galway or Waterford.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2022 at 5:58pm
2 free tickets in the bag for both games, will be a class bank holiday double header Clap
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
KingKenny View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingKenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2022 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Won't sell out, need to rotate these games around the country. Back to Sligo or the likes of Cork, Limerick, Galway or Waterford.

I'd love to get to the next two matches but getting up to Dublin isn't possible unfortunately. It'd be interesting to see how many they'd get somewhere like Thomond Park
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2022 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by KingKenny KingKenny wrote:

I'd love to get to the next two matches but getting up to Dublin isn't possible unfortunately. It'd be interesting to see how many they'd get somewhere like Thomond Park

I went to the full internationals against South Africa and Australia that we played under Trap at Thomond and attendances were very poor. I've no issue with the U21 games being played around the country, in fact I'd encourage it, but play them in suitably sized grounds in areas where they'll get a bit of support.
KingKenny View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingKenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2022 at 1:10am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

I went to the full internationals against South Africa and Australia that we played under Trap at Thomond and attendances were very poor. I've no issue with the U21 games being played around the country, in fact I'd encourage it, but play them in suitably sized grounds in areas where they'll get a bit of support.

Think it was around 20k for the Australia match. Same for when City played there. They're only getting between 1.5k and 2.2k in Tallaght so Thomond would be too big but if it was marketed right you could pack out the Marketsfield
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2022 at 5:48am

Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Think it was around 20k for the Australia match. Same for when City played there. They're only getting between 1.5k and 2.2k in Tallaght so Thomond would be too big but if it was marketed right you could pack out the Marketsfield

Would be nice to see them rotated but ground like markets field aren't up to UEFA standards unfortunately 

Edited by wanderer - 21 Apr 2022 at 5:49am
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2022 at 8:51am
I remember U21 games in Turners Cross back in the early 90's. Used to be great excitement. England game in 1990 stands out, Keane V Shearer.

There was a B international too before WC90, England brought Tony Adams, Seaman, Le Tissier, Batty. Dalian Atkinson. Quinn, Irwin and David Kelly the biggest names for Ireland that day.

Should definitely try to get more round the country, we had a full friendly in 2016 V Belarus in Cork didn't we?
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2022 at 9:37am
Yup. Our last game before the Euros. We got beaten by Belarus
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2022 at 10:22am
Any sense of the venue for the Italy-Ireland game? Italians seems to move it around the country a lot, half considering heading over to it instead of the Ukraine "away" game
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Any sense of the venue for the Italy-Ireland game? Italians seems to move it around the country a lot, half considering heading over to it instead of the Ukraine "away" game

To answer my own question:

The Stadio Cino e Lillo Del Duca in Ascoli will host the Under-21 European Championship qualifying match between Italy and the Republic of Ireland on Tuesday 14 June
WesHoolahan View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesHoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 9:18pm
Hi All, quick question - for season ticket holders, do (the free) U21 tickets operate in the same way as the senior team on the FAI portal ? can you share them with someone else if you cant go yourself ? as in email them off to someone else using their ticketmaster portal ?
nordlingen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nordlingen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 8:39pm
Hey Lads trying to get 4 tickets for both matches but can't seem to be able to get Duo deal on tmaster.....according to their graphic it looks nearly sold out....or am I reading this wrong....?
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by nordlingen nordlingen wrote:

Hey Lads trying to get 4 tickets for both matches but can't seem to be able to get Duo deal on tmaster.....according to their graphic it looks nearly sold out....or am I reading this wrong....?

Just tried it there and its working fine for me.

You've to select the seats together in Block X.

But yeah it does look nearly is sold out. Unless they're selling it block by block but I'd imagine season ticket holders took most of them initially then the fact the tickets are only €17 for both games and they're in with a shout for qualifying.
nordlingen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nordlingen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 9:43pm
Thanks for that BW.....I'll try again....was surprised to see east stand sold but  they could be selling it off block by block ?
And as you say prices very reasonable....
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 10:19am
Here we go...very strong squad, with OkoFlex the only notable missing person:

Delighted to see Hodge in there.  Big prospect.
Noss back is welcome.
Tayo and Armstrong up from the 19's very good to see as both look like talents.
Smalbone must be up to fitness which is again, good news (altho I'd start Tierney ahead of him in the 10, unless Sallbone is fully fit).
Finally Burns in from the off and should push Wright for that top-right slot.

Wonder will Mipo start again CF or a returning Ferguson push him aside?

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 10:35am
Really strong squad.

There's a serious amount of first team football at Championship level through the likes of Baggan, McGuinness, Kilkenny, Coventry (League 1 mostly).

Smallbone and Noss have made appearances in the Premier League and Bundesliga, and then the likes of Mipo, O'Brien and Wright have decent senior football experience too.

Not to ignore Devoy and Burns who are brilliant prospects excelling in the LOI.

If we had a full 21s squad to choose from, I'd fancy our chances of being amongst the best 10-15 teams in Europe. (Perhaps not on paper, but we'd cause problems for some big teams).

Edited by Maccatacca - 26 May 2022 at 10:37am
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 10:46am
"Wirght".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6364656667 148>
  Share Topic