You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Under-21 Euro 2023 Qualifying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 148>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2022 at 8:30pm
Eiran Cashin should be in for a shout for a call up 
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2022 at 9:50pm
You'd have to wonder about Crawford looking at the way some of these players are playing for their clubs. Bagan is flying for Cardiff but hasn't looked great for the under 21s, Ferguson is considered to be worth a run out in the Premier League for Brighton but looks isolated playing up front for Ireland.

With Cashin looking like he might be an option now it should be time for the Under 21s to switch to a three at the back with McGuinness, O'Brien and Cashin potentially as the centre backs. That would hopefully get the best out of Bagan as a wing back and allow the team to set up in a way that gives more support to Ferguson or whoever is playing up front.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2022 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

You'd have to wonder about Crawford looking at the way some of these players are playing for their clubs. Bagan is flying for Cardiff but hasn't looked great for the under 21s, Ferguson is considered to be worth a run out in the Premier League for Brighton but looks isolated playing up front for Ireland.

With Cashin looking like he might be an option now it should be time for the Under 21s to switch to a three at the back with McGuinness, O'Brien and Cashin potentially as the centre backs. That would hopefully get the best out of Bagan as a wing back and allow the team to set up in a way that gives more support to Ferguson or whoever is playing up front.

Tack on Festy RWB and that's a great foundation.

Edited by Fozz - 19 Feb 2022 at 10:06pm
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2022 at 12:03am
I'd have Tayo in there ahead of Bagan myself.
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2022 at 9:56am
It would seem obvious to go with a 3 at the back formation and cut out the wingers as that is definitely our weakest area at this level. 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2022 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

It would seem obvious to go with a 3 at the back formation and cut out the wingers as that is definitely our weakest area at this level. 

Yeah, we've fielded Wright, Ferry and Gilbert recently in those wide positions and their return has been moderate, at best.
Wright has had the best of it, while Ferry is very hit an dmiss and I've seen nothing as yet from Gilbert.

Would seem logical to have Festy one side and Bagan/Adamarola as the wide men with dual-roles (that they know) and then get two up top, leaving Ferguson (or JJ) less isolated.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2022 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

I'd have Tayo in there ahead of Bagan myself.

Someone that's done nothing in senior football over someone that's just scored his third goal in three games and playing well?
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2022 at 5:14pm
Which lad is Tayo? Haven't heard of him 
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2022 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by pateen pateen wrote:

Which lad is Tayo? Haven't heard of him 

Richard Dunne's son.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2022 at 11:01am
Squad for Sweden away:

Note that JC said he'd likely bring a few lads up from that U20's squad named last week, so expect a couple of additions, even if just for traning.  Just 21 named, so adds up.

Notes:
Mipo back.
Cashin in.
Noss out, and Johansson & Connell still out.

Strong squad, and then you look at what is at U20 that can also be added.

Edited by Fozz - 15 Mar 2022 at 11:02am
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2022 at 11:10am
Ferry also out, also no Tayo Adaramolo

Edited by Howdo - 15 Mar 2022 at 11:25am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2022 at 11:20am
Tight squad, certainly not calling lads up just for the sake of it anyway. Disappointing to see only three centre backs though - tells its own story regarding how we'll set up. Festy named as a forward suggests it will still be Lee O'Connor at right back, even though he doesn't play there for his club any more.

Probably looking at something like 

Maher
O'Connor McGuinness Cashin Bagan
                 Coventry Kilkenny
                       Smallbone
Ebosele                                       O'Neill

Ferguson 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2022 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

Yeah, Ferry seems odd, as he's playing well and has been in most every other recent squad.

Will Tayo not be with the 19's?
Hope so.
Oh, and Bosun Lawal to be with the 19s.

Roll on that squad announcement.

Edited by Fozz - 15 Mar 2022 at 11:37am
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2022 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Yeah, Ferry seems odd, as he's playing well and has been in most every other recent squad.

Hope so.

wasn't named in the U19 training squad, either was Lawal, amongst others.

Guess we've an abundance of talent coming through at the moment, so can't pick everyone
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2022 at 11:40am

Hope so.

Guess we've an abundance of talent coming through at the moment, so can't pick everyone

Lawal just back from injury, and maybe Tayo wasn't released, as he was featuring for Palace.
Just speculating.

Also, U 19's play tomorrow-week so we should get that squad any day now and answer these questions.

Edited by Fozz - 15 Mar 2022 at 11:43am
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2022 at 11:44am

Hope so.

Lawal is only back from injury since last week.

Edited by J89 - 15 Mar 2022 at 11:45am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2022 at 11:52am
Tayo should be with the Under 19s, if anything happened to Bagan i'd expect him to be called straight into the Under 21s. If he's not in the Under 19s I'd be asking why. Surprised Ferry isn't in as he covers left wing and left back so, even though he's probably not a starter, he's useful to have around as cover.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2022 at 12:19pm
On paper it looks like a fairly strong squad anyway. Certainly the quality in terms of level players are playing at for their clubs is remaining decent, compared to what squads looked like in the Noel King era 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 148>
  Share Topic