You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Under-21 Euro 2023 Qualifying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 148>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 6:18pm
johanssen is a player.. McGuinneas too. No guile. Conditions are not great and ball is hard to keep on the ground on this surface. We have been dominated in the midfield. Poor game though.

Edited by Nialler - 05 Jun 2021 at 6:19pm
Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Rose looks fairly sh*te in fairness. 
He's 17. At fault for the goal. Bit early to say he's sh*te
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Rose looks fairly sh*te in fairness. 
He's 17. At fault for the goal. Bit early to say he's sh*te

I was only judging him on his 1st half performance. I didn't think he could do anything for the goal.

And your right, he is only a kid. Plenty of time to improve.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 6:57pm
Second half was just more of the same really. As poor a performance as I have seen from an Irish underage team in recent years. You'd have to question Jim Crawford there also, there seemed to be no Plan B once it became clear the Danish press had the measure of our defenders passing skills, yet we proceeded with the same obviously ineffective approach for 80 minutes and refused to push up on them at all until very late on.

Even to begin with you'd have to question the merit of trying to play a short passing game out from the back when you select players who are clearly as uncomfortable in possession as Oisin McEntee is. It was all very Kenny-esque to be honest, clueless on the bench it seemed. 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Second half was just more of the same really. As poor a performance as I have seen from an Irish underage team in recent years. You'd have to question Jim Crawford there also, there seemed to be no Plan B once it became clear the Danish press had the measure of our defenders passing skills, yet we proceeded with the same obviously ineffective approach for 80 minutes and refused to push up on them at all until very late on.

Even to begin with you'd have to question the merit of trying to play a short passing game out from the back when you select players who are clearly as uncomfortable in possession as Oisin McEntee is. It was all very Kenny-esque to be honest, clueless on the bench it seemed. 
Never miss an opportunity to have a pop at Kenny.

Arsehole.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 7:07pm

Have a day off ffs. 
Non stop negativity across multiple threads 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 8:15pm
This current crop of u21 is particularly difficult to measure due to the necessity of promoting a number of players to the seniors early.

Bazunu, oconnor, omobamidele, knight, smallbone, Nathan Collins, idah, parrott should all still be developing in the u21s in an ideal world

I'd say of the current players in the u21s mcguinness, ebosele, johansson and connell look the part and look like they'll get senior caps at one point.

I have to say a few of the u21s have been very underwhelming when you see that this is their last year at this level. 

Alolabi has been very poor every time I've seen him, I would imagine he'll disappear from sight pretty soon.

Kayode has been very poor these 3 games but I've heard he can be good so maybe the jury is still out.

Coventry has played every minute of the three games and captained the team but sadly I think he's been terrible. I'm hoping he goes on loan and turns it around next season.

Kilkenny didn't get a fair chance of the three games but again he needs a loan move.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Never miss an opportunity to have a pop at Kenny.

Arsehole.

You like Kenny, we get it. Given the performances since he's become Ireland manager he's going to get some stick. Deal with it.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Have a day off ffs. 
Non stop negativity across multiple threads 

When there's something to be positive about I'll be positive. When there's negatives there's no point sugar coating it. Both that effort today from the Under 21s and the senior team effort against Andorra the last night (at least until the Andorran's ran out of gas and had to bring on a 42 year old centre back) were not up to scratch. That's just the reality here.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 9:15pm
U21 game has nothing to do with Kenny. He’s irrelevant to the matter yet you sl*g him off. It’s not even criticism, it’s having a pop at him for the sake of it. Adds nothing. You’re an embarrassment.

Edited by FrankosHereNow - 05 Jun 2021 at 9:16pm
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 9:37pm
Coventry getting a lot of unnecessary stick, was our best player in the second half today but he’s become an easy target for many on here.  
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 9:42pm
Coventrys not up to it, Afolabi should be resigned to the fact he’ll be in LOI soon, Dan Rose is sh*te. 
Have I missed any of other underage players being written off? 
Forgot Evan Ferguson could declare for England LOL and every other dual nationality player is leaving &/or using us 

Edited by 9fingers - 05 Jun 2021 at 9:43pm
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 9:45pm

Coventrys not up to it, Afolabi should be resigned to the fact he’ll be in LOI soon, Dan Rose is sh*te. 
Forgot Evan Ferguson could declare for England LOL and every other dual nationality player is leaving &/or using us 
Parrots career was over 6 months ago, Johansson wants nothing to do with us. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 10:34pm

Parrots career was over 6 months ago, Johansson wants nothing to do with us. 

Doom and gloom merchants galore on here.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 11:20pm

I’m guilty for asking could Evan Ferguson declare for England made a mistake of thinking he has English born/English parents god knows why. 

My fault was just genuinely curious not being pessimistic. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Coventry getting a lot of unnecessary stick, was our best player in the second half today but he’s become an easy target for many on here.  

I thought he was very poor in the first two games. Didn’t see today’s game now to make a judgement. I do think Coventry Kilkenny Mcentee Connell do showcase how much talent we have that goes to waste in underage divisions. 

Kilkenny and Coventry should have 2 seasons of men’s football under their belt at the bare minimum one. Coventry got 10 games at Lincoln prior to coronavirus/lockdown and Kilkenny god knows what’s happening there.

Coventry was widely touted by West Ham fans as a superior player to Cullen two years ago don’t forget. 
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 11:30pm
I think Ferguson has a British passport so perhaps he has? Having watched all three games McGuinness was the only one to consistently impress, so there's another to add to the heap of upcoming central defensive prodigies. Wright the best attacking performer.
Most the rest did well in matches, not so well in others. Nobody was consistently inadequate. Johansson didn't really stand out except for having a better basic technique through his continental upbringing. Noss didn't impress at all and yet some would have him in the senior squad, presumably for novelty factor? 
Its hard to evaluate these matches as to our overall standard as missing so many potential picks, as were Switzerland and Denmark. I don't imagine this age group likely to qualify for anything unless the senior boys drop down but suppose that's not so important anyway at age group level.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 11:33pm
Ferguson's mother was born in England, that's how he was able to go and play in England despite being under 18 - https://www.newstalk.com/uncategorized/evan-ferguson-bohemian-brighton-1132651

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 05 Jun 2021 at 11:35pm
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 148>
  Share Topic