You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Under-21 Euro 2023 Qualifying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 144145146147148>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 5:25am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

Originally posted by BaileNuisBhoy BaileNuisBhoy wrote:

[QUOTE=grannyrule]Wright never looked confident
Did absolutely nothing when he came on 

As the lad on Co Commentary mentioned one or 100 times! Seemed to have a real personal beef with young Wright 
[/QUOTE

He's not a LOI player and Lyons whom he replaced is, it's that simple, that's Cawley, he's a twat!

In fairness Wright looked like a bomb scare anytime they went down his side. I understand he’s not a fullback/wingback so it’s probably unfair to ask him to play there knowing he’s not 
Here we go again, we're on the road again
Sponsored Links

TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 7:48am
Who the f has Wright taking a 2nd peno anyway? He missed an unbelievable chance from a few yards out earlier in campaign. Give the penos to the experienced boys .. Lee O Connor etc
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 8:20am

Originally posted by flaghunter flaghunter wrote:

Who is the co comm?

Alan f**king Cawley who bigs up all the LOI lads and puts down the rest, he's an absolute dose, hasn't one f**king clue!
LOLLOL

Wright was absolute poison when he came on. 

We got what we deserved from the playoffs. Crawford is so f**king negative Dead must’ve been 30 yards between Connolly & the midfield for a lot of the game. 

Can’t believe Connolly didn’t take a pen, should never play for Ireland again LOL
And it’s Jim Goodwins fault LOL

Edited by 9fingers - 28 Sep 2022 at 8:43am
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 8:35am
Performance sounds absolutely depressing. Saw the penos whilst at LR and they were pathetic. 

So depressing.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 9:06am
That's the last we ever see of the likes of Wright and O'Connor in an Irish shirt thank god.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 9:10am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by flaghunter flaghunter wrote:

Who is the co comm?

Alan f**king Cawley who bigs up all the LOI lads and puts down the rest, he's an absolute dose, hasn't one f**king clue!
LOLLOL

Wright was absolute poison when he came on. 

We got what we deserved from the playoffs. Crawford is so f**king negative Dead must’ve been 30 yards between Connolly & the midfield for a lot of the game. 

Can’t believe Connolly didn’t take a pen, should never play for Ireland again LOL
And it’s Jim Goodwins fault LOL

Just to be clear in case anyone doesnt get the humour, Aaron Connolly was not on the pitch by the time they got to penos. He was off looking for the rest of the team whom he hadnt seen since Friday night!

Crawford has been the same throughout the campaign so he didnt surprise me at all and he will say he got us to the brink of qualification, penalties are a lottery blah, blah, blah, but I think if he had been more positive particularly in the first leg, they were there for the taking. Feel sorry for the players who put in a great shift overall throughout the campaign. Undone by a GK error and negative tactics in the first leg. I think there's 1 or 2 ready to step up now and another 2 or 3 that might step up in time, but it wasnt the most talented U21 group ever, they had plenty of heart though!
Idah Dream!
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 9:37am
Crawford is straight out of the 2nd generation Mick and MoN playbook. 
AKA pedantic kunt
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 9:44am
Why was Ebosele not used, hardly disgraced himself Sat for the 10 mins he got......a wingback who got a move to Serie A on the back of his performances at Derby, we needed one last night but brought on a winger who plays for I don't know in L1
1874eire View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1874eire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 9:54am
Read in the Examiner yesterday Crawford saying that they weren't going to practice penalties in case the Israelis were filming them. Thought it was a bit strange. 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 10:03am
Originally posted by 1874eire 1874eire wrote:

Read in the Examiner yesterday Crawford saying that they weren't going to practice penalties in case the Israelis were filming them. Thought it was a bit strange. 

Nothing strange about it, your training in the home teams stadium your hardly going to practice penalties when who knows who's watching on.

He said they'd practiced them all week in Dublin, unfortunately didn't do any good when it came to actual penalties 
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 11:42am
If I'm not mistaken, Crawford said he was going to step away after this campaign. I think Mohan is ready to step up as his replacement. He knows the talent pool coming through better than anyone and has done well with the U19s and U17s. 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 11:45am
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, Crawford said he was going to step away after this campaign. I think Mohan is ready to step up as his replacement. He knows the talent pool coming through better than anyone and has done well with the U19s and U17s. 

When did he say this?
He was referencing the next campaign in the post-match interview last night, and that suggested to me that it was his campaign to run.

I'd be happy to see change.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 11:49am

Yeah wouldn't mind seeing Mohan step up because he knows this group of players so well. Even if the U19s qualified for the finals next year I don't think there'd be clashes with the U21s.

U21s campaign very likely won't start until September and it will be training camps in March and June. The camp in March would be the only one he'd be unable to do because of the U19s.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

When did he say this?
He was referencing the next campaign in the post-match interview last night, and that suggested to me that it was his campaign to run.

I'd be happy to see change.

He's out of contract, but he'll probably get a new one - I'd prefer to see a coach who is a bit more progressive and ambitious in terms of outlook/style of play. I know little about Mohan, has anybody any insights?
Idah Dream!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 11:56am
So who do people think are the most likely candidates to move up the seniors 

Personally I'd like to see : Smallbone, Coventry 100% brought up even if it is for Kenny to have a look at them at a training level (I know Coventry was called up before)

I know he gets a bit of stick but Lee O'Connor and Festy should be brought up it will probably be Coleman's last campaign next season so these two will probably be the backup and again will benefit from the experience (I know both have had spells)

Outside of those, perhaps Connolly to step back up, Wright maybe again to have a look in a senior perspective.

I'd imagine the likes of Kilkenny and Noss were injured but those two perhaps too?

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 11:57am
There’s a contract offer there it just hasn’t been signed is my take of it, he said (almost) as much when he was linked with the Bohs job a few weeks ago. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

So who do people think are the most likely candidates to move up the seniors 

Personally I'd like to see : Smallbone, Coventry 100% brought up even if it is for Kenny to have a look at them at a training level (I know Coventry was called up before)

I know he gets a bit of stick but Lee O'Connor and Festy should be brought up it will probably be Coleman's last campaign next season so these two will probably be the backup and again will benefit from the experience (I know both have had spells)

Outside of those, perhaps Connolly to step back up, Wright maybe again to have a look in a senior perspective.

I'd imagine the likes of Kilkenny and Noss were injured but those two perhaps too?

Lee O Connor is a defensive midfielder at league 2 club level, I think he’s miles off a senior cap at the minute to be honest. 

Wright also playing L2 and isn’t a wingback either, I really dunno what is gonna happen with this lads career, he blows hot & cold in the extreme. He was appalling when brought on last night. 

Smallbone & Coventry will definitely make the step up to squad level as we’re so short on midfielders 

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 12:09pm
Now don't jump all over me on this one but i do think Kenny would do a good job again for the under 21s 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 144145146147148>
  Share Topic