Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Under-21 Euro 2021 Qualifying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 103>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

The senior team defence and goalkeeper and the rest the current u21s.

The technical ability is a much higher level than the current team.

I also like that kenny had the tactical know how to see it wasn't working in the first half and changed it.

Think I'll just watch the u21s going forward. 

Good. You won't be missed. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:07pm

I also like that kenny had the tactical know how to see it wasn't working in the first half and changed it.

I’ll watch them in defence and we can swap notes afterwards.
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

Originally posted by Andrew00 Andrew00 wrote:

7/4 lads what a gift pays for few Christmas presents thank god 
Indeed, regret not doing -1 too

almost 5-1 for -1, absolutely ridiculous price
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

Was 5.6/1 in the exchanges. Agreed was silly numbers for this game. 
Had 30/1 on 3/1 But we were rampant so I cashed that out. I LOVE this team and they are totally underrated which helps. 

mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Had 30/1 on 3/1 But we were rampant so I cashed that out. I LOVE this team and they are totally underrated which helps. 

same... love them too lol what u mean 30/1 on 3/1??
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:34pm
You'd hope that 5/6 of this lads will push on over the next 12-18 months. Parrot, Idah, Mollumby, Ronan, Coventry are exactly the type of players that the seniors need. O'Connor excellent again but we're strong at RB for the moment. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:39pm

Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

same... love them too lol what u mean 30/1 on 3/1??
Meant 30/1 on 3-1. 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I’ll watch them in defence and we can swap notes afterwards.
LOLLOLLOL
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 1:27am
Anyone got a link to highlights? 
giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 8:34am
Of last nights team, Lee O Connor, Collins, Coventry, Knight and Idah all still u19 eligible(3 of the 5 still eligible at that level next year too)

Bazunu and Parrott still eligible for the u17s Shocked

You’d fancy all of the above, as well as Ronan and Molumby to win senior caps.

On a less positive note, and at the risk of being overly negative, I was far from impressed with Masterson. I can’t see him playing at a high level within the next few years. Hopefully I’m wrong...
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 8:56am
Yeah, the fact we're flying with such underage players is incredible really.
I'd say SK will bring a few into his 1st squad as senior manger and that's to be looked forward to. 
I'm thinking Ronan and Molumby for sure as the seniors lack a bit in the middle.
Lee too but he'd be down the pecking order at FB you'd feel. 
We could do with more of these lads getting some gametime for their clubs before the summer comes around.

Exciting times. 
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 10:56am
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 11:00am
Big jump from under 18 to under 21 though. Unlike a lot of those under 18s these lads are already performing against mostly older players at Under 21 grade. Realistically there's probably seven or eight senior internationals in that under 21 squad at least and probably four or five that will win 30 caps plus. 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 11:02am
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

reality -v- fantasy what happens to under age 

Well, two of those are among our best ever players and another four played for the senior team. You could probably attribute part of our development into the World Cup 2002 team to some of the winning habits developed with our underage success at the time. Players learn how to win.

You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 11:04am

2 of those players were genuinely world class. So let's say in the current set up 2 players each from the 17's 19's and 21's break in to the senior team within 4 years that have real genuine quality and are playing with the top clubs in europe. Those 6 players along with our average players should be sufficient for us to qualify for a world cup finals. I take your point that players develop at different stages in their careers. But normally by the time they start to play u21 you have a fair idea.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 11:14am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

2 of those players were genuinely world class. So let's say in the current set up 2 players each from the 17's 19's and 21's break in to the senior team within 4 years that have real genuine quality and are playing with the top clubs in europe. Those 6 players along with our average players should be sufficient for us to qualify for a world cup finals. I take your point that players develop at different stages in their careers. But normally by the time they start to play u21 you have a fair idea.
They weren’t world-class at all, I mean that with the greatest of  respect to them! The phrase gets bandied about far too much . They were top class though and had excellent careers.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 11:20am
I love Dunne and Keane but neither were world class. Both Irish legends though. Clap
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 11:23am
I'd say the only player that we had that was genuinely 'world class' at club level around that time (other than Roy) was Damien Duff at the time he had just gone to Chelsea. Was a big signing and an integral part of a league winning team. He was only at that level very briefly though.

With the group we have at this stage, a lot of them are playing regular senior football and some have broken through with the seniors. Parrott and Connolly seem certs to be mainstays in the side for a long time. Obafemi has played for the seniors already. Molumby, Knight, Collins, Ronan and the LOI lads are all playing first-team football. As for the lads who aren't yet, O'Connor, Bazunu, Coventry, Scully, Afolabi and Idah are all very highly rated prospects who surely will for the most part go on to have decent careers.

The results and football played by this side are all the more impressive when you consider that a lot of them are U19 level - Parrott is still 17 for a good while yet.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 20 Nov 2019 at 11:30am
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 103>
  Share Topic