You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Umbro not for ÉIRE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 147>
Author
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DR.HUGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 9:30pm
elverys have the two new training T-shirts the dark one is nice but it’s disappointing that they have gone with the sticker crest…it’s just cheap prefer the stitched on crest.
Sponsored Links

drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Deco79 Deco79 wrote:

In fairness the current Home and Away jerseys are nice (Italia 90 rip offs in a way) and Umbro do do a unique piece or touch on a jersey for whatever club/country they produce gear for. 
I'd love adidas back myself but the contract is a hold up but both adidas and Nike have been lazy lately where nearly every club/country has the same templates. Norway away, Finland home are probably the only two that standout from the rest.
Puma awful and as others have said NewBalance are terrible
That centenary jersey could have been a lot better in terms of the neck and the crest

I think hummel would do a great job for us
Chips don't bounce
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

In fairness the current Home and Away jerseys are nice (Italia 90 rip offs in a way) and Umbro do do a unique piece or touch on a jersey for whatever club/country they produce gear for. 
I'd love adidas back myself but the contract is a hold up but both adidas and Nike have been lazy lately where nearly every club/country has the same templates. Norway away, Finland home are probably the only two that standout from the rest.
That centenary jersey could have been a lot better in terms of the neck and the crest

I've always liked Lotto.  The used to make class Holland and AC Milan jerseys.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Diadora too. Italy and Roma jerseys throughout the 90s/early 00s.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 10:52pm

+1 they make great gear. Interesting designs too 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Yeah the Italy 1990s stuff was very good.  Not the same seeing them with puma. Doesn't seem right.
Adidas is not the same as it was in the 80's early 90s.  The newer logo looks crap compared to the trefoil.

counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 11:02pm

The neck on the current home one is cat, always uncomfortable, tight, and it sits too high. I would be an average medium and the away one is fine. The rest of umbros training kit is nice though, the new balance polos weren't worth the cotton they had the crest printed on.
Centenary jersey material is actually better quality than it looks, I like the neck, it fits with retro vibe but the crest is awful and the colour of the shamrock seems off.

I'm like Brendan Courtney here
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 11:10pm

Yeah the Italy 1990s stuff was very good.  Not the same seeing them with puma. Doesn't seem right.
Adidas is not the same as it was in the 80's early 90s.  The newer logo looks crap compared to the trefoil.

Puma do some nice shirts to be fair but they're all just very generic. Same as Nike and Adidas these days. They come up with a "new" pattern or two every year and dish them out to everyone. Just change the colour and slap their crest on there.

Thats why I like Umbro. They still have a bit of individuality about them which each teams jersey they.
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 11:22pm

Hummel is a great shout.

How about Oneills? They've done some very nice Bohs gear in recent times.

And Irish made. Do we want our gear being made in sweat shops.....

Edited by B6 6HE - 05 Oct 2021 at 11:23pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 11:50pm

Puma do some nice shirts to be fair but they're all just very generic. Same as Nike and Adidas these days. They come up with a "new" pattern or two every year and dish them out to everyone. Just change the colour and slap their crest on there.

Thats why I like Umbro. They still have a bit of individuality about them which each teams jersey they.

Umbro 92-2000 made some great stuff. After that not so much.

The golden era of great shirts was around 1986-2000.  Everything has been done now at this stage and just rehashing old designs. In the late 80's early 90s nobody had seen kits like that before and they were totally new.

Edited by Trap junior - 05 Oct 2021 at 11:51pm

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 12:31am
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Hummel is a great shout.

Do O'Neills make their clothing in ireland? I'd be very, very surprised if they did.  
It would damage this forums' reputation
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 5:52am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Hummel is a great shout.

Do O'Neills make their clothing in ireland? I'd be very, very surprised if they did.  
I don’t believe they do. I recall reading some years back about it. They finish it here though which allows them to say made in Ireland. Maybe it has changed. They do have a factory in Strabane that made PPE during Covid.
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Hummel is a great shout.

I don’t believe they do. I recall reading some years back about it. They finish it here though which allows them to say made in Ireland. Maybe it has changed. They do have a factory in Strabane that made PPE during Covid.

yeah o'Neils make clothes in the strabane factory, half the town works there LOL
Deco79 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 9:53am
Hummel have really stepped up and making nice looking kits and training gear, the Denmark 3rd kit is class.
O'Neills would be interesting! would we have 3 stripes for Home games and 2 stripes for Away games? LOL
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 10:26am

Hummel have really stepped up and making nice looking kits and training gear, the Denmark 3rd kit is class.
O'Neills would be interesting! would we have 3 stripes for Home games and 2 stripes for Away games? LOL

Would happily go with Bohs style hear. Bob Marley away kit
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 10:32am
Hummel or O'Neills would be great for the EIRE. The Bohs kits are class
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Hummel or O'Neills would be great for the EIRE. The Bohs kits are class

Other shout would be adidas originals 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 10:45am
Why do PSG have Michael Jordan in place of the nike logo?   Whas all that about Jeff?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 147>
  Share Topic