You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ukraine Vs Ireland June 14th MATCH THREAD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ukraine Vs Ireland June 14th MATCH THREAD
    Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 9:11pm
Egan unlikely to play on Tuesday according to Kenny as he was playing through the pain barrier. All the more puzzling Lenihan or O'Shea didn't get some minutes once the win was secured.
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 9:14pm
That's a huge blow if Egan and Duffy gone. Pity
I love beer gardens
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 9:26pm
We'll be fine with Lenihan and O'Shea coming in, would be more concerned about Obafemi's fitness.  
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 9:59pm
Collins likely to play centre of the back three if both are out. Though hoping he'd play there even if Egan does actually play.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 10:14pm
Jimmy Dunne will maybe need to be called up now as cover, or else pull McGuinness in from the 21s. Probably Dunne given the 21s have a big game.

Would be a bit worried about O'Shea actually. I don't think he's looked right since the injury. Needs the summer and a good pre season to get back to where he was last year.

Edited by You Tell Me - 11 Jun 2022 at 10:15pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Jimmy Dunne will maybe need to be called up now as cover, or else pull McGuinness in from the 21s. Probably Dunne given the 21s have a big game.

Would be a bit worried about O'Shea actually. I don't think he's looked right since the injury. Needs the summer and a good pre season to get back to where he was last year.

Dunne was at the Ukraine game, presume he's still in Ireland so calling him up shouldn't be an issue.
We're decent enough..
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 9:24pm
Egan out along with Duffy, Dunne in.

Obafemi not listed as out so far anyway.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 9:29pm

Lenihan deserves a shot. 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 9:32pm
Cullen one yellow away from suspension. Would be a big loss losing him for the Scotland away game so hopefully doesn't pick up any bookings.
Dunne23 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 9:37pm
Is Coleman available? Any chance he could sit on the right of Collins and put Lenihan on the left? Fingers crossed on Obafemi
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Dunne23 Dunne23 wrote:

Is Coleman available? Any chance he could sit on the right of Collins and put Lenihan on the left? Fingers crossed on Obafemi
Nope colemans out

Edited by wanderer - 12 Jun 2022 at 9:39pm
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 10:43pm

TOD reported from Lodz tonight that Obafemi is desperate to play and that his fitness will be assessed tomorrow.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

TOD reported from Lodz tonight that Obafemi is desperate to play and that his fitness will be assessed tomorrow.

I'm sure he is, but the lad has been plagued by muscle-injuries for his whole career bar the last few months, so would be a big surprise were he to come fit from a groin-strain (even slight) within 3 days.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

I'm sure he is, but the lad has been plagued by muscle-injuries for his whole career bar the last few months, so would be a big surprise were he to come fit from a groin-strain (even slight) within 3 days.

Would he have travelled to Poland though if his chances of making the game were slim? In that case, returning to his club for treatment would be by far the better option (quite a few players have left the camp with injuries).
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 11:56pm
Obafemi said in one of the post-match interviews that it was an issue he had been dealing with all week. Hopefully is OK for another 50'-60'.

Figured Dunne would be called up, though as other say it'll most likely be Lenihan-Collins-Oshea starting. I'd worry about O'Shea though, was very poor last Wednesday vs Ukraine.

We should be calling up another midfielder too.
Start Cullen, Molumby & Knight in CM, and Browne at RWB again only leaves Hendrick & Hourihane on the bench. Considering Cullen has played almost 3 full 90's already, that isn't enough cover. I'd really like to see Coventry brought in as direct backup for Cullen.

With Coleman, Duffy & Egan all out I suppose McClean will probably Captain the side. Browne a possibility too.

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 10:07am
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Would he have travelled to Poland though if his chances of making the game were slim? In that case, returning to his club for treatment would be by far the better option (quite a few players have left the camp with injuries).

Good point, and here's hoping he can get an hour in.
Or just a goal and then stumble off Cool

Also the point on our midfield scarcity still stands since the squad was announced.
Even more so now one is being deployed as a RWB.

Wonder if Festy can make the matchday squad?
Did someone post that he may be carrying a knock?  Anyone know if he is in Poland?
Was good to see him celebrate with the lads on the pitch on Saturday.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 10:21am
Do we expect to see a stronger Ukraine team tomorrow then what we played last week?
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 10:44am
What sort of side did they put out against Armenia? I'd be surprised if they didn't go with a strong team in what'll be their home game.

I don't think Duffy will be a loss in this game, especially if we are looking to play it out again. He was useful defensively and offensively under crosses against Scotland but it won't be the same game agains Ukraine.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
  Share Topic