You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ukraine Away 14 June 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 52>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 11:59am
Back at Euro 2012 nobody wanted us to be drawn in Ukraine because apparently its a nightmare to travel through
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

MisterX View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 12:08pm
Booked the direct flights, Sunday to Thursday... Worry about where it is once I get that far anyway 😅
And once again, Monk's played it to Trojan, who's again switched to the left Bob.
- He must be ambidextrous, Bob.
I don't know about that, Bob. But he certainly can use both feet.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Back at Euro 2012 nobody wanted us to be drawn in Ukraine because apparently its a nightmare to travel through

It was at the time compared to Poland 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by conor253 conor253 wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Fwiw they played their first game (Switzerland) in the previous nations league in lviv. 
In the first Nations League they played both home games outside Kiev (Lviv and Kharkiv). The two games with attendences in the most recent nations league were both in Kiev.
their final home game of the wc qualifiers in october was in lviv, obviously with fans in attendance. i wouldn't read much into whether fans were at the game or not. chances are it'll be kiev but i wouldn't put my house on it.

Edited by colemanY2K - 17 Dec 2021 at 12:18pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 3:28pm
Good cheap high speed rail connections according to my Ukranian friend.  He has no idea where it will be played either.

I booked the direct Ryanair flights as well so lots of time to travel if needs be.  Of course if in Lviv better to go in via Poland or fly there.  For any of the other venues you are probably going via Kyiv anyway.  
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Good cheap high speed rail connections according to my Ukranian friend.  He has no idea where it will be played either.

I booked the direct Ryanair flights as well so lots of time to travel if needs be.  Of course if in Lviv better to go in via Poland or fly there.  For any of the other venues you are probably going via Kyiv anyway.  

Not from Kiev to Lviv, quite the opposite to be honest
Chips don't bounce
conor253 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conor253 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Not from Kiev to Lviv, quite the opposite to be honest
There is a train that is just over 5 hours, not too bad considering the distance. Sleeper train is another option.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 7:32pm
Yes he reckons 5 hours to Lviv and 4.5 to Kharkiv.  Obviously there are much better routes if it does end up in Lviv.  
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 12:28am
problem is it could be March before it’s confirmed.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 12:59am

Yes he reckons 5 hours to Lviv and 4.5 to Kharkiv.  Obviously there are much better routes if it does end up in Lviv.  

That must be new as it was always an overnight train when we looked at it over the years going to eurofan. 
Chips don't bounce
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 11:10am
Hotel booked, Will hang on a few months for flights, Will have to dust off my old Russian language skills Wink
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 7:32am
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Hotel booked, Will hang on a few months for flights, Will have to dust off my old Russian language skills Wink

SG
For a man of your new skills that shouldn't be an issue .
Hopefully see you at one of the aways
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 10:50am
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

SG
For a man of your new skills that shouldn't be an issue .
Hopefully see you at one of the aways

Well I have been speaking Russian since 2013 Wink 

Definitely sir, I will be attending them all !
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 1:29am

Knowing our luck this will be played in Lviv

Great spot, it would be a great trip 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 1:49am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

That's what you think

Vladimir Putin Smiling GIFs | Tenor
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Ukraine will be a great trip anyway.  
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 12:51pm
yeah but the uncertainty around the venue would stop me booking just yet
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

yeah but the uncertainty around the venue would stop me booking just yet

I know.  I booked straight away but probably safer to wait now assuming prices have shot up.  If it is in Lviv I have booked to soon and there are clearly better ways to get there.  Pretty much anywhere else though and via Kyiv is the way to go.  

The problem is we may not know the venue for a few months.  Of course the political situation is another concern.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 52>
  Share Topic