You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 435436437438439 532>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 10:52am
Fave election story this weekend has been that IDS knocked on the door of my friend's grandma and dad in Chingford. They thought the best thing they could do was invite him in for a cuppa and a 45 min chat so he wouldn't bother anyone else. Both voting Labour. Love to see it

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 11:03am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I have never met a Dub who didn’t complain about the ‘foreignders’. 

LOL
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 11:09am
Dub has it’s advantages too PM

Yet to find a street elsewhere like Harcourt St where you can easily get your flute away 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 3:54pm
There are two things PM can't stand: being intolerant of and casting aspersions on people and assigning them characteristics based on nothing more than where they are from, and the Dubs.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 02 Dec 2019 at 3:54pm
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 4:48pm
LOL
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 5:11pm

You said it was a daft statement and then agreed with me! Nothing in particular happened to me in Dublin, I just don’t like it. I’m sure I have explained before why, but the people are absolutely horrible and it has a horrible foreboding feel. It just isn’t for me, the fact  that people from there seem to think it is some sort of cultural capital and that the racism that blights the rest of Ireland is completely missing in Dublin, because it’s ‘so cosmopolitan’, is hilarious! I have never met a Dub who didn’t complain about the ‘foreignders’. 
Thumbs Up Well said. 31 f**k the dubs.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 5:15pm
The Tories have said they'll ban people travelling to the UK with a passport card.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

You said it was a daft statement and then agreed with me! Nothing in particular happened to me in Dublin, I just don’t like it. I’m sure I have explained before why, but the people are absolutely horrible and it has a horrible foreboding feel. It just isn’t for me, the fact  that people from there seem to think it is some sort of cultural capital and that the racism that blights the rest of Ireland is completely missing in Dublin, because it’s ‘so cosmopolitan’, is hilarious! I have never met a Dub who didn’t complain about the ‘foreignders’. 

Not true you met me Tongue sorry to be pedantic 
You were with one lunatic and I was with three, myself included, there is no way of verifying that you weren’t blaming the foreignders! To be fair, I thought that comment would get more bites.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 7:19pm
UKIP have a manifesto and apparently will stand in 44 constituencies.

Under 5k votes across the country?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

UKIP have a manifesto and apparently will stand in 44 constituencies.

Under 5k votes across the country?
They should have got the Dub in as leader, she would have got rid of the foreignders!
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Guppy Guppy wrote:

For some of us it is vital. I can’t imagine I will still be living here in a year if Johnson wins.

I agree it is vital, I’ll seriously have to consider moving to China or the Middle East if Corbyn wins. His list of taxes are ridiculous. I don’t fancy my job much in China but hey, if the UAE or Qatar won’t have me it’s better than Jeremy Land. 

Ireland is years behind England in particular in regards to racism etc. Britain has a much more diverse society from schooling, to the NHS. We’re still trying to get our heads around the Muslim faith in Ireland. 

every cloud and all that …...
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 8:27pm
BoJo will never get his head around Islam. His views are, like himself, a century out of date and out of touch. Anyway, I didn’t think I could want a Corbyn victory anymore. It just proves that we shouldn’t place limits on our ambitions...
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 8:37pm

For some of us it is vital. I can’t imagine I will still be living here in a year if Johnson wins.

I agree it is vital, I’ll seriously have to consider moving to China or the Middle East if Corbyn wins. His list of taxes are ridiculous. I don’t fancy my job much in China but hey, if the UAE or Qatar won’t have me it’s better than Jeremy Land. 

Ireland is years behind England in particular in regards to racism etc. Britain has a much more diverse society from schooling, to the NHS. We’re still trying to get our heads around the Muslim faith in Ireland. 

Yeah that must be why Ireland has had the likes of UKIP and the BNP win seats at European elections and a movement comparable to Brexit fuelled by anti immigrant rhetoric. 

Edited by the_walls - 02 Dec 2019 at 8:38pm
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 9:18pm

Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Yeah that must be why Ireland has had the likes of UKIP and the BNP win seats at European elections and a movement comparable to Brexit fuelled by anti immigrant rhetoric. 

Regardless, Britain is still a more cultural diverse country.

It even houses a Tory Shinner! 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 10:00pm

Kippers. Other racist parties. Ahem.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 02 Dec 2019 at 10:01pm
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 12:04am

That's blatantly obvious but how does more cultural diversity automatically equate to being a less racist society? 
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 12:42am

That's blatantly obvious but how does more cultural diversity automatically equate to being a less racist society? 

Culturally diverse but not culturally integrated. Lived here 4 years, Dublin 8 years before that. Racism is rife here, especially since Brexit, yeah I seen stuff spray painted on walls in Dublin but hear racism here as a matter of fact in normal every day conversation. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 7:59am

Ireland is years behind England in particular in regards to racism etc. Britain has a much more diverse society from schooling, to the NHS. We’re still trying to get our heads around the Muslim faith in Ireland

Speak for yourself Tory boy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 435436437438439 532>
  Share Topic