You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 532>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2015 at 7:13pm
This is getting a little out of hand

https://archive.today/cpsbN

Edited by colemanY2K - 08 Mar 2015 at 7:14pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2015 at 7:22pm
Little Englanders getting all uppity because Scotland may have a say in how the Governement is run, cannot wait to see their faces if SNP hold the balance of power

Edited by Denis Irwin - 08 Mar 2015 at 7:24pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2015 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

This is getting a little out of hand

https://archive.today/cpsbN

jesus I haven't laughed so much since I read Alan Partridges autobiography surely Massie and Partridge are interchangeable.

nobody real is that kowtowing deferential ?
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Galoglas View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galoglas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 11:16am
Usually the Brits couldn't care less about us but this time there seems to be quite a bit of coverage about whats happening in Scotland.  
I think we have finally managed to take the place of the Irish on that naughty step. Sorry.
Aberdeen have what money can't buy - a soul, a team spirit built in a family tradition"
Di Stefano
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Galoglas Galoglas wrote:

Usually the Brits couldn't care less about us but this time there seems to be quite a bit of coverage about whats happening in Scotland.  
I think we have finally managed to take the place of the Irish on that naughty step. Sorry.

Nah we've not been on the naughty step since the 90's. Everything's rosey in the garden between us and that includes the Shinners.

You lot on the other hand are stepping waaaaay out of line. How dare you use the democratic process to upset the Westminster applecart
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
londonirish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 1:38pm
The prospect of an snp presence in government is a frightening one to most down here!

I still think we'll see a conserative minority government. The UKIP treat is fading and the snp will wipe out labour. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by londonirish londonirish wrote:

The prospect of an snp presence in government is a frightening one to most down here!

I still think we'll see a conserative minority government. The UKIP treat is fading and the snp will wipe out labour. 
Going by the current polls a Conservative government cannot be formed and Labours only chance would be to cuddle up to the SNP and one of the Lib Dems, the Greens or Plaid Cymru http://gu.com/p/464t6

It'll surely change closer to the election but at this moment in time the polls would have to be drastically wrong for the SNP not to be the king makers in May. Even if the SNP only get a quarter of the seats predicted they will still be the king makers because the seats they would lose would go to labour in the vast majority of cases (maybe 1 or 2 to the lib dems) however labour would still come up short of a majority due to the lack of gains made in England over the past 5 years. They have only themselves to blame.

Having said that all the scaremongering going on at the moment might have the affect of pushing swing voters in England from Labour to the Conservatives thereby opening up the possibility of a Tory/ukip/DUP government. Nightmare!!!

Edited by colemanY2K - 09 Mar 2015 at 2:36pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by londonirish londonirish wrote:

Going by the current polls a Conservative government cannot be formed and Labours only chance would be to cuddle up to the SNP and one of the Lib Dems, the Greens or Plaid Cymru http://gu.com/p/464t6

It'll surely change closer to the election but at this moment in time the polls would have to be drastically wrong for the SNP not to be the king makers in May. Even if the SNP only get a quarter of the seats predicted they will still be the king makers because the seats they would lose would go to labour in the vast majority of cases (maybe 1 or 2 to the lib dems).

Having said that all this scaremongering going on at the moment might have the affect of pushing swing voters in England from Labour to the Conservatives thereby opening up the possibility of a Tory/ukip/DUP government. Nightmare!!!

agreed - the SNP will hold he balance of power but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll end up in power. Remember, there doesn't have to be a coalition. 

The tory's can stay in power in a minority gov providing no government can be formed. Dave effectively locks the front door, pulls down the blinds and and says better luck next time chaps. the PM in a minority government doesn't have to be from the biggest party. He's the sitting PM.

labour need the snp for a coalition but i dont think they'll do a deal. imo the snp would prefer labour to be wiped out and Dave stays as PM as it will strengthen their objectives - let's break from these tory blue blooded b@st@rds! The snp has no long term aim/ desire to be in government in london, certainly not propping up labour. if anything it will blur the lines too much between labour/ snp. 

I no longer think the threat from ukip is crebible enough to displace Dave. It's fading. Euro elections was one thing, this is a general. The thought of labour and the snp in power is enough to turn most purple voters back to blue. That said i still reckon they'll get 5-6 seats. The DUP are run by loons who think the world was created in 7 days. No chance they'll be included in the big talks, not unless it gets very messy.

Either way it's going to be interesting. I still have no idea who or sadly even if i'll vote.

Edited by londonirish - 09 Mar 2015 at 2:38pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 2:44pm
A minority tory government would get nothing passed in parliament and soon collapse. The possibility of an autumn election looms large if labour don't form a government. Whatever happens the markets are going to be volatile this summer.

Edited by colemanY2K - 09 Mar 2015 at 3:10pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 3:09pm
that's if the public will stomach another election.  I agree though a con/ lab minority government wouldn't last. 

If labour do get it, expect Dave to get the boot in the morning and MP Boris to the rescue!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 3:21pm
Agreed re Boris. There is no other candidate out there that is as shrewd and cunning as him.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 3:32pm
The amount of fear within Labour and the Tories about the realistic Possibility of the SNP holding the balance of power after the election is hilarious
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 4:09pm
The tory fear could push up the SNP vote, to much amusement from me
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 4:25pm
Scottish polls have been notoriously inaccurate down the years. The only time they were consistent with the final outcome was during the referendum last year. I expect a surge in the numbers of SNP MPs but nowhere near the numbers Lord Ashcroft has been reporting.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 4:30pm
It depends, if the tories keep telling Scotland it is a bad thing......
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 6:46pm
Bringing back the 50P rate. That'll be great for business alright. 
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Galoglas View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galoglas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 7:03pm
I'd be surprised if we get all the seats that the polls are predicting ,certainly enjoying the chaos it is causing though.
The SNP won't go in a coalition with Labour.Unlike the Lib Dems the SNP have no interest in cabinet posts .What the SNP might do is back Labour on a case by case basis.
The SNP focus remains the same as it has since it was formed and thats independence and if the Brits get so upset they throw us out the union then great.
It'll be an interesting election and if that dangerous clown Johnson or his sidekick Farage gets near the reins of power we'll be off and building the highest wall ever at the border.Wink 
Aberdeen have what money can't buy - a soul, a team spirit built in a family tradition"
Di Stefano
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Bringing back the 50P rate. That'll be great for business alright. 

if the tories just took the tax their friends owed....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 532>
  Share Topic