You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 488489490491492 532>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 9:10am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Labour's problems resurfacing now the attention is away from COVID. As previously predicted.

Shadow Cabinet members sharing antisemitic on Twitter, been immediately sacked for it which means Starmer has done more for the Labour party in 1 day than Corbyn did in 5 years, even if he is a Tory at heart.

That country is mad. All she did was say something about Israel. Why in the UK is everyone automatically barred from saying anything bad about Israel? Is it an anti Muslim thing or something? 

It’s a f**king joke, Israel is an apartheid state but if you criticise it you get labelled anti-Semitic.

There’s a difference in anti-Zionism and anti-semitism.

100%

You simply cannot criticize Israel.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 9:21am
It seems fairly obvious in this instance it was purely used as an excuse to get ride of someone Starmer didn't want - namely an ex-leadership rival and also someone who was very close to Corbyn.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 9:44am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

It seems fairly obvious in this instance it was purely used as an excuse to get ride of someone Starmer didn't want - namely an ex-leadership rival and also someone who was very close to Corbyn.
and someone who it seems from the tweet doesn’t think very politically. The last thing labour needs is the anti-Semitism topic coming up again and again.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 11:52am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 12:03pm
Have the people complaining about this situation actually read what was said? Or is this another rush to judgement when they see the words “Labour” and “Anti-Semitism”
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 12:25pm
So it's not down to Bozo and his inept cabinet but it's all down to the weather.

😂😂😂

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 3:07pm

Even more bad news as the company who runs Eldon Square and The Metrocentre, the 2nd and 3rd biggest shopping centres in the UK - Only The Trafford Center is bigger - Is on the verge of going bust, my job affected by this too.

Bump. Didn't realise the company owned The Trafford Centre also Shocked Also own The Lakeside complex where they host the BDO Darts.

They've gone into administration today, that's the 3 biggest shopping centres in the UK at the risk of closure including logistics and supply chains is a whopping 132,000 jobs at risk now.

Mine's 1 of them as I work in Eldon Square.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 5:33pm
Labour MP's revolting over the sacking of Long-Bailey.
The MP's were predominantly part of Corbyn's front bench team. 

Yet more internal fighting, they just don't learn do they.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 6:16pm
Labour are revolting generally.

To put this issue into some kind of meaningful context, Starmer's a longstanding member of Labour Friends of Israel and is married to a Jewish woman with whom he has children; Judaism obviously being based down through maternal lineage. He's also received large sums of money from prominent Zionist sponsors. Zionism is a fundamentally racist, white supremacist ideology.

I would never vote for the Labour party under current circumstances.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 27 Jun 2020 at 6:18pm
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 7:10pm

Even more bad news as the company who runs Eldon Square and The Metrocentre, the 2nd and 3rd biggest shopping centres in the UK - Only The Trafford Center is bigger - Is on the verge of going bust, my job affected by this too.

Bump. Didn't realise the company owned The Trafford Centre also Shocked Also own The Lakeside complex where they host the BDO Darts.

They've gone into administration today, that's the 3 biggest shopping centres in the UK at the risk of closure including logistics and supply chains is a whopping 132,000 jobs at risk now.

You should be safe, the council are the landlords there and won't leave it close as it would destroy the city centre. 

It looks like half the pubs aren't going to open next Saturday in Newcastle and are waiting until the Monday. It's going to be a circus for a few weeks, you'll have your hands full working security. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

You should be safe, the council are the landlords there and won't leave it close as it would destroy the city centre. 

It looks like half the pubs aren't going to open next Saturday in Newcastle and are waiting until the Monday. It's going to be a circus for a few weeks, you'll have your hands full working security. 

Intu are the majority landlords, 60/40 split with the council.

Eldon should get snapped up by another company but only owning 60% of the shares they're not going to pay massive for it. 

I think Metrocentre is f**ked however. Close proximity to Eldon, rise of high street stores shutting down trade there, more notably Debenhams biggest store was in Metrocentre and they bailed a fortnight ago.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 2:44am
Will the UK really let 3million Hong Kongers in? The price of rent in London will skyrocket beyond what it is.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 8:57am

Will the UK really let 3million Hong Kongers in? The price of rent in London will skyrocket beyond what it is.

Those with £££££££ in the bank they will
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Last year i was in HK went to see a friend who has this tiny appartment , anyway he said he was lucky when he bought the place 30 years ago as now he would have to pay €1.3 million on todays market .
 Trust me NR his whole flat would fit into our lounge area in our house .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Last year i was in HK went to see a friend who has this tiny appartment , anyway he said he was lucky when he bought the place 30 years ago as now he would have to pay €1.3 million on todays market .
 Trust me NR his whole flat would fit into our lounge area in our house .

murph, I have news for you - your lounge area  is enormous
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 4:16am
If Labour don't have themselves sorted out by the 2030 election there's a very good chance Rishi Sunak will end up as the next Prime Minister I'd say.

Although originally brought in as a yes man he is pretty much literally the only MP to come out the pandemic with favourable ratings, he hasn't done anything amazing just met the bare minimum standard with the furlough scheme etc and his emergency budget today is a very un-Tory like approach which will himself more fans - Any previous Tory PM, May, Cameron, Major, Thatcherwould of easily switched back on the austerity button in these circumstances whereas Boris decides to do the entire opposite and spend more.

Afterall it is Boris pulling the strings in #11 with Sunak being brought in as the yes man but the public won't see it that way and all the plaudits will end up with the latter. 

He does seem likeable, for a Tory anyways, I'm not sure about his nickname however.. Calling yourself the Punjab of Emmerdale is a bit on the cringe side.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 10:17pm
Tomorrow's Daily Mirror says BBC television news programmes may be axed

Whatever the truth of this, I've no doubt the Tories are already pushing for it behind the scenes

They would love a US style television "news" environment in Britain

Last year Johnson threatened to revoke C4's licence because C4 rightly barred Michael Gove from a "leader's debate" when Johnson didn't bother his arse to turn up

British media is already bad enough as it is without losing BBC News - which the Tories have being trying to run into the ground for years, and which certainly has its faults, mostly because of that - but is still a massively important source of information for the public

Edited by sid waddell - 20 Aug 2020 at 10:19pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 1:50am
I'm not sure you've read the script properly.

The BBC are nearly as bad as The Daily Mail when it comes to Tory favourtism.

Laura Kuenssberg is up there with Kay Burley when it comes most hated TV journalists purely because she doesn't even attempt to hide the fact she's a Tory donor
The fact she's been repriamanded by OFCOM and The Electrol Commission on numerous occasions emphasises it. 

Was only the last GE where she was scheming for the Tories again by leaking the postal vote count live on air, that's effectively election fraud which no doubt the Tories gave a few backhanders to do, so why the Tories would benefit from getting rid of BBC News which means getting rid of her is beyond me.

Edited by coyne - 21 Aug 2020 at 1:52am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 488489490491492 532>
  Share Topic