You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 442443444445446 532>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

But. He. Has.

He did eventually - But his dithering was not a good look. 
Should have been as decisive as John McDonald on this. 
He first apologised over 18 months ago, if I remember rightly, and has done on several occasions since. I also have no idea who John McDonald is and why he apologised.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 9:37am

But. He. Has.

He did eventually - But his dithering was not a good look. 
Should have been as decisive as John McDonald on this. 
He first apologised over 18 months ago, if I remember rightly, and has done on several occasions since. I also have no idea who John McDonald is and why he apologised.

Bloody predictive text - I obviously meant McDonnell.

So, why did Corbyn not reference this apology and maybe reiterate it? He chose not to do that several times initially on TV before eventually doing it. I watched that with my head in my hands thinking it was playing right into the Tories hands. It just gave them more ammo to fire at him. 
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 9:45am
Looks likely Boris will get his majority but it is all going to depend on the margin. If he gets around 340 seats its a narrow enough majority that he might struggle to get the legislation through without any hassle or amendments. There are also murmurings of judicial reviews to be taken by the DUP and other Unionists over the legality of Boris deal. Whether that has any chance of success I don't know. BBC has done an excellent series of articles on the main leaders. Here is a link if anyone is interested, they are a long read but worth it.

Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 9:48am
He has, several times. It’s ridiculous at this stage. Anti-Semitism has only become a thing since 2015. There was 18 mentions of his name in the media connected to it before then, all to do with him condemning it. There are over 10,000 since. To put that in context, there have been 164 about Johnson and Islamophobia. I will try and dig out the article later.

He cannot keep apologising, because they will just find a different stick to beat him with it. The British media, particularly the BBC, have been an utter disgrace.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 9:54am

He has, several times. It’s ridiculous at this stage. Anti-Semitism has only become a thing since 2015. There was 18 mentions of his name in the media connected to it before then, all to do with him condemning it. There are over 10,000 since. To put that in context, there have been 164 about Johnson and Islamophobia. I will try and dig out the article later.

He cannot keep apologising, because they will just find a different stick to beat him with it. The British media, particularly the BBC, have been an utter disgrace.

And I think ultimately, this dismissive attitude to it may be one of the factors that leads to the Conservatives getting back in. And let me be fully clear, that is the last thing I want to happen. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 9:58am
Whatever he has or hasn’t done, he has never been dismissive of it.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 10:05am

No, I was talking about you being dismissive of it and then being the same of some of those in the labour party. I would love for labour to have owned this, gone on the front foot, made sure that any perceptions about them not taking this issue seriously could easily be pulled apart and then go for the Tories highlighting the islamophobia that exists in their party. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 10:08am

No, I was talking about you being dismissive of it and then being the same of some of those in the labour party. I would love for labour to have owned this, gone on the front foot, made sure that any perceptions about them not taking this issue seriously could easily be pulled apart and then go for the Tories highlighting the islamophobia that exists in their party. 
How could they? Have you not watched or read the media? It was outlined in the f**king manifesto! What else can they do? The media want to ask about nationalising sausages.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 10:19am

How could they? Have you not watched or read the media? It was outlined in the f**king manifesto! What else can they do? The media want to ask about nationalising sausages.

Yes, I've watched loads of media. And the fact that the message is not getting out there shows what they were doing was not effective. Just go back and watch how Corbyn dealt with that question when he talked with Andrew Neil and then see the publicity that got after. He could easily have handled that better. 

Ultimately, the people put you into power - You might feel that you've answered something in the eyes of the people but if they are telling you otherwise then ultimately the problem isn't with them. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 10:28am
No, the reason it isn’t getting out there is because they don’t want it to. The media bias has been unbelievable. No matter what he did, the media would hound him. There was more reaction to him being scrutinised by Neil, a terrible interviewer, than Johnson’s avoidance of same. It’s rigged.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 10:29am
Will Corbyn go if the Torys get a majority 
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 11:05am

This is 100% correct. It's an utter red herring trumpeted by a media dead set against him from day one.

He's been stuck between a rock and a hard place with Brexit hence the fudging. Labour's traditional vote is pro Brexit. They're lost if he comes out saying outright he won't go through with it. He's right that the EU needs major reform as well which has always been his positon. 

Labour was dead after Blair, Brown and Milliband had moved it to Tory light. He's managed to outperform Milliband's election last time despite constant attacks from the media on the right, the Blair wing of his own party and their cheerleaders from the supposed liberal media in the likes of the guardian. Done alright to even be in the equation under those circumstances.

We're such cheerleaders for the EU in this country that all the media coverage over here is massively skewed and can't seem to accept that rightly or wrongly, 52% of the Brits wanted to leave. I think it's a bad idea personally but it's their choice.

Anyway, a Boris win is another step closer to the break up of the union which is some consolation. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Guppy Guppy wrote:

No, the reason it isn’t getting out there is because they don’t want it to. The media bias has been unbelievable. No matter what he did, the media would hound him. There was more reaction to him being scrutinised by Neil, a terrible interviewer, than Johnson’s avoidance of same. It’s rigged.

Take it you don’t read the Guardian then. ‘It’s rigged’ ffs sound like Donald Trump running around with his fake news sh*te. The electorate are smart enough to decide who should lead them. Blaming the media is similar to a bad tradesman blaming his tools. It’s a pathetic argument 

The Guardian. LOLLOLLOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 11:12am

Take it you don’t read the Guardian then. ‘It’s rigged’ ffs sound like Donald Trump running around with his fake news sh*te. The electorate are smart enough to decide who should lead them. Blaming the media is similar to a bad tradesman blaming his tools. It’s a pathetic argument 
Says the Trump supporter.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

This is 100% correct. It's an utter red herring trumpeted by a media dead set against him from day one.

He's been stuck between a rock and a hard place with Brexit hence the fudging. Labour's traditional vote is pro Brexit. They're lost if he comes out saying outright he won't go through with it. He's right that the EU needs major reform as well which has always been his positon. 

Labour was dead after Blair, Brown and Milliband had moved it to Tory light. He's managed to outperform Milliband's election last time despite constant attacks from the media on the right, the Blair wing of his own party and their cheerleaders from the supposed liberal media in the likes of the guardian. Done alright to even be in the equation under those circumstances.

We're such cheerleaders for the EU in this country that all the media coverage over here is massively skewed and can't seem to accept that rightly or wrongly, 52% of the Brits wanted to leave. I think it's a bad idea personally but it's their choice.

Anyway, a Boris win is another step closer to the break up of the union which is some consolation. 
And how that referendum has been treated by the media has also been disgraceful. Either condescension or fear monger gets with no in between. Britain’s media, particularly the BBC, needs a complete overhaul.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 11:49am

I don't think that's true. I think the media here and people in general while thinking Brexit is absolutely bonkers and shows the Brits in a far from favourable light, fully accept that the British are fully entitled to leave the EU if they want, as long as they don't screw up the situation in the North. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

I don't think that's true. I think the media here and people in general while thinking Brexit is absolutely bonkers and shows the Brits in a far from favourable light, fully accept that the British are fully entitled to leave the EU if they want, as long as they don't screw up the situation in the North. 

I don't think the two points are mutually exclusive. I agree that it's bonkers and it shows them in a bad light. But i see some very biased coverage outside of the situation with the North. There's very little ctiticism of the EU (which I'm broaadly in favour of as originally imagined) in our media or political discourse despute them absiolutely screwing us over the bailout. There wasn't any outrage over us being forced to vote again twice after rejected referendums We dof our cap to them.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 12:30pm

Are they f**k.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 442443444445446 532>
  Share Topic