You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - UK Politics Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 439440441442443 470>
Author
Message
coyne View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Avatar

Joined: 17 Aug 2013
Location: Sunderland
Status: Online
Points: 13972
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 11:11pm
1 seat the Tories definitely won’t be getting is Amber Rudd’s seat.
Tonight she said disabled people should get less than minimum wage as they can’t handle money.

And can we stop replying to the fantasist already. Just giving him the attention he craves.
Back to Top
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
I am MALDING

Joined: 30 Nov 2014
Location: Trumpton
Status: Offline
Points: 38842
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 11:43pm
Social mobility in the UK is virtually stagnant. You can be anything you want to be, as long as you come out of the right vagina. 

There is a Blairite party, they are called the Liberal Democrats and have proved that the centre won’t hold. 

Given how the media have demonised him he has proved he is very likeable indeed. He is being warmly welcomed by those who work on the frontline, those who have seen what nine years of Tory cuts and forty years of neoliberalism have done. The Tory campaign is about hiding behind a media that needs them to win.


Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Back to Top
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar

Joined: 07 Oct 2008
Location: Virgin Islands
Status: Offline
Points: 6244
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 1:04am
’ you can be anything you want to be as long as you come out of the right vagina’ 
Well put but Is that not always the way? 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Back to Top
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
I am MALDING

Joined: 30 Nov 2014
Location: Trumpton
Status: Offline
Points: 38842
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 8:12am
Nelson Mandela! LOL Dunning-Krueger is in full effect.

Nobody proves how meritocratic Britain is today than the life of a dead South African socialist.LOL
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Back to Top
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Joined: 22 Feb 2011
Location: Dublin/Donegal
Status: Offline
Points: 5563
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 8:41am
Originally posted by Guppy Guppy wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Whatever the final results, the one thing we now know is that there is a need and an appetite for a democratic socialist party in Britain and there is one for the first time in decades. Blair won’t work anymore, because it didn’t work then, and he was years ahead of this sh*t show. 
Not everyone can see through the media haze, but they are slowly realising that Tories only care for themselves. Corbyn has been brilliant for people, he may well have been too nice and too honest in facing down an establishment that has tried every trick in the book to undermine him. 

Daily life for many is hardship, under the most despicable and cruel man it England it would only get worse. Only vile, cruel racists, sociopaths and idiots would vote for him; unfortunately there are plenty of them.

To highlight the media bias, again, Ian Austin, a relative political nobody, got more media coverage for telling people not to vote Labour than former Prime Minister John Major got for telling people not to vote Tory. To win in the face of that would be astounding, but I think there is a chance. 

There is no appetite for a socialist party, Corbyn is about to be rejected for the second time. How on earth is there a mandate?! The evidence suggests there is no mandate and it’s time labour just went back to the centre. Corbyn was deemed unlikable tonight from his debate...... Boris Johnson is apparently more likeable LOL so the honesty card is nonsense. He’s simply not likeable. 

Blair worked then, and would work now. He got the economy to a strong position. The reality in Britain is, no one is as far right as Johnson, but no one is as far left as Corbyn and if you’re asked to pick between the lesser of two evils you’ll take Johnson. You’re taxes won’t sky rocket, you won’t pay new made up taxes, you’ll be allowed and encouraged to get on the property market. When it boils down to it, most care what’s left in their pay packet at the end of the month.  

I don’t crave attention, this forum is filled with socialists and communists. I give the other side, the capitalist ‘American Dream’. You work hard enough, you’ll get the rewards. Anyone can become anything they want, if they w0rk hard enough and take chances. Not if the government hands it to them via higher taxes. 
Don't follow English politics as closely as most on here but watched the debate last night. Don't know how anyone could find Corbyn more unlikeable than that other buffoon. Had nothing of substance to say, just brought it back continually to Get Brexit Done. Corbyn on the other hand seemed warm, empathetic and enthusiastic. He was articulate and seemed to back up what he was saying. I understand why people in the South of England might have some reason for voting Tories but go further north and to the deprived areas and you'll see and understand the distain that the Tories have for those less fortunate. The media have been an utter disgrace also. Loved my two years living in Manchester but living there during this election knowing the Tories are going to get in would infuriate me. I'm not saying JC is the answer to all the countries ills but he would do a good sight better than that fool I would anticipate
Back to Top
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar
Man City records obsession

Joined: 20 Mar 2012
Location: Dundalk
Status: Offline
Points: 7213
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 9:07am
The majority in London would be Tories but simply don’t want Brexit done.

Rock and a hard place. 

Back to Top
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
I am MALDING

Joined: 30 Nov 2014
Location: Trumpton
Status: Offline
Points: 38842
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

The majority in London would be Tories but simply don’t want Brexit done.

Rock and a hard place. 
Would they? The safest seats in London are all Labour. London, like most urban areas, is Labour heartland. Hackney, Tottenham and East Ham are three of the safest seats in Britain. The people in the demonised areas, those parts of London that are forced to use food banks, the ones who fear their houses aren’t safe, no why their bread isn’t buttered. 
I think you are confusing the City of London with London. Labour will take over fifty of the seventy-three seats here. The Tories andtheir sandal wearing associates that benefited from Blair. Since a return to Labour values support for the party in London has grown. 
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Back to Top
Het-field View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton


Joined: 08 Mar 2016
Status: Offline
Points: 5227
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 10:14am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by Guppy Guppy wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Whatever the final results, the one thing we now know is that there is a need and an appetite for a democratic socialist party in Britain and there is one for the first time in decades. Blair won’t work anymore, because it didn’t work then, and he was years ahead of this sh*t show. 
Not everyone can see through the media haze, but they are slowly realising that Tories only care for themselves. Corbyn has been brilliant for people, he may well have been too nice and too honest in facing down an establishment that has tried every trick in the book to undermine him. 

Daily life for many is hardship, under the most despicable and cruel man it England it would only get worse. Only vile, cruel racists, sociopaths and idiots would vote for him; unfortunately there are plenty of them.

To highlight the media bias, again, Ian Austin, a relative political nobody, got more media coverage for telling people not to vote Labour than former Prime Minister John Major got for telling people not to vote Tory. To win in the face of that would be astounding, but I think there is a chance. 

There is no appetite for a socialist party, Corbyn is about to be rejected for the second time. How on earth is there a mandate?! The evidence suggests there is no mandate and it’s time labour just went back to the centre. Corbyn was deemed unlikable tonight from his debate...... Boris Johnson is apparently more likeable LOL so the honesty card is nonsense. He’s simply not likeable. 

Blair worked then, and would work now. He got the economy to a strong position. The reality in Britain is, no one is as far right as Johnson, but no one is as far left as Corbyn and if you’re asked to pick between the lesser of two evils you’ll take Johnson. You’re taxes won’t sky rocket, you won’t pay new made up taxes, you’ll be allowed and encouraged to get on the property market. When it boils down to it, most care what’s left in their pay packet at the end of the month.  

I don’t crave attention, this forum is filled with socialists and communists. I give the other side, the capitalist ‘American Dream’. You work hard enough, you’ll get the rewards. Anyone can become anything they want, if they w0rk hard enough and take chances. Not if the government hands it to them via higher taxes. 
Don't follow English politics as closely as most on here but watched the debate last night. Don't know how anyone could find Corbyn more unlikeable than that other buffoon. Had nothing of substance to say, just brought it back continually to Get Brexit Done. Corbyn on the other hand seemed warm, empathetic and enthusiastic. He was articulate and seemed to back up what he was saying. I understand why people in the South of England might have some reason for voting Tories but go further north and to the deprived areas and you'll see and understand the distain that the Tories have for those less fortunate. The media have been an utter disgrace also. Loved my two years living in Manchester but living there during this election knowing the Tories are going to get in would infuriate me. I'm not saying JC is the answer to all the countries ills but he would do a good sight better than that fool I would anticipate

The “Get Brexit Done” thing is entirely used as it’s Corbyn’s Achilles Heel. Labour were the only party with an uncertain position, but now it’s just a position that has no reason to satisfy leavers or remainers. That’s fully in the knowledge that Johnson has a deal, the LDs, Greens and SNP are staunch remainers and the BxP would be open to a clean Brexit. As I said last night, this has been a strategy that has ultimately stifled the debate and the Tories will be pleased with that as they’ve not had to debate more granular policies and the smaller parties have let Brexit become the central issue. I maintain that Corbyn would be on his way to Number 10 next week had he come down on either side in the Brexit debate. Especially as there are places out that that simply won’t vote Tory and there were constituencies swayed by Brexit.
Back to Top
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
I am MALDING

Joined: 30 Nov 2014
Location: Trumpton
Status: Offline
Points: 38842
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 10:23am
The sandal wearers have changed their position on Brexit, so it can’t be that clear. Given that Labour seem to be picking up support from them it would seem that the common sense policy is working in that regard. It is the ‘leave at all costs’ northern working-class that are proving harder to convince.
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Back to Top
Het-field View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton


Joined: 08 Mar 2016
Status: Offline
Points: 5227
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 10:26am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The sandal wearers have changed their position on Brexit, so it can’t be that clear. Given that Labour seem to be picking up support from them it would seem that the common sense policy is working in that regard. It is the ‘leave at all costs’ northern working-class that are proving harder to convince.

It’s not “common sense” though, it’s transparent and cynical. The LDs will struggle next week.

Corbyn would be PM with a strong Brexit position either way.


Edited by Het-field - 07 Dec 2019 at 10:26am
Back to Top
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
I am MALDING

Joined: 30 Nov 2014
Location: Trumpton
Status: Offline
Points: 38842
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The sandal wearers have changed their position on Brexit, so it can’t be that clear. Given that Labour seem to be picking up support from them it would seem that the common sense policy is working in that regard. It is the ‘leave at all costs’ northern working-class that are proving harder to convince.

It’s not “common sense” though, it’s transparent and cynical. The LDs will struggle next week.

Corbyn would be PM with a strong Brexit position either way.
I disagree completely and certainly isn’t the reaction I get when talking about it. If Corbyn had picked a side he wouldn’t have stood a chance. You can’t campaign to bring people together and be divisive. It was his only hope. 
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Back to Top
Het-field View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton


Joined: 08 Mar 2016
Status: Offline
Points: 5227
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 10:43am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The sandal wearers have changed their position on Brexit, so it can’t be that clear. Given that Labour seem to be picking up support from them it would seem that the common sense policy is working in that regard. It is the ‘leave at all costs’ northern working-class that are proving harder to convince.

It’s not “common sense” though, it’s transparent and cynical. The LDs will struggle next week.

Corbyn would be PM with a strong Brexit position either way.
I disagree completely and certainly isn’t the reaction I get when talking about it. If Corbyn had picked a side he wouldn’t have stood a chance. You can’t campaign to bring people together and be divisive. It was his only hope. 

In contrast, it’s the only reaction I get, even from friends who have been staunch fans of Labour for ages. If the sides weren’t so entrenched it might make sense, but walking into an election without stating a position, only to say your strategy will involve neutrality and possible Brexit or possible remain satisfied nobody, as this has become a binary issue. Also, Corbyn was never neutral on the EU or integration before, nor was he neutral in 2016. Leaders need to lead, and that includes appreciating that you can’t be all things to all people. And it looks cynical as Corbyn was like that historically.
Back to Top
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
I am MALDING

Joined: 30 Nov 2014
Location: Trumpton
Status: Offline
Points: 38842
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 11:08am
A lot of the ‘staunch’ Labour claimants were never such a thing. Most were Blairites. The time has changed. Capitalism is destroying our planet. Many of the middle-classes want to pull the drawbridge up, despite it impacting on them too. They are afraid of change and fairness, they just don’t have the balls to say it. So they will perpetuate the myth that they don’t like Corbyn to the working-class. My partner’s mother told her she couldn’t vote for Corbyn, yet the old **** only joined Labour because of Blair and left the NHS to earn more nursing privately. These are the ‘staunch’ types that keep appearing. Maureen Lipman has left the Labour Party more times than I have seen her act!  
There is a new generation coming through that demands better than the previous generation. Even Tory owned YouGov has Labour’s student vote at 72%(****s have 8%). You can dig up Churchill quotes about socialism all you want here, but that is huge. Capitalism is consuming the planet and change is needed. Most of these ‘staunch’ Labour people supported a movement that ignored the warnings. 

Corbyn’s view on the EU, no matter what it was, would have been demonised and ripped apart in the press. Most people who have followed his career will see what he is, but not giving credence to that he can’t be punished for it. Well, obviously he can because he is, but not the hammering he would take if he came out on either side. Again, it is fairly consistent with his view that the EU needs to be changed from within. Can you imagine the tabloid reaction if he said he was in favour of remain? Even if he went full Lexit they would skin him alive!

By the same token, Boris, who has flip-flopped on Brexit, and everything else, has gone unquestioned about his own previous support for remain. The only thing he has been consistent on is racism, homophobia and a disdain for anybody that didn’t share his privileges. 
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Back to Top
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2008
Location: Sunderland
Status: Offline
Points: 34342
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 11:17am
pM spot on with this
 
 
By the same token, Boris, who has flip-flopped on Brexit, and everything else, has gone unquestioned about his own previous support for remain. The only thing he has been consistent on is racism, homophobia and a disdain for anybody that didn’t share his privileges
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Back to Top
oldbilly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Avatar

Joined: 30 Sep 2016
Status: Offline
Points: 1344
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 11:53am
my interest in British politics stems from having a British other half, she’s always been labour voting and socially conscious through her work, frontline nursing. She is dismayed at the change in attitudes, outward racism and uninformed nationalist sh*te being spouted over there by people on the right.so much so she’s taking out an Irish passport and showing an inclination to go full paddy for the first time in 25 years. If even our narrow centre right no choice system appeals more than what’s on offer over there Britain’s in the sh*t.says she’d be a Corbyn voter if she still lived there as the man seems a decent type with good social policies but she feels the media bias against the left will swing it.
Back to Top
Jackal View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan
Avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2019
Status: Offline
Points: 111
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 11:55am
Have the Alliance any chance in East Belfast?
Back to Top
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
www.revolut.com

Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Location: Milan, Italy
Status: Offline
Points: 31292
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Have the Alliance any chance in East Belfast?


Terri reckons they are the main party. 
For all your Bitcoin enquiries contact David Meyler

Crap senior is my full time stalker.
Back to Top
Jackal View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan
Avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2019
Status: Offline
Points: 111
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 12:26pm
Did ya see the big unionist rally last night? They had a massive 30 foot union flag for the rally. However, the flag was the wrong way around.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 439440441442443 470>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.