You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 420421422423424 532>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 11:04am
General Election it is then it seems 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 11:11am
Why don't Labour have a remain manifesto?  Yer man Corbyn just seems to be like any other Tory brexiteer.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 1:26pm
Any **** that votes for that Mogg prick should be sterilised.

Edited by pre Madonna - 05 Nov 2019 at 1:26pm
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Any **** that votes for that Mogg prick should be sterilised.

Horrible piece of Tory sh*t.

Angry
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 3:53pm
Kind of opinion he should have kept to himself. But if I was in a burning tower block I'd be straight out of there, even if told to stay put.  Think most people would. Its whoever told people to stay that were lacking sense. Most buildings policy in event of fire is get out asap, leave personal belongings and get to nearest fire safety point and get accounted for. Cant blame people staying put if that's advice they were given. But I'm on 7th floor of apartment block, policy is get out asap. I wouldn't be waiting for further advice.

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by PaddyDaCulchie PaddyDaCulchie wrote:

Kind of opinion he should have kept to himself. But if I was in a burning tower block I'd be straight out of there, even if told to stay put.  Think most people would. Its whoever told people to stay that were lacking sense. Most buildings policy in event of fire is get out asap, leave personal belongings and get to nearest fire safety point and get accounted for. Cant blame people staying put if that's advice they were given. But I'm on 7th floor of apartment block, policy is get out asap. I wouldn't be waiting for further advice.

What if the fire has engulfed the 3rd or 4th floor of your building and the stairwells below you are infernos? Given the professional advice these people got was to stay put, they obviously assumed that their safest bet was to listen to the firefighters. 
El Puto Amo
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

What if the fire has engulfed the 3rd or 4th floor of your building and the stairwells below you are infernos? Given the professional advice these people got was to stay put, they obviously assumed that their safest bet was to listen to the firefighters. 

We have 4 different exits, biggest problem was design of the building with both cladding and only one stairwell. Also they thought fire could be contained. I still think I'd have left as I did in Dublin when fire broke out in one of apartments in Bolton square. I'd be f**ked if fire started and spread from other 2 bedrooms in flat each side of door here. They have replaced cladding here cos it was the same. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 7:35pm
Who has four different exits? What pile of sh*te are you on about at all? Another Marky Mark, you know he would have killed the bad men and saved the world? 
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 12:55am
The depths of hatred which the Tories and the likes of Arron Banks have for the working classes and especially people who live in social housing is absolutely frightening, it's fooking depraved.

Right-wing politics is utterly bankrupt, the Tories are now just feral class warfare merchants who, like Trump, Putin, Erdogan, Modi, Netanyahu, Bolsonaro, Orban and Le Pen etc., are literally using the propaganda techniques of Nazi Germany to rape and pillage a society.

All of these are mainstream right-wing, and all are far right. That's hat mainstream right-wing politics is these days - the far right.

Sadism is a hallmark of the far right. Trump, for instance, is demonstrably a sadist. You'd sort of expect the Tories to be a bit cannier and a bit more creative in cloaking their sadism, but it looks like that expectation was misplaced.

Edited by sid waddell - 06 Nov 2019 at 12:57am
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 5:42am
The instinct would be to try leave a burning building, but if the firefighters were telling you the safest thing to do was stay put, instinct would be overriden by the advice from those who ought to to know what is best.This  Re Smog guy looks like a real nerd.I can't believe he had said what he has.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 1:01pm
I must say, I like the fact that some parties have put aside political differences to fight for a central cause. The Remain Alliance deserves respect for its no partisan approach and to ensure maximum return for those who see the election for what it is.

I’m not overly worried that the SNP aren’t involved as there are really fighting for different seats and there is no chance of them standing in somewhere like Richmond, less still then actually picking up any consequential votes.
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 1:30pm

A stay put policy is pretty standard in a large building like that, it's mentioned in the regs and is pretty standard fire engineering. Compartmentalisation should allow the fire to be put out in a room/floor without need for those far away from it to be evacuated. There was a similar fire in a similar block in Birmingham the same month as grenfell, the service attended and the fire was contained and only those in the adjacent flats needed to be evacuated.
A stay put policy is seen as safe as it can prevent a crush/panic.

The stay put policy should ahve been rescinded earlier but there were over 5000 fires in purpose built blocks last year where stay put policies were in place and successfully implemented and compartmentation was effective.

Edited by Flanno7hi - 08 Nov 2019 at 5:17pm
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

A stay put policy is pretty standard in a large building like that, it's mentioned in the regs and is pretty standard fire engineering. Compartentalisation should allow the fire to be put out in a room/floor without need for those far away from it to be evacuated. There was a similar fire in a similar block in Birmingham the same month as grenfell, the service attended and the fire was contained and only those in the adjacent flats needed to be evacuated.
A stay put policy is seen as safe as it can prevent a crush/panic.

The stay put policy should ahve been rescinded earlier but there were over 5000 fires in purpose built blocks last year where stay put policies were in place and successfully implemented and compartmentation was effective.

Yeah I actually had a double check on procedures in my block in stockport, fire in your apartment its leave, fire in different apartment recommended stay put til advised otherwise. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 9:34pm
Keith Vaz not going to run for Labour.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Keith Vaz not going to run for Labour.

Given the option of standing down of his own accord instead of being deselected presumably 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 10 Nov 2019 at 9:50pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 12:39pm
Brexit Party standing down in Conservative held constituencies. Apparently 317 seats they won’t contest. 

How this was done, only time will tell. Farage may have blinked, or there is an agreement behind the scenes.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 4:10pm
Even as a Corbyn supporter and full-time cynic I was always sceptical of the supposed bias against him from the BBC, that changed today! 
Instead of using the coverage only from yesterday, where a clearly hungover and dishevelled looking Boris placed a wreath upside down at the cenotaph, as well as stepping out of line early, BBC Breakfast spliced it with footage from a couple of years back to make him look competent. 
A pitiful apology was tweeted earlier that fails to mention the splice and suggests they mixed up yesterday’s footage with something from three years back. Something isn’t right.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 9:20am
Jeremy Corbyn on the Andrew Marr show shortly.

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 420421422423424 532>
  Share Topic