You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 403404405406407 535>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Nicola Sturgeon has came out and backed him. I'd say the pay off is a second referendum. 

If this comes down to single digits it will put some pressure on the provos. 
No it won’t you plank 

And why won't it? The scummers call themselves a North and South party. They represent 2 states. This issue IS one of the biggest issues to affect both states since WW2. 
If jezza is down to single digits and the scummers are shouting from both sides of their mouth then pressure will come from all sides to take their seats. 
It could either do 2 things to the scummers if they took their seats 1. Both north and south they would have huge electoral success or 2. Quite the opposite. I'd be more confident on no.1 coming about if they did do it. I'd might actually vote for the ****s myself 
Sinn Fein will not take their seats. They have a mandate not to take their seats. Could you image if they took the oath, their entire support would collapse, everything they have ever stood for would be gone.

I can tell you on good authority that this has been discussed at higher level through a person I know who works within the scummers. They know it's make or break when  it comes to it. The lads in the Celtic jerseys singing scum tones songs won't be happy but the middle class voter would be much more favourable
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 11:30pm
So Boris is an arrogant Tory self serving anti eu bollocks.
Lib dems are rubbish.
Jezza is an arrogant leftie self serving anti eu bollocks.
Farage and his brexit girlies are all wank.
SNP want out.
Plaid cymru are f**ked cause wales is 50/50.
All without even talking NI and the sh*tstorm waiting to happen.

That referendum was one stooopid idea
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Well you can say it’s ludicrous if you like. Anti semitism is deeply pernicious and is often couched in the most dog whistle ways possible. In particular the anti semetic conspiracy of “influence”, or alliances which dates back years, and have been the very basis of most anti semitism. It is often harder to spot, as it’s not the same as Bojo’s statements that have rightfully been returned to. Then again, there are just some blatant anti Semitic tropes that Labour members have been disciplined for. The difficult thing is it often is reduced down to politics, and to simple value judgements which allows one persons anti Zionism to be another’s anti semitism. But the lines have now become so blurred that you can be forgiven for scanning any statement that claims to be anti Zionist for anti semitism.

Williamson’s statement that got him suspended was not the first. In 2017 he was actually significantly more dismissive as he was trying to stand out as a Corbynista acolyte. That was when he came to peoples attention first. Since then if it’s not been about democratising safe seats (as opposed to fighting for marginals which actually would make a noticeable difference), it’s been about Maduro, or Salisbury, or his solo run about doubling council tax on high value homes for which he was relieved of his duties as a shadow minister. 

I stopped reading when you stated "Corbynista acolyte" 

Ffs LOL

Ease off the Espresso Martini's Tory boy 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 7:56am

Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Nicola Sturgeon has came out and backed him. I'd say the pay off is a second referendum. 

If this comes down to single digits it will put some pressure on the provos. 
No it won’t you plank 

And why won't it? The scummers call themselves a North and South party. They represent 2 states. This issue IS one of the biggest issues to affect both states since WW2. 
If jezza is down to single digits and the scummers are shouting from both sides of their mouth then pressure will come from all sides to take their seats. 
It could either do 2 things to the scummers if they took their seats 1. Both north and south they would have huge electoral success or 2. Quite the opposite. I'd be more confident on no.1 coming about if they did do it. I'd might actually vote for the ****s myself 
Sinn Fein will not take their seats. They have a mandate not to take their seats. Could you image if they took the oath, their entire support would collapse, everything they have ever stood for would be gone.

I can tell you on good authority that this has been discussed at higher level through a person I know who works within the scummers. They know it's make or break when  it comes to it. The lads in the Celtic jerseys singing scum tones songs won't be happy but the middle class voter would be much more favourable

LOL
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 8:20am

Well you can say it’s ludicrous if you like. Anti semitism is deeply pernicious and is often couched in the most dog whistle ways possible. In particular the anti semetic conspiracy of “influence”, or alliances which dates back years, and have been the very basis of most anti semitism. It is often harder to spot, as it’s not the same as Bojo’s statements that have rightfully been returned to. Then again, there are just some blatant anti Semitic tropes that Labour members have been disciplined for. The difficult thing is it often is reduced down to politics, and to simple value judgements which allows one persons anti Zionism to be another’s anti semitism. But the lines have now become so blurred that you can be forgiven for scanning any statement that claims to be anti Zionist for anti semitism.

Williamson’s statement that got him suspended was not the first. In 2017 he was actually significantly more dismissive as he was trying to stand out as a Corbynista acolyte. That was when he came to peoples attention first. Since then if it’s not been about democratising safe seats (as opposed to fighting for marginals which actually would make a noticeable difference), it’s been about Maduro, or Salisbury, or his solo run about doubling council tax on high value homes for which he was relieved of his duties as a shadow minister. 

I stopped reading when you stated "Corbynista acolyte" 

Ffs LOL

Ease off the Espresso Martini's Tory boy 
LOL
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 8:55am
Surprise surprise the liberated scabs of the Tories are back tracking and going to meet jezza. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 10:13am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Nobody is denying that anti-Semitism is horrible or pernicious or any of the rest. This is the sort of nonsense that I struggled with earlier, saying the obvious to avoid the actual matter in hand, which is a deliberate problem in this debate. This is blurring the lines. 

If Williamson was suspended for Salisbury, I could understand it. He wasn't. If he was suspended for being anti-Semitic, I could understand. If he was suspended for engaging with Holocaust deniers, I could understand. He was thrown out for saying Labour was 'too apologetic' on the matter, in a speech which in its full context describes that the party should have been standing up for itself to a media that is demonising it.
I don't agree with that. I don't think enough can ever be done against any and all racism and prejudice, but the wider point he was making is broadly correct and to be suspended for that is frankly absurd and shows that those who wanted to split the party are winning. I for one would like to welcome our new, bland and corporate leader, the one that looks like all other politicians everywhere, the type that meant Farage and Johnson and Trump could masquerade as anti-establishment and get away with it, by leaving.

By the way, I thought there was some merit on his council tax policy, albeit I would be more in favour of it on second homes.

To your first paragraph, I’m not making the obvious point that anti semitism is bad. It’s in the context of the comments by Naz Shah and Livingstone. The trope within Shah’s was extremely dubious, particularly given the large Jewish community in the USA. Of course what is regularly forgotten was her comment about a poll and who was “rallying” the skew the result. She had no choice but to apologise, and her apology was roundly accepted. This is in opposition to Ken Livingstone who was ultimately allowed resign from the party as opposed to actually dealing with his case in any meaningful way. The reports about the Willsman case would concern most people. Of course, Chris Williamson stands in solidarity with him.

Also, like I said, Williamson has shown a pattern of behaviour in relation to the matter, and this may well have been the last straw. And he has not helped himself in terms of party unity with his roadshow.He also doesn’t have the benefit of the long-standing consistency that has generally come with the likes of Corbyn, McDonnell, or Abbott (I’m not paying them a compliment). Be it his pragmatism (this is a compliment) when a Councillor, his leadership votes, or indeed his parliamentary voting record. Becoming more Corbyn than Corbyn himself has not made him immune.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 11:36am
It wasn’t anti-Semitic, to suggest it is undermines genuine anti-Semitism like Luciana Berger received on Twitter. That’s the problem though! You cannot criticise Israel or their policies. I don’t think she should have apologised, but her career was above principles to her. The ‘trope’( well done on continuing with the annoying language! I will give you points for that!) is that America backs Israel. It is f**king ****ish to try and claim that is anti-Semitic. 

The only thing Wilkinson has done wrong is his opinion on Salisbury, every other opinion, even those I disagree with, should not have been even mentioned in terms of disciplinary action. The whole thing is f**king depressing and inevitable.

Edited by pre Madonna - 16 Aug 2019 at 11:38am
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 11:58am

It wasn’t anti-Semitic, to suggest it is undermines genuine anti-Semitism like Luciana Berger received on Twitter. That’s the problem though! You cannot criticise Israel or their policies. I don’t think she should have apologised, but her career was above principles to her. The ‘trope’( well done on continuing with the annoying language! I will give you points for that!) is that America backs Israel. It is f**king ****ish to try and claim that is anti-Semitic. 

The only thing Wilkinson has done wrong is his opinion on Salisbury, every other opinion, even those I disagree with, should not have been even mentioned in terms of disciplinary action. The whole thing is f**king depressing and inevitable.

You’ve made a value judgement and read the situation in the most limited way it can be construed. As I said, it’s pernicious, and often not as blatant as other forms of bigotry. Also, the subsequent comments she made on Twitter about a poll were specific about the Jewish community and even if you absolved her previous comment, you can’t accept the latter as exclusively criticism of Israel.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 1:40pm
You can’t:I can. You don’t like Corbyn, you think Israeli genocide is acceptable and calling it out or making an observation is anti-Semitic.
It really is terrible as it undermines genuine anti-Semitism, but as long as it stops good people getting into power that is all that matters, right? 
That’s far more pernicious to me. By the way, is that the word of the week? These posts are brought to you by the meet seven, the letter ‘v’ and the word ‘pernicious’.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 1:51pm

You can’t:I can. You don’t like Corbyn, you think Israeli genocide is acceptable and calling it out or making an observation is anti-Semitic.
It really is terrible as it undermines genuine anti-Semitism, but as long as it stops good people getting into power that is all that matters, right? 
That’s far more pernicious to me. By the way, is that the word of the week? These posts are brought to you by the meet seven, the letter ‘v’ and the word ‘pernicious’.

1. I don’t think it’s acceptable. Shame on you for making a baseless accusation like that.

2.”It undermines genuine...” That’s the type of argument used by right wingers and anti feminists who want to deflect from genuine issues.

3. Why are you obsessed with my language? I haven’t picked you up on using annoying buzzwords like “neo-liberal” and “witch hunt”.

4. “Good People getting into power” Corbyn, Abbott, Williamson, McDonnell? Pull the other one.

Edited by Het-field - 16 Aug 2019 at 1:52pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 2:03pm
1. It isn’t baseless. I made a value judgement.

2. I don’t care what it is, in this instance it is certainly true. Calling out Israel’s relationship with America as cosy is not anti-Semitic.

3. Because it is annoying and I assumed you were doing it on purpose. I certainly hope mine annoys you!

4. They are genuinely good people. I don’t agree with them on everything, they are all very much to the right of me, but they have decent values. Proper Labour values that the neo-liberals have tried to wipe out. The creation of a political class over the past forty years is why disenfranchised people voted for Brexit and would do so again in the morning.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 2:10pm
1.It is baseless and was pointed at me. Baseless, totally baseless.

2. So say you. But perhaps you might google the story further and see Naz Shah’s apology, and her comments about the poll.

3. No I wasn’t doing anything on purpose.

4. “Good people getting into power”. Yeah, pull the other one.

I’m out.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 2:15pm

2. So say you. But perhaps you might google the story further and see Naz Shah’s apology, and her comments about the poll.

I’m out.

1. LOLWould you say that, in your opinion, personally like, that it was, possibly, without base? 

2.I know the story inside out. It doesn’t change my mind. 

3. f**king hell!

4. Yeah, what we really need is more corporate types. They have really helped us all! 

I’m in, I might be out later.

Edited by pre Madonna - 16 Aug 2019 at 2:16pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 2:20pm

I’m out.

1. LOLWould you say that, in your opinion, personally like, that it was, possibly, without base? 

3. f**king hell!

4. Yeah, what we really need is more corporate types. They have really helped us all! 

Right, I’m back.

1. Baseless

2. Of course it doesn’t change you mind. We know that. But luckily PM’s opinion isn’t the root of all fact.

3. Language please.

4. That doesn’t mean we need the Corbyn club. It really doesn’t. Being different doesn’t mean better.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 2:31pm

I’m out.

3. f**king hell!

Right, I’m back.

1. Baseless

2. Of course it doesn’t change you mind. We know that. But luckily PM’s opinion isn’t the root of all fact.

3. Language please.

4. That doesn’t mean we need the Corbyn club. It really doesn’t. Being different doesn’t mean better.
Thank f**k for that! I was worried!

1. It’s my ‘value judgement ‘. I feel I am closer to right than wrong.

2. I never said it was! That is without base, it has no base at all! 

3. You don’t like mine, I don’t like yours. Equal.

4. I see them as our last hope. Even if they get in, they are limited in what they achieve. To paraphrase Lisa Simpson, that great philosopher of our age, the whole system is wrong, but it least it would give us hope, in the fact that people hadn’t given up at least. 
If you think differently, fine. Most ****s seem to, but that doesn’t change this witch hunt for what it is. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 2:32pm
Witch-hunt my ass.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 4:38pm

Witch-hunt my ass.
If you supply the lube.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 403404405406407 535>
  Share Topic