You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 391392393394395 534>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Be either Stewart or Gove who goes tonight at 6pm. 

Many thought Stewart would be gone yesterday but as said last week there's a public appeal about him, I feel if he survives tonight he'll go far into the voting.

Boris doing the right thing by avoiding the cameras still like the plague, the longer he stays quiet the more chance he has of winning.

Ya stewart seems a decent type of guy. As you say there is a publuc appeal about him. Would he ever be a strong enough character to be PM though? 
That’s the catch 22; if you’re a strong enough character to want to be Prime Minister you wouldn’t want to be Prime Minister.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 12:17am
They were showing a programme about Thatcher's leadership on BBC there.  She was an IRA sympathiser.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 2:33am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Be either Stewart or Gove who goes tonight at 6pm. 

Many thought Stewart would be gone yesterday but as said last week there's a public appeal about him, I feel if he survives tonight he'll go far into the voting.

Boris doing the right thing by avoiding the cameras still like the plague, the longer he stays quiet the more chance he has of winning.

Ya stewart seems a decent type of guy. As you say there is a publuc appeal about him. Would he ever be a strong enough character to be PM though? 

He's too new in the mainstream world of politics to be a realistic contender but he's kinda dug his own grave now sadly.

He called Boris an idiot during the live debate, and it's been revealed that Boris is the one responsible for bumping up his votes to knock out who he thought was his closest rival - Raab - So not only did the comments knock him out the leadership race but he's unlikely to get a top job in Government because of the comments. A major own goal. Ouch

The latest gossip his next target is Gove.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 1:11pm
Gove into second place on 61 votes now. Great work by Johnson trying to get rid of him so.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 1:23pm
Welcome Boris.  This is a great day for grown up children.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 1:31pm
I didn't know Michael Gove is Scottish, has been known to sing the sash, was adopted (real name ; Graeme Logan) and is only 52. I assumed he was about a decade older than that. 

Will Johnson get 30 to 40 of his lads to switch to Hunt later to make sure it's him he faces.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 2:01pm
That’s the case against adoption right there! 
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 2:20pm
LOL
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

I didn't know Michael Gove is Scottish, has been known to sing the sash, was adopted (real name ; Graeme Logan) and is only 52. I assumed he was about a decade older than that. 

Will Johnson get 30 to 40 of his lads to switch to Hunt later to make sure it's him he faces.

Logic would say that Hunt is going to get a surge in backing later on for 2 reasons - Boris doesn’t want to come up against another Hard Brexiteer, hence why he got rid of Raab first and secondly the Tories don’t want their leadership race turning into a personal feud, referencing from when Gove stabbed Boris in the back 3 years ago.

Would be very surprised if Gove got through later on
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 2:50pm
The most amusing thing about all of this is how the candidates simply cannot trust anything they are told by individual MPs, and expect it.

Each and every one of them is perceived by each leadership candidate and their backers as a potentially duplicitous backstabbing b*stard, because each leadership candidate and their backers cannot perceive that a person wouldn't be a potentially duplicitous backstabbing b*stard.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 6:06pm
Gove gone. Only 2 votes in it however, more surprised how narrow the margin was, expected an easy win for Hunt.

Meanwhile Boris' count continues to rise.

Edited by coyne - 20 Jun 2019 at 6:12pm
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 7:20pm

Meanwhile Boris' count continues to rise.
Superfluous o there in one of the words in your post

GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 4:25pm
Anyone see the footage of UK Minister Mark Field at a black tie dinner last night grabbing that protester by the neck and marching her out of the room.
He has being temporarily suspended from his post.
Calls for him to be sacked.
The footage does look bad for him.
But what if she had a weapon or liquid acid?
It would look worse if the protester did attack and injure someone, while dozens of grown men sat and stared, not intervening.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Anyone see the footage of UK Minister Mark Field at a black tie dinner last night grabbing that protester by the neck and marching her out of the room.
It would look worse if the protester did attack and injure someone, while dozens of grown men sat and stared, not intervening.
So you’re saying it’s ok to beat up women that annoy us on the off chance they have some acid on them.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 4:56pm

Are you for f**king real Confused
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

So you’re saying it’s ok to beat up women that annoy us on the off chance they have some acid on them.

No, I’m not saying it ok to beat up women.
Did you read my post?
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 5:50pm
Stupid post to make but it's over excessive force simple as which equates to assault.

If I did that being a Security Guard and got filmed I'd lose my license.

If she had hands in her pocket as if to say she was gonna brandish a weapon I'd understand the self defence perspective but she's wearing a cocktail dress so it's absolute nonsense.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 5:51pm
LOLLOLLOLLOL
What if she had a Samurai sword hidden up her hole for sexual stimulation? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 391392393394395 534>
  Share Topic