You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 381382383384385 534>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 6:53pm
May's got to go down as the worst, she's absolutely appalling in every way. She's trully pathetic, a walking disaster area, and this, normally, would on some level elicit a degree of sympathy and embarrassment on her behalf. But she's done so many atrocious things she doesn't even get that. She's almost unique as a politician in being universally despised. Sure there are other equally c**tish figures in politics, but they'll garner some support from somewhere, even if it's a lunatic fringe. May manages to be hated by all. It's her coldness, her complete lack of humanity that I think's the worst thing about her. She's communicates the aura of a total psychopath, literally capable of anything. There's a palpable disquiet, a fearfulness, while she remains in Number 10.

The only reason she's remained in post despite her innumerable f**k-ups is that she was put in place, specifically, to subvert a democratic outcome and make sure the UK remains tied to the EU. This will go down as her only success. 

Edited by NewtNewbie - 22 May 2019 at 7:10pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 7:26pm
Confirmed she's meeting with Graham Brady on Friday.

The Tories problem is that they've already used up the Leadership challenge card and their party rules state can't use it for another 365 days so what will happen is Brady will ask her "If I give you a few quid can you swiftly and quietly f**k off" The problem is she can always say no LOL
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 7:57pm
Leadsom's gone. 
1 of many to follow to try and get her out.

The government is self-dismantling themselves and Nigel Farage is trapped on a bus surrounded by milkshake wielding youths, I bet the EU are sh*tting themselves.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 9:07pm
To ignore the result on Friday and “carry on”, would become simple arrogance and hubris. Another defeat would be the third successive defeat in elections, apart from the majority loss in 2017, and the numerous Commons and Lords votes that have gone against her. You can’t suffer successive national defeats, and brush them aside. That would be contempt for the public will.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

To ignore the result on Friday and “carry on”, would become simple arrogance and hubris. Another defeat would be the third successive defeat in elections, apart from the majority loss in 2017, and the numerous Commons and Lords votes that have gone against her. You can’t suffer successive national defeats, and brush them aside. That would be contempt for the public will.

Macmillan had the right idea "I would sooner ask my valet"
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

I would have sooner asked his valet than him...
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I’m struggling to afford my valet 
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I’m struggling to afford my valet 
I'll come down and clean it for ya.LOL
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 10:58pm
It’s not that type of valet and SH is very fond of his car Smile
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 11:01pm
That was the joke...
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 10:06am
Is there any Conservative MPs left willing to serve in the cabinet?
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 10:11am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I was reading an article last week where would Theresa May rank out of every Prime Minister the UK has ever had and why.

Top 3 worst were:
Lord North - Responsible for the American independence 
Theresa May - Brexit
Anthony Eden - Suez Crisis.

To be ranked the 2nd worst ever PM in history is some going LOL

It always amazes me how John Russell never gets mentioned at the very top of these lists. A man who presided over one million citizens of the United Kingdom starving to death. How can that not make you, by a very long distance, the worst British PM ever?
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 10:31am

Like something out of The Thick Of It LOL

Edited by Denis Irwin - 23 May 2019 at 10:31am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

[A man who presided over one million citizens of the United Kingdom starving to death. 

you say citizen but it was very much a second class honour . the fact that the brits get shocked that we might have wanted to shoot our way out of the union shows how little they know or care 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Like something out of The Thick Of It LOL
LOLLOLLOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

[A man who presided over one million citizens of the United Kingdom starving to death. 

you say citizen but it was very much a second class honour . the fact that the brits get shocked that we might have wanted to shoot our way out of the union shows how little they know or care 

Absolutely
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 4:41pm
See the UN has overwhelmingly passed a resolution saying they should give back the Chagos Islands to Mauritius. Some of the social media are the predictable Brexiteer idiots basically telling Johnny Foreigner, the UN and Mauritius to "do one". 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 7:51pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 381382383384385 534>
  Share Topic