You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 380381382383384 534>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Looks like the knives are out for Theresa. Could be gone a lot sooner than expected 

Friday could be the Waterloo if things go worse than expected. The consistent loss of Council Seats, along with the a swath of MEPs could convince the last vestiges of support that even safe MP seats may be precarious, and that there could be more than one Portillo moment at any upcoming General.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 4:12pm
Corbyn’s call for a general election could be read as temptation to Boris and his ego.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 4:13pm
It's recess tomorrow which will buy her time until the next round of voting.

Her latest deal is expected to lose by more than the 1st one which will probably trigger a vote of no confidence. 
Then would of been the time to trigger a Leadership vote but they've used up that card already.

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 4:16pm
Allegedly all she wants at this stage is to survive longer than Gordon Brown did - she needs to see out another week.

Scandalous but hilarious if true.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 4:25pm
I was reading an article last week where would Theresa May rank out of every Prime Minister the UK has ever had and why.

Top 3 worst were:
Lord North - Responsible for the American independence 
Theresa May - Brexit
Anthony Eden - Suez Crisis.

To be ranked the 2nd worst ever PM in history is some going LOL

Edited by coyne - 22 May 2019 at 4:28pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 4:26pm
In fairness, she was left in charge of the mess. Cameron called the whole thing without being sure it wouldn’t happen.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 4:27pm
Cameron was far worse. He created this mess! 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 4:33pm
@joncraig
 Very senior MP tells me the word from the Cabinet corridor in the HoC is that the PM will resign tonight, Andrea Leadsom is poised to resign to launch a leadership bid, others may also resign & David Lidington will take over as acting PM. Unconfirmed!

Leadsom sweet Jesus. Mind you the rest aren't much better

Edited by Denis Irwin - 22 May 2019 at 4:34pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 4:46pm
I'd say she's gone tonight alright , 
and cameron should be in the top three for sure along with may , the Suez was a far smaller mess LOL
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 4:46pm
It can only be a ****. I would rather Leadsom to the Eton Trump.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Allegedly all she wants at this stage is to survive longer than Gordon Brown did - she needs to see out another week.

Two days after surviving longer than Brown she beats the Duke of Wellington. The only Irish born PM's Wellington (320 days) and the Earl of Shelburne (266 days) didn't last too long.

Theresa May, Gordon Browne and whoever the next one is will go down as three of the worst. Horrendous generation of substandard politicians not up to the job.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 5:00pm
Unfair on Brown IMO

Edited by Denis Irwin - 22 May 2019 at 5:00pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 5:04pm
  • Same very senior MP tells me Cabinet plotters are determined to keep Boris Johnson off the ballot paper of two candidates offered to the Tory membership. Talk of offering the members one man & one woman candidate.

Sounds like Boris is going to get knifed for the 2nd leadership election in a row LOL

Robbie Keane
    Robbie Keane
    I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 5:10pm
    It’s very subjective. I wouldn’t think much of Blair, Thatcher or Churchill. Psychopaths, serial killers and egomaniacs.
    Meanwhile, Clem never got a state funeral...
    coyne View Drop Down
    Paul McGrath
    Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 5:17pm
    Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Two days after surviving longer than Brown she beats the Duke of Wellington. The only Irish born PM's Wellington (320 days) and the Earl of Shelburne (266 days) didn't last too long.

Theresa May, Gordon Browne and whoever the next one is will go down as three of the worst. Horrendous generation of substandard politicians not up to the job.

Brown was actually ranked higher than Cameron on the poll I mentioned.
    Brown was literally handed a sh*t hand and got shafted by Blair so the general consensus was "Yeah he was sh*t but he was dealt a really sh*t hand"

Cameron was way down the list for reasons PM & Hetfield have mentioned + All the austerity measures in place during his time.
    I was surprised Churchill's 2nd term wasn't down the list, I'd say it was worse than Eden's but they only ranked his 1st term

The only PM's who people have a negative view on but I'd feel sorry for is Brown and Major, the rest were genuinely sh*te.

Edited by coyne - 22 May 2019 at 5:27pm
    Robbie Keane
    Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 5:34pm

LOL

Robbie Keane
    Robbie Keane
    I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 5:57pm
    LOLLOL
    There will be theses written in a few years about how milkshakes stopped the far-right! Is he lactose intolerant? That would be bit snowflake for our Nige! 
    Burger King’s tweet in Scotland last weekend was the sort of advertising I can get behind though!

On the subject of Farage, I thought the ‘Long Read’ in The Guardian this week was interesting about the links between 5 Star and him and their way of mobilising support.
    Het-field View Drop Down
    Roy Keane
    Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 6:31pm
    I actually struggle to absolve Brown. Would you grant a fools pardon to Dubyah for Cheney, or Cheney for the actions of Dubyah. Or closer to home, Cowen for Ahern? Brown was on the frontline with Blair, and was hand in hand with him in the run up to the crisis in 2008. He took over, but was directly linked.
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 380381382383384 534>
      Share Topic