You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 346347348349350 534>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 9:25pm
Well it did. That's how the Fixed Terms Parliaments Acts work.
The bad news for her is that unlike leadership contests, there's no limit on how many times you can do it.

Alot of noise being made about extending A50 and a 2nd referendum regarding 10pm.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 9:40pm
FFS what pointless bollox

At ease, folks. I am told the PM's 10pm statement on No10's steps is just a message of reassurance. She's in charge, and still delivering Brexit. Just in case you were in any doubt.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 9:43pm
She is announcing that on the Declan Rice issue there is no decision but they are expecting one before the 28th March.  Hopefully...
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 11:30pm
The good news for May and the UK is because the Brexit deal lost so badly, it's put the rest of the EU on red alert.

Even Merkel has come and said we might need to give the UK some things they want in order to avoid a No-deal for everyone. 
If the Deal was narrowly defeated then it would be like handing candy to a child but the heavy loss actually switched the momentum on the UK's side.

The DUP are insisting they renegotiate the backstop but it's absolute delusion to think the EU will be that generous, it's no go territory as far as the EU are concerned but I think things like the European Court no longer having control over UK laws is more reasonable proposals

Edited by coyne - 16 Jan 2019 at 11:33pm
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 11:33pm
That sounds suspiciously like Boris Johnson logic.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

The good news for May and the UK is because the Brexit deal lost so badly, it's put the rest of the EU on red alert.

Even Merkel has come and said we might need to give the UK some things they want in order to avoid a No-deal for everyone. 
If the Deal was narrowly defeated then it would be like handing candy to a child but the heavy loss actually switched the momentum on the UK's side.

The DUP are insisting they renegotiate the backstop but it's absolute delusion to think the EU will be that generous, it's no go territory as far as the EU are concerned but I think things like the European Court no longer having control over UK laws is more reasonable proposals

LOL

Ah would you stop for f**k sake
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 11:44pm
It's time for Neil Warnock to come in and finish off Brexit properly and put those European nancys back in their place. Warnock for PM.Clap
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 11:49pm
No I won't. Because they're facts which have already happened today.

Because they've already spoken about staying in the Customs Union and single market as a key element of renegotiation. The DUP want it, Labour want it, The Lib Dems want it, The Tories hate it.

The stuff regarding the ECJ was merely speculative to stop The Tories rebelling again because the likes of Rees Mogg, Boris etc would literally have a heart attack if May kept the country in the Customs Union without anything in return with the backstop being absolutely non-negotiable.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 12:00am

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

LOL

Tony Connolly agrees pressure back to the uk a narrow loss could of pushed the Eu to stretch just a little more to glide itv now there isn’t a mission of that happening 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

LOL

Tony Connolly agrees pressure back to the uk a narrow loss could of pushed the Eu to stretch just a little more to glide itv now there isn’t a mission of that happening 

Correct

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 6:29am

LOL

Yeah the EU will give the ‘leaving’ member everything they want! 

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 10:08am
Greece in 2015 should be a cautionary tale. I suspect May’s race is run with the EU, and they now know they can play hardball in any re-opened negotiations. That’s with the knowledge that any deal is unlikely to get the support of opposition MPs, and there is a coterie of pro hard Brexit MPs who secretly or overtly want no deal.

The extension would also not be contingent on giving May better terms. It would probably require commitment that a deal will pass, which cannot be given. Alternatively a general election will need to be called or a different government will have to negotiate a new deal, and there is no real reason to believe it will get any better under any other leader.

I think there has to be some degree of acceptance that a second vote is a legitimate approach and party politics and political advantage has to be put aside in this one.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 11:40am
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 2:00pm
He's such a clown.

Him and Shatter have been the worst ministers of the last twenty years, and from the same f**king constituency too.

The voters of Dublin South / Dublin Rathdown have a lot to answer for.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 5:11pm
I see Ken Clarke has upset Flegory Campbell by calling the DUP a sectarian party . Truth hurts for aul Flegory LOL

Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 5:14pm

I see Ken Clarke has upset Flegory Campbell by calling the DUP a sectarian party . Truth hurts for aul Flegory LOL
a rare bred is Ken - an almost likable Tory
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 6:39pm
Corbyn living in fantasy land again. Refusing to talk unless a no deal Brexit is categorically ruled out is just another way of avoiding harsh realities in this situation. With time running down, and with the EU unlikely to extend for extensions sake, the potential of a no deal Brexit is really out of her hands. Believe me, I’m not defending May here, but the no deal option is now automatically on the table, as extraordinarily undesirable as that is.

Edited by Het-field - 17 Jan 2019 at 6:40pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Corbyn living in fantasy land again. Refusing to talk unless a no deal Brexit is categorically ruled out is just another way of avoiding harsh realities in this situation. With time running down, and with the EU unlikely to extend for extensions sake, the potential of a no deal Brexit is really out of her hands. Believe me, I’m not defending May here, but the no deal option is now automatically on the table, as extraordinarily undesirable as that is.

They would actually. They wouldn't have anything to lose from it. 
The Pound would sink against the Euro however, but that's not something they'd be bothered about.

Even sulky Corbyn is surrendering to the idea of a 2nd referendum which would require an extension. 
It's 1 situation where the Brexit group who keeps having a massive influence on every vote would be powerless to prevent

The biggest troll of the year would go to Nigel Farage if he decided to stand for MEP again as it's re-election window during the extension period.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 346347348349350 534>
  Share Topic