You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 317318319320321 532>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 3:18pm
A by election will occur if a "recall petition" is successful. For such a petition to be successful it must be signed by 10% of the eligible electorate in the area, which is around 7500.

In the general election last year SF polled 7878, SDLP 2574, UUP 3482, TUV 3282, Alliance 2723, giving a grand total of 19939.

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 3:24pm
Hah, Shinners would love a recall. I imagine they're out getting signatures as we speak. Sure they probably know who voted for them, ffs.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 6:40pm
He shouldn't be allowed stand for re-election if a by-election were to happen. However in the short term the loss of a DUP vote at Westminster could prove critical.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 12:50am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

He shouldn't be allowed stand for re-election if a by-election were to happen. However in the short term the loss of a DUP vote at Westminster could prove critical.
You can't go around telling the people who they can't vote for.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 7:37am
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Well you can actually. There's numerous reasons in the UK why someone can be disqualified from running. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 6:46pm

Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Well you can actually. There's numerous reasons in the UK why someone can be disqualified from running. 
Silly billies.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 11:41pm
Hard Border it is then 

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 11:43pm
Jamie Bryson on the Tonight Show on TV3 now.  Cant stand the f**ker but he made a point in saying the EU will bottle it and not back us when it comes to the crunch and insist we have to have a hard border here.

Its quite likely I think.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Jamie Bryson on the Tonight Show on TV3 now.  Cant stand the f**ker but he made a point in saying the EU will bottle it and not back us when it comes to the crunch and insist we have to have a hard border here.

Jamie Bwyson knows f**k all. 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 19 Jul 2018 at 11:47pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 12:12am
Brits agreed to the backstop, then changed their own laws to make it illegal, then have the temerity to say the EU will have to reconsider. It's the sh*ttiest, most amateur attempt at blackmail ever.

Perfidious Albion will be the only ones to blame if there is a hard border.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 12:45am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Theresa May is denying the reality of the situation. No backstop means no aviation, no nuclear material, no cancer treatment, no economy, no nawtin. 

No deal will result in ~3 million losing their jobs. This is all bluster whether she knows it or not. She can't win.  

Edited by colemanY2K - 20 Jul 2018 at 12:48am
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 8:04am
while in monetary terms the eu does export more to the uk than the uk does to the eu which on the face of it would show the uk in a strong position the reality is that it from memory 12% of uk exports but barely 5 % if eu exports ie the uk needs a deal far more than the eu
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 8:49am
Sickening how the southern media lick the arse off Bryson, having him on their TV panel shows and treating him like some sort of educated political commentator.
Nothing but a scumbag who was out throwing stones at catholic houses a few years back during the flag protests.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 9:01am
The Southern approach to all Unionists has been a softly approach border line flirting, yet would toughen up to SF or others.

Willie Frazier was on RTE radio before PK or MF can't remember which, and it was all laughing and joking even though he was talking complete tripe,
something I'd have expected him to be pulled up on.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 11:09am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

The Southern approach to all Unionists has been a softly approach border line flirting, yet would toughen up to SF or others.

Willie Frazier was on RTE radio before PK or MF can't remember which, and it was all laughing and joking even though he was talking complete tripe,
something I'd have expected him to be pulled up on.

Dunphy was on last night as well and was licking his arse. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 11:16am
https://twitter.com/JamieBrysonCPNI/status/872842068590305280
https://twitter.com/joeman42/status/297029353051676672

Photoshopped?

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 12:48am
There was a 'Free Tommy' march in Cambridge today, only about 25 of them turned up.LOL They got annoyed at the end and went for the coppers, it was like watching Norn Iron play Israel. One cop got a face full of red dye. The whole thing was like a surreal sketch.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 10:40am
From the IT:

DUP MP Sammy Wilson has said there should be no additional sanctions on his colleague Ian Paisley.

Mr Wilson, who represents East Antrim, said: “As far as I am concerned Ian Paisley has been punished very severely by the House of Commons.

“He has admitted he did wrong and he has apologised to the party, to parliament and to his constituents. I don’t believe there should be any additional sanctions imposed on him.

“I believe he has admitted he was wrong. He didn’t try to hide it. He has stood up and publicly apologised and he has been punished very severely and I think that should be the end of the matter.”

Further down on the very same article....

When the Daily Telegraph broke the story of Mr Paisley’s holidays in Sri Lanka, where he was accompanied by his family, he initially denied the reports and threatened to sue the newspaper.

Absolute gas c*nts these lads.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 317318319320321 532>
  Share Topic