You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 308309310311312 535>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Kate has popped another one out, on St George's Day out of all days.

The likes of Nigel Farage, Tommy Robinson and Nick Griffin will be all over the news about this by 6pm this evening DeadDead

as someone wrote on twitter, "I'd love it if they called him Mohammed just to stir some sh*t with the EDL"
It would probably stir more sh*t within the family. Some sections are still struggling with the fact they have handpicked a black girl to modernise them!
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

Kate has popped another one out, on St George's Day out of all days.

The likes of Nigel Farage, Tommy Robinson and Nick Griffin will be all over the news about this by 6pm this evening DeadDead

as someone wrote on twitter, "I'd love it if they called him Mohammed just to stir some sh*t with the EDL"
It would probably stir more sh*t within the family. Some sections are still struggling with the fact they have handpicked a black girl to modernise them!

Announce the weight of the child in metric to reach out to remainers.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Iraq was a pretty big thing to be wrong on. 

It's not as if what was going to happen wasn't telegraphed from a long way out either.

It wasn't being wrong on something based on a quick, but wrong reaction to an unexpected event.

It was obvious from the latter part of 2001 on that the US was intent on manufacturing a war there and weren't goin to be put off by a tiddling little triviality such as reality.

In UK politics itself, in the last week, the major story has been the appalling treatment of the Windrush Generation. 

Theresa May has once again proved herself unfit to be Prime Minister. She created the climate of vilification of immigrants, where black British citizens were targetted and lost jobs and healthcare and in some cases their lives as a result of that vilification.

Jeremy Corbyn, as usual, was right on this, being only one of six Labour MPs to vote against her immigration bill in 2014. 

It was undoubtedly a major mistake. Along with 9/11 and the financial crash of 2008 it was one of the triumvirate of events which has dictated the manner in which politics has been conducting itself during this decade, and has undoubtedly shaped the course of contemporary politics. The sheer opposition to the war should have been heeded and taken on board. There was unprecedented opposition at the time, and what we know now underscores the point that the military action should not have happened. My point was to Muff that simply by supporting the Iraq War does not automatically compromise your past and previous positions which may have been correct, or may have added to public discourse for the better. Just like opposition to the Iraq War doesn't mean that every previous statement somebody has made on foreign policy is correct. In a vacuum there are those who were right, and those who were wrong. But being right or wrong in the instance is not the same as being consistently right or wrong.

May ought to be hauled over the coals in relation to the Windrush Generation. Its an absolute scandal, and that it could have taken place is an absolute outrage. There is absolutely no moral high ground she can take on this issue, and heads should have rolled.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:25pm
The Government had 3 votes in Parliament today - 

- Abolish the Human Rights Act in UK law after Brexit
- To Keep European Political, Social and Economic rights after Brexit
- To stop the European Courts having a say over UK law after Brexit.

The government lost all 3. I'm no expert, but it doesn't appear to be going to plan for them does it LOL

Edited by coyne - 23 Apr 2018 at 11:26pm
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 11:06pm
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 6:18pm
The EU is bringing in a similar system to ESTA for citizens of 3rd countries wishing to travel to the EU. The UK is likely to be a 3rd country following brexit. What this means for the 9.2 million Brits with a criminal record is that they could find themselves unable to go on their sun holidays to the Costa That of course assumes ETIAS is applied in a similar way to ESTA. It'll cost €7 and likely to take 3 days to process.

What this means for the NI/Ireland border crossing is not clear. if a hard brexit occurs the ETIAS system makes the border harder. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 25 Apr 2018 at 6:19pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 6:19pm
LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 6:38pm
I dunno what you's 2 are laughing at mind.. They didn't list Ireland as the countries involved so you're paying the fee too! LOL
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 6:40pm

I dunno what you's 2 are laughing at mind.. They didn't list Ireland as the countries involved so you're paying the fee too! LOL

Non EU citizens good lad 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Non EU citizens good lad 
LOL
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 6:43pm

Non EU citizens good lad 

Ireland aint part of the schengen area and Ireland wasn't listed in the tweet

Hello Darkness My Old Friend.. I've come to talk with you again.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 6:48pm

Non EU citizens good lad 

Suggest you look at the video on the twitter link. Clearly states non-EU citizens entering schengen
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 6:48pm

Non EU citizens good lad 

Ireland as a member of the EU enjoys the four freedoms. One of which is the freedom of movement. To put a barrier in place would be in contravention of EU law. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 6:53pm

Non EU citizens good lad 

LOL
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

The EU is bringing in a similar system to ESTA for citizens of 3rd countries wishing to travel to the EU. The UK is likely to be a 3rd country following brexit. What this means for the 9.2 million Brits with a criminal record is that they could find themselves unable to go on their sun holidays to the Costa That of course assumes ETIAS is applied in a similar way to ESTA. It'll cost €7 and likely to take 3 days to process.

What this means for the NI/Ireland border crossing is not clear. if a hard brexit occurs the ETIAS system makes the border harder. 

Doubt the spainish soild want to block that cash cow and what happens if I'm in Gibraltar and want to nip down to the local beach for an afternoon. (Current leaders of) Countries like Poland and Hungary on the other hand would welcome it to match their hard immigration vote getttins tactic.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 6:55pm
Only after realising that because we're outside Schengen it'll have no effect on the NI border.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Doubt the spainish soild want to block that cash cow and what happens if I'm in Gibraltar and want to nip down to the local beach for an afternoon. (Current leaders of) Countries like Poland and Hungary on the other hand would welcome it to match their hard immigration vote getttins tactic.

It's happening. It passed the first hurdle today and will be in place in a few years. If anything the Spanish will push for it if it causes greater difficulty for those on the rock. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 6:58pm

Non EU citizens good lad 

Ireland as a member of the EU enjoys the four freedoms. One of which is the freedom of movement. To put a barrier in place would be in contravention of EU law. 

Wouldn't be so sure you know. All the flags missing from that list are currently non-EU (or leaving the EU) countries except the Irish flag. Irish flag was the only EU country not to be listed.

Do think you's will get a bad deal from this.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 308309310311312 535>
  Share Topic