You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 296297298299300 534>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 7:13pm
Nothing legendary about the prick

Edited by colemanY2K - 14 Feb 2018 at 7:14pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 7:16pm
How anybody can see him as a 'legend', apart from the Blair Toast types down the Monday Club, is beyond me.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 7:19pm
He'll be even an bigger legend when he fools 52% of the entire Union and goes for a soft-Brexit or a No Deal if he gets the opportunity to do so.

Anyone who reckons he's a hard Brexiteer wants to look up gullible in the dictionary 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 7:20pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 1:40am
In all seriousness in the 30 minute speech Boris dodged every question about Ireland, normally as a Foreign Secretary that'd be a worrying thing. 

But being the self-important selfish person he is, he only cares about his own popularity - Saying he wants an open border would upset the Brexit voters and his popularity would plummet, saying he wants a a hard border would upset the Irish government and the EU negotiators.
Being a biographer of Churchill, he's very likely aware of a quote from him which referenced towards Fermanagh and Tyrone and is likely to be wary of the consequences of a hard border. 

The bloke is playing long stretched out game, his best chance at the top job has passed already, when May had just lost her majority was the best time to bury her once and for all, but she's doing such a bad job he'll get another chance at it, although not as good as a chance as he got 6 month ago.

Edited by coyne - 15 Feb 2018 at 1:51am
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 10:13am
Looks like lowering the age to vote to 16 is happening.

Government don’t want it but they don’t have enough MPs in the Commons to actually stop it.
Labour currently has the monopoly on the 18-30 age group so that’s even more bad news for May.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 10:14am
bad news for the tories for sure, however getting those spotty teenagers out to vote is another thing.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 10:47am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

bad news for the tories for sure, however getting those spotty teenagers out to vote is another thing.
The 'novelty' factor will get a lot of them out at the start.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

In Scotland yes, which is great news for the SNP but in rUK I can't see the teens being motivated enough to vote.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 2:04pm
God, the thought of the SNP increasing their hold is almost enough for me to oppose the change.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 2:21pm
Would be hilarious if it led to the Tories and labour getting wiped again in Scotland.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 2:22pm

Would be hilarious if it led to the Tories and labour getting wiped again in Scotland.

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 2:36pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

In Scotland yes, which is great news for the SNP but in rUK I can't see the teens being motivated enough to vote.
I would imagine it will lead to more political engagement in schools. I would be surprised if the turnout of 16-18 year olds wasn't higher than the rest of the population.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 3:43pm
We had a right weapon! I would take my chances with a homicidal maniac before her.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 6:45pm
UKIP leader sacked.
Next Leadership election will be their 6th in less than 2 years.

They're like the Sunderland AFC of politics - In free-fall and they like to sack their manager every couple of months.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

UKIP leader sacked.

They're like the Sunderland AFC of politics - In free-fall and they like to sack their manager every couple of months.

Hilarious how they are eating themselves from the inside.

But with Brexit now a reality their purpose is defunct. Once Brexit happens they should fold.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 7:37pm

UKIP leader sacked.

That lunatic from Stoneybatter must be a shoo-in to get it this time.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

UKIP leader sacked.

That lunatic from Stoneybatter must be a shoo-in to get it this time.

That would be the ultimate irony

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 296297298299300 534>
  Share Topic