You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 287288289290291 535>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 11:58pm
Think 3 million each might cover it, worth a go. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 10:07am
https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/fintan-o-toole-ireland-has-just-saved-the-uk-from-the-madness-of-a-hard-brexit-1.3320096?mode=amp

Normally I can't stomach Vincent O'Toole but thought this was a good article. The below bit gave me a chuckle:

"Call it what you like - if it acts like a customs union, moves like a customs union and is fully aligned like a customs union, it is a customs union.But this, of course, is precisely why this deal is not just the beginning of the end of the Brexit talks. It is potentially the beginning of the end of Brexit itself. If the deal sticks, the dreams of a clean break, of throwing off the shackles of EU regulation and sailing off into the great blue yonder of Empire 2.0 are over - unless the “swivel-eyed loons” can stage a coup, call off the talks process and crash out with no deal"

Edited by irishmufc - 09 Dec 2017 at 10:08am
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 11:22pm

"May's triumph"

"EU over a barrel"

Edited by Denis Irwin - 09 Dec 2017 at 11:24pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/fintan-o-toole-ireland-has-just-saved-the-uk-from-the-madness-of-a-hard-brexit-1.3320096?mode=amp

Normally I can't stomach Vincent O'Toole but thought this was a good article. The below bit gave me a chuckle:

"Call it what you like - if it acts like a customs union, moves like a customs union and is fully aligned like a customs union, it is a customs union.But this, of course, is precisely why this deal is not just the beginning of the end of the Brexit talks. It is potentially the beginning of the end of Brexit itself. If the deal sticks, the dreams of a clean break, of throwing off the shackles of EU regulation and sailing off into the great blue yonder of Empire 2.0 are over - unless the “swivel-eyed loons” can stage a coup, call off the talks process and crash out with no deal"

Who is Vincent O toole :-
AKA pedantic kunt
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 12:36am
Bizarre.Everyone can now see that their beloved Brexit is going to be a disaster so the Daily Express react by going for some alternative facts and hoping somehow their deluded readers will just go along with it?

No mention of how their poster boy Nigel Farage thinks its a complete capitulation? 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 1:23am
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Bizarre.Everyone can now see that their beloved Brexit is going to be a disaster so the Daily Express react by going for some alternative facts and hoping somehow their deluded readers will just go along with it?

No mention of how their poster boy Nigel Farage thinks its a complete capitulation? 

It's called political bias. The Daily Mail and Express (and The Mirror for Labour) have always been at it.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a disaster either, I call it a victory for the Remainers. The whole point of Brexit was about immigration and they are allowed to do their own ways of border control by implementing the Australian way of new citizens entering the country but the kick in the nuts is that they have to abide to European Law and Courts for a further 8 years including any new ones implemented during then and they've vetoed their position to vote on the matters so it's a rather Pyrrhic victory, and it's not exactly value for £40bn.

The deal still has to goto Parliament at the very end and I anticipate the vote will be extremely close - It's 2 very evenly matched sides of Tory Rebellers, Labour Rebellers, SNP, Lib Dems and possibly DUP* vs Labour Brexiteers, Tory Brexiteers and the 4 Plaid Cymru MP's (Have to assume because their constituencies heavily voted leave they'll respect the result in order to keep their seat next GE)

*How the DUP will vote is beyond me, they're supposed to prop up the Brexiteer votes but they've already double-crossed May once already, and they're known for putting their own interests first so I wouldn't rule it out again 

Edited by coyne - 10 Dec 2017 at 2:06am
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 4:35am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Who is Vincent O toole :-

That's a horse of a different colour.....(Deiseblue might get that joke, and nobody else Wink)

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 4:38am
Originally posted by Weeblywee Weeblywee wrote:

Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Think 3 million each might cover it, worth a go. 

Euro or Britcoin?

Will go with the YoYo's Weebly, sure by the time Westminster pass the invoice, otherwise I reckon I might get 3 million Britcoin in a single note, worth roughly the same as David Davies' ''analysis'' of Brexit. 

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 5:18am

The search function on this yoke seems to have died a death, but ages ago, my entire analysis of Brexit was that the narrow majority simply didn't want to take another few boatloads of Syrians into their country. You can, if ya want, add Indians, Pakistanis, Polish, black people or Irish or whoever else ya like, but that is still about the size of it. 

There were idealogical leftists who did some genuine analysis and voted against a federalist state that they thought was a threat to British soveirgnty, and of course, the far right multi millionaires or even billionaires that pushed the issue for personal tax purposes, but those buckos were very much a minority. This vote was swung by idiots whose entire understanding of politics or the world in general is via the medium of headlines (not even the biased, simplistic articles published in same, because they wouldn't have the ability to either read that far, or even if they did, understand much of what was being said) in the likes of the Daily Mail and the Scum. 

These utter simpletons only really understand the notion of ''winning'' and ''losing'' and have no regard for complexities or nuances, so now we see some of those tabloids pushing the line that these negotiations have been a massive victory for Britain, it is basically a strategy to placate the idiots. It might even possibly work, but only if they don't give the likes of Gove, Boris, Farage and Rees Mogg too much of a platform to tell them the truth. 

The likes of those lads, can of course, see through it for the capitulation that it is, but at the same time, if the Daily Mail decides that it is a ''victory for Britain/May'' , they will likely row along with that verdict if that is the way the wind is blowing. Farage won't, but as a politician struggling within his own party (that's if he has decided to rejoin it or not, tis difficult to keep up), his verdict is somewhat of an irrelevance anyway, save for the far right lunatic section. 

From an Irish point of view, tis kind of amusing to watch a a country self destructing for no particular reason at all, save for lack of leadership, but equally, in the history of Irish politics, nobody has ever achieved the turnaround Varadkar & Coveney managed in a week, from a domestic situation of being hopelessly politically naive and backing the wrong horse (in Frances Fitzgerald) and on the brink of calling a disastrous election, to a week later, where they now find themselves lauded as 2 of the finest statesmen/negotiators in Europe. 

Tis the gift that keeps on giving really, phase 2 should be right craic. 

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

The search function on this yoke seems to have died a death, but ages ago, my entire analysis of Brexit was that the narrow majority simply didn't want to take another few boatloads of Syrians into their country. You can, if ya want, add Indians, Pakistanis, Polish, black people or Irish or whoever else ya like, but that is still about the size of it. 

There were idealogical leftists who did some genuine analysis and voted against a federalist state that they thought was a threat to British soveirgnty, and of course, the far right multi millionaires or even billionaires that pushed the issue for personal tax purposes, but those buckos were very much a minority. This vote was swung by idiots whose entire understanding of politics or the world in general is via the medium of headlines (not even the biased, simplistic articles published in same, because they wouldn't have the ability to either read that far, or even if they did, understand much of what was being said) in the likes of the Daily Mail and the Scum. 

These utter simpletons only really understand the notion of ''winning'' and ''losing'' and have no regard for complexities or nuances, so now we see some of those tabloids pushing the line that these negotiations have been a massive victory for Britain, it is basically a strategy to placate the idiots. It might even possibly work, but only if they don't give the likes of Gove, Boris, Farage and Rees Mogg too much of a platform to tell them the truth. 

The likes of those lads, can of course, see through it for the capitulation that it is, but at the same time, if the Daily Mail decides that it is a ''victory for Britain/May'' , they will likely row along with that verdict if that is the way the wind is blowing. Farage won't, but as a politician struggling within his own party (that's if he has decided to rejoin it or not, tis difficult to keep up), his verdict is somewhat of an irrelevance anyway, save for the far right lunatic section. 

From an Irish point of view, tis kind of amusing to watch a a country self destructing for no particular reason at all, save for lack of leadership, but equally, in the history of Irish politics, nobody has ever achieved the turnaround Varadkar & Coveney managed in a week, from a domestic situation of being hopelessly politically naive and backing the wrong horse (in Frances Fitzgerald) and on the brink of calling a disastrous election, to a week later, where they now find themselves lauded as 2 of the finest statesmen/negotiators in Europe. 

Tis the gift that keeps on giving really, phase 2 should be right craic. 

https://inews.co.uk/essentials/news/politics/ian-paisley-boasts-weve-done-varadkar-brexit-deal/
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 10:51pm

Delusional
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 12:01am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

https://inews.co.uk/essentials/news/politics/ian-paisley-boasts-weve-done-varadkar-brexit-deal/

Ian Óg there, playing to his gallery of simpletons. Hopefully they all believe him anyway. 

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 8:48am
The NI agri food business must be pulling their hair out when they see comments like that.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 11:46pm
Tories really desperate to hold on to their coalition, like desperate desperate.

Anne Marie Morris the disabled hating racist the shouted the N word in the Commons is back in office from suspension and Vice-PM Damian Green is expected to be told tomorrow he can still resume duties although he sexually touched someone which forced the Defence Sec bloke to resign recently. 

No shame.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 11:51am
Sammy Wilson is about half way in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCNG5UeKMZw
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 5:45pm
Why is Jeremy Corbyn not positioning himself as the leader of the Brexit rebellion rather than some Tory remainer who has a shady past.

Dominic Greive has put forward a bill that the government cannot leave the EU without Parliament's consent and it's expected to win tonight with Labour, SNP, Lib Dems and Greens backing it.
If it's a massive landslide win then a no-deal on the final vote could be on the agenda. DUP support won't be enough to help a landslide.
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 7:23pm
MPs vote for opportunity for more votes.
Amendment Bill with condition of a vote on withdrawal wins in House of Commons 309 - 304.

Gina Miller who was part of a private court case to get Parliament involved in the Brexit process. Well Done.

Edited by UCDFAN - 13 Dec 2017 at 7:24pm
www.ucdsupporters.ie
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 7:46pm
Vice Chairman of the Conservative party sacked for rebelling. 

They're fuming deep inside really but they'll call it a minor setback in public.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 287288289290291 535>
  Share Topic