You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 249250251252253 532>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

@georgeeaton
John McDonnell: "The Tories need to sort themselves, because when we get into government we will need an effective opposition."

Ironic from a perma-opposition merchant like McDonnell.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 10:30am
@TRobinsonNewEra
The support I'm receiving is unreal, after 10 yrs of being beaten battered, in-prisoned, & slandered people are finally hearing my voice

In-prisoned

Poor Tommy or should I say Stephen.

Edited by Denis Irwin - 21 Jun 2017 at 10:30am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 11:20am
Good to know that slandered people are finally hearing his voice.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

@georgeeaton
John McDonnell: "The Tories need to sort themselves, because when we get into government we will need an effective opposition."

Ironic from a perma-opposition merchant like McDonnell.
Give it a while, mate. Give it a while...
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 12:19pm
Heaven help us if he holds the purse strings.      
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 12:31pm
Labour veteran Dennis Skinner traditionally shouts out at this moment and this year is no different, with a nod to the Queen's love of racing and the current Ascot meeting.

"Get yer skates on - first race is half past two,"

Always comes out with a cracker

1987 “Tell her to sell up!”

1988 “Ey up, here comes Puss In Boots!”

1989 “Oh, it's a good outfit!”

1990 “It tolls for thee, Maggie.”

1992 “Tell her to pay her taxes.”

1993 “Back to basics with Black Rod.”

1995 & 1996 “New Labour, New Black Rod.”

1997 “Do you want to borrow a Queen's Speech?”

2000 “Tell her to read the Guardian.”

2001 “You’re nowt but a midget!”

2003 “Did she lock the door behind her?”

2005 “Has she brought Camilla with her?”

2006 “Have you got Helen Mirren on standby?”

2007 “Who shot the harriers?”

2008 “Any Tory moles at the palace?”

Black Rod: “I’m going to miss you Dennis.”

2009 “Royal expenses are on the way.”

2010 “No Royal Commissions this week.”

2012 “Jubilee year, double dip recession. What a start” – prompted Tory cries of “shame!”

2013 “Royal Mail for sale. Queen's head privatised.”

2014 “Coalition's last stand.”

2016 “Hands off the BBC!”

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 12:52pm
Dennis SkinnerClap

The greatest man England has produced.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 2:12pm

Heaven help us if he holds the purse strings.      
"Us"?

Speak for yourself.

I'm not one of the top 5% richest UK citizens, thanks, so I doubt I have much to fear from Mr. McDonnell.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

I'm not one of the top 5% richest UK citizens, thanks, so I doubt I have much to fear from Mr. McDonnell.

Neither am I. But I repeat, heaven help us!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 2:22pm

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Neither am I. But I repeat, heaven help us!
Heaven didn't help anybody from what the "economically competent"* Tories have done, mate.

*Economically illiterate, magic money tree ignoramuses.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 2:36pm
That doesn't make the Labour economic platform any more credible or liable to succeed. I'm not batting the Tory line. Try again.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 3:00pm

That doesn't make the Labour economic platform any more credible or liable to succeed. I'm not batting the Tory line. Try again.
Labour's economic plan is considerably more credible than the Tories, and their Brexit plan is also considerably more credible.

In fact Labour economic plans have a history of being considerably more credible than the Tories since World War II. 

Tory economics is and always has been based on fantasy and fallacy.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 3:06pm
That's totally untrue. Unless you are deliberately trying to forget Labour economic mismanagement after the turn of the millennium. They were less than a success in the 1970s too. The fact that the Tories didn't have the capacity or the capability to exploit the gaping holes in Corbyn's manifesto doesn't mean that they weren't there in abundance. They were there, and it wasn't credible. And this is not some endorsement of the Tories.

Edited by Het-field - 21 Jun 2017 at 3:07pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 3:22pm

That's totally untrue. Unless you are deliberately trying to forget Labour economic mismanagement after the turn of the millennium. They were less than a success in the 1970s too. The fact that the Tories didn't have the capacity or the capability to exploit the gaping holes in Corbyn's manifesto doesn't mean that they weren't there in abundance. They were there, and it wasn't credible. And this is not some endorsement of the Tories.
The funny thing is, people were comparably better off under the 3-day week than they were now, which kind of shows you the mismanagement from all of them over the past 40 years. 
It was the red Tories that were in power at the turn of the millennium, there hasn't been a Labour PM since Wilson and even that is a debate!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 4:55pm

It's absolutely true. 

Labour has borrowed considerably less per year of government since World War II than the Tories and they've also paid back more in national debt per year of government than the Tories. 

So the facts are cut and dried on this. Labour are more prudent.

Oh and Labour's manifesto was costed. The Tories' comedy joke of a manifesto wasn't. 

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 5:07pm
Borrowing and National Debt figures only tell a fraction of any economic story.

Also costing does not mean credible and sustainable, and the entire nationalisation plan was not spelled out in a costed fashion, and elements of the "costing" was done by simple reference to borrowing the money.

Also, Labour performance after 2000 is a fundamental reason for current policies.

Edited by Het-field - 21 Jun 2017 at 5:11pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 5:08pm
@BBCPeterH

Speaker rules that it is not unparliamentary language to describe DUP as dinosaurs pointing out "they ruled the earth for millions of years

Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 5:11pm
They've also been adamant about eliminating the budget deficit for years now, but to no avail..

Edited by Darraghn92 - 21 Jun 2017 at 5:13pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 249250251252253 532>
  Share Topic