You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 195196197198199 535>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 1:59pm
@jessicaelgot

Ukip says any rape or grooming offence where the perpetrator is a different race should be "aggravating factor" and treated as hate crime.

f**king hell
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

@jessicaelgot

Ukip says any rape or grooming offence where the perpetrator is a different race should be "aggravating factor" and treated as hate crime.

f**king hell
They do irony like nobody else.LOLClap
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

So... Fermanagh South Tyrone, a pact would do well.

Pact or not, Shinners will reclaim Bobby Sands' former seat
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 2:59pm
This is real:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ukip-candidate-gisela-allen-glasgow-garscadden-scotstounhill-attraction-gorillas-being-gay-a7699126.html

Ukip candidate Gisela Allen compares her attraction to gorillas to being gay

'Do you think I am going all over the city and saying my idea of a sexually-attractive creature is a gorilla?' says candidate for Glasgow council

A Ukip candidate for Glasgow Council has compared being gay to her attraction to gorillas.

Gisela Allen made the startling remarks to prove why she believes gay people should keep their sexuality a secret and the LGBT community need not exist.

Ms Allen, who is standing for election in the Garscadden Scotstounhill ward, argued an individual’s sexuality was a “private affair” and did not need to be announced “openly”.

“I am not anti-gay – but how can you call that a community? Sex life is everybody’s private affair,” she told the Sunday Herald over the weekend. 

“You do not come out and declare openly. Do you think I am going all over the city and saying my idea of a sexually-attractive creature is a gorilla?” 

“When I go to a zoo and I see a gorilla my hormones go absolutely crazy. I find a gorilla very attractive.”

But a spokesperson for the UK Independence Party has now insisted Ms Allen was joking when making the remarks.

“She was taking the mick out of the Herald journalist,” they told The Independent. “She is absolutely flabberghasted that anybody would take her seriously”.

Ms Allen has drawn heavy criticism and ridicule for comparing bestiality to homosexuality on Twitter.

“She literally compared homosexuality to the fact that she wants to f*** an actual gorilla, honestly Ukip is a circus of horrors,” said Zach Green.

“Her ignorance really is astounding! Comparing sexualising a gorilla with being gay!?” added another critic.

“When it comes to selecting newsworthy candidates, UKIP really does set the bar high,” quipped Benjamin Gravestock.

Ms Allen first made headlines on Friday for an article she had written in the Clydebank Post. In the piece, which was widely shared on social media, the local politician said she wanted the death penalty to be reinstated and argued the guillotine might be a better method of execution than hanging.

“It doesn’t necessarily have to be hanging. You could have the guillotine. I think the public is entitled to protection," she said.

These were not the only controversial remarks she made in the article. She also said the SNP were a “public danger” and we are “heading for World War Three”. What's more, the politician said she wanted to see nursery funding withdrawn because women with young children should stay at home and care for them.

Nurseries are not the only entity Ms Allen wants to see slashed, she also said she wants to abolish golf courses, free bus passes, plastic bags, and sex education in schools. However, she did express her support for riding stables, saying: “It’s very important children work with horses and ride horses".

If the candidate were to be victorious in Glasgow on 4 May, she would become the first ever Ukip councillor to be elected to a Scottish local authority.

Edited by sid waddell - 24 Apr 2017 at 3:00pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 3:03pm
f**king fruitloops
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 4:21pm
Zac Goldsmith running for his old seat in Richmond. Hope he loses again

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 6:02pm
Aaron Banks not running in Clacton

*Chicken Clucking*

d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 6:04pm
Screaming Lord Sutch territory for UKIP these days. 

What a mad old bat Gisela Allen is LOL

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 6:08pm
According to youguv the Tories are on course to win a majority of seats in Wales for the first time since the 1850's. The poll shows labour will be the one's to lose out with PC and LD holding their seats.

A disastrous election is on the cards for labour and their future existence will come into question.

Edited by colemanY2K - 24 Apr 2017 at 6:10pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 6:10pm
Wales really earning their Little England title

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

According to youguv the Tories are on course to win a majority of seats in Wales for the first time since the 1850's. The poll shows labour will be the one's to lose out with PC and LD holding their seats.

A disastrous election is on the cards for labour.

Yup

@alantravis40

Latest Guardian/ICM poll has Tories on a 'stunning' 48% vs 31% in those seats currently held by Labour on a majority of less than 15%.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 6:12pm

A disastrous election is on the cards for labour and their future existence will come into question.

Are we really listening to a poll ran by the Tories though? Of course it's gonna be biased! 

In a few weeks time we'll have all the heavyweights like Murdoch popping up like an unwanted zit throwing lies about Corbyn in the front pages.
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Are we really listening to a poll ran by the Tories though? Of course it's gonna be biased! 

In a few weeks time we'll have all the heavyweights like Murdoch popping up like an unwanted zit throwing lies about Corbyn in the front pages.

Ah, we are at "the Polls are biased" stage.

Why would a polling company want inaccurate polls? Polling is big business for marketing and product research. Why would they want to be renowned for inaccurate numbers?
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Why would a polling company want inaccurate polls? Polling is big business for marketing and product research. Why would they want to be renowned for inaccurate numbers?

I'm afraid to tell you this.. But they've been doing it for the last 4 years now.

Because if they were actually accurate, we'd be in a Labour majority government, talking about how we're remaining in the EU, not sure about Scotland as they've voted for independence and meanwhile Ed is shaking hands with Hiliary Clinton.

Even the most gullible of people should of clicked on by now that polls are about as knowledgeable as you and me.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 6:30pm
The media should stick to the facts about Corbyn for two reasons:

1.They are factual.
2.The facts speak for themselves and will undermine his efforts anyway.

Edited by Het-field - 24 Apr 2017 at 6:30pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 6:35pm

Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

I'm afraid to tell you this.. But they've been doing it for the last 4 years now.

Because if they were actually accurate, we'd be in a Labour majority government, talking about how we're remaining in the EU, not sure about Scotland as they've voted for independence and meanwhile Ed is shaking hands with Hiliary Clinton.

Even the most gullible of people should of clicked on by now that polls are about as knowledgeable as you and me.

Polls were within the margin of error for Brexit. Polls were actually spot on in the US. They showed Clinton 2% ahead and that's how it finished. Electoral College made the outcome different

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 6:35pm
The Fake News Tories are spreading fake, photoshopped anti-Corbyn propaganda.

The woman here "who gave Corbyn the two fingers" on the doorstep is actually a Labour supporter giving him a clenched fist gesture of support.

The Tories and Tory media = Fake News.

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 6:38pm

Whilst yougov has Tory roots it is afterall a PLC therefore credibility in what it does is of paramount importance to the company.

Btw the poll was carried out for ITV-Cymru Wales and Cardiff University’s Wales Governance Centre, had a sample of 1029 Welsh adults and was carried out by YouGov from 19-21 January 2017.

The folks above drafted the question not yougov. If I was a labour supporter I would be inconsolable at the moment. The future for the party looks grim.

Edited by colemanY2K - 24 Apr 2017 at 6:40pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 195196197198199 535>
  Share Topic