You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UFC - thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 177178179180181 185>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 8:40am
Chimaev would have murdered Nate LOL

Glad he got to leave with a win, but that was a painful watch. Both of them should be retiring.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 10:29am
Only fights I got to see were the first prelim, which was a fun heavyweight fight that Chris Barnett won.

Then I set the the alarm and woke up just in time for the two main events. My eyes were a bit rolley but wasn't a great Nate fight but yes happy he went out on a win and would be satisfying if he was the man to shut Jake Paul up in boxing ring.  

Like you said, worked out well that Khamzat wasn't fighting Diaz case similar could have been over quickly. 
As much as Khamzat is a prick, he is box office. He wasn't scratched last night so hopefully he can go again quickly and show he can actually make the welterweight limit before getting a title shot. He be up to middleweight before long I'd say though. 
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 12:42pm
If that was a prelim fight with two rookies, you'd be disappointed with the technique. Ferguson over swung every single punch in the first and second round. If he stuck with the low kicks it would have been a formality in the 4th and 5th.

I'm not a massive fan of Diaz but I'm glad to see him go out with a win.

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

If that was a prelim fight with two rookies, you'd be disappointed with the technique. Ferguson over swung every single punch in the first and second round. If he stuck with the low kicks it would have been a formality in the 4th and 5th.

His knee injuries have taken a bad toll on him. It's like his knees don't bend at all when he moves.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 6:42pm
Plus that gash he got when Diaz checked and early kick probably didn't help. There was some lump.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

His knee injuries have taken a bad toll on him. It's like his knees don't bend at all when he moves.

Yea his movement is really stiff. I don't know where he goes from here, its hard to see him beating anyone above him in the rankings and I wouldn't give him a hope against hooker or Turner
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 10:29am
3 brilliant fights lined up on that main card in Abu Dhabi. Really hope Oliveira can beat Makhachev. Feels like the fight that Ferguson and Khabib could have been but better. 
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 3:06pm

3 brilliant fights lined up on that main card in Abu Dhabi. Really hope Oliveira can beat Makhachev. Feels like the fight that Ferguson and Khabib could have been but better. 

I think Makhachev is a better fighter, but fancy Oliveira to win, he's fought much better opponents and there is a lot to be said for coming back from bad situations he finds himself in. I'm looking forward to seeing them on the ground, with Oliveira being so active off his back.

Co-main, I think Dillashaw will win. Sterling is very beatable and Yan just played into him in the second fight. And I would put my house on Yan against O' Malley
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 10:07pm
I like o'malley but I didn't think he won. He'll probably get a title shot next.

Belal and Dariush continue to look very dangerous contenders. 

Can't believe Oliveira got tapped. Devastated we didn't get to see a 3, 4 or 5 round war. Was hoping he'd win. The last few years at lightweight were great. Could be in for a few year's of khabib like borefest. 

He'll fight Volk next which is a big mismatch. Then McGregor will probably talk himself into fighting him and they'll Dub it as McGregor khabib 2 which will undoubtedly end in McGregor getting taped.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

I like o'malley but I didn't think he won. He'll probably get a title shot next.

Belal and Dariush continue to look very dangerous contenders. 

Can't believe Oliveira got tapped. Devastated we didn't get to see a 3, 4 or 5 round war. Was hoping he'd win. The last few years at lightweight were great. Could be in for a few year's of khabib like borefest. 

He'll fight Volk next which is a big mismatch. Then McGregor will probably talk himself into fighting him and they'll Dub it as McGregor khabib 2 which will undoubtedly end in McGregor getting taped.

I think O' Malley was as shocked as everyone else with the decision. I was shocked at Oliveira tapping too, especially to an arm triangle, but he didn't look right at all.

Sold an absolute pup with the Dillashaw fight, should never have happened.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 5:52am
Agree that we're possibly in for a prolonged reign for Makhachev. If he's that comfortable against Oliveira, then it's hard to see any one trouble him for now. Oliviera was starting to look comfortable in the 2nd round but tried a stupid flying knee and got caught after it. But I suppose that's what makes him exciting to watch because he takes those chances.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 1:33am
Paul Hughes with a major W last night. Surely UFC bound after that. And Loughran should be soon to follow. 

On another note, does anyone know what happened to Lee Hammond? 4-0 fighter from SBG. Looks to have deleted social media and not sure when his next fight is booked. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 9:26am
What a main event. Looking forward to the rematch 

Edited by t_rAndy - 13 Nov 2022 at 9:26am
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 9:53am
Jumped out of my chair when he won. What a striker. What a story. Hopefully they rematch in Brazil. Pereira is huge. Could see him doing well at light heavyweight. Maybe he'll try if Glover retires and ironically he'd probably be the toughest match up. 

Either way I hope he wins the rematch and goes 4 0 up on Izzy. 

Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 4:36pm
That whole card was brilliant, even the early prelims (Trizano vs Seung woo would have fotn on a normal night) . I'm delighted to see Adesanya beaten, there's nothing more frustrating than watching a fighter with so much, do so little.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2022 at 4:23pm
Cage Warriors coming to Dublin next year 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2022 at 5:56am
Pimblett gifted a decision. Out-struck and Gordon won at least 2 rounds.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2022 at 11:59am

Pimblett gifted a decision. Out-struck and Gordon won at least 2 rounds.

Don't know how he got the decision, one judge gave him the third round ffs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 177178179180181 185>
  Share Topic